THE KEEDIET STORE ~ www.thekeediet.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Intro kb76slimmer
Coke Zero ????????? EmptySat Jun 20, 2015 9:26 pm by Kb76slimmer

» NEW VLCD BARS AND PIZZA WAFERS
Coke Zero ????????? EmptyThu Apr 02, 2015 7:57 pm by KeeSupport

» VLCD - BACK IN STOCK
Coke Zero ????????? EmptyWed Mar 11, 2015 11:36 pm by KeeSupport

» KeeDiet Soup Price Reduction
Coke Zero ????????? EmptyThu Feb 19, 2015 9:05 pm by KeeSupport

» Exante Diet Shake Review
Coke Zero ????????? EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 1:36 am by KeeSupport

» Keediet newbie - day 3 on rapid- anyone else out there?? it seems quiet.
Coke Zero ????????? EmptyMon Feb 02, 2015 7:47 pm by KeeSupport

» Slimmer Mikey's Blog(s) 2015
Coke Zero ????????? EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 1:38 am by KeeSupport

» NEW READY DIET MEAL - ADD TO THE KEEDIET STORE
Coke Zero ????????? EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 4:38 am by KeeSupport

» KEEDIET - VLCD SALE
Coke Zero ????????? EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 4:34 am by KeeSupport

Coke Zero ?????????

5 posters

Go down

Coke Zero ????????? Empty Re: Coke Zero ?????????

Post by slimmer mikey Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:08 am

Hi there.

Does your question mean "What are the benefits of ketosis?" or "What are the benefits of checking if you are in ketosis?"

If you don't understand ketosis best thing to do is go through the FAQs on the Kee Diet website:

http://www.thekeediet.co.uk/index.php?main_page=page&id=21

You only need to purchase the sticks of you are curious to know when you enter ketosis. If you follow the diet it will happen so you don't NEED the sticks.

Hope that helps.

slimmer mikey

Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2012-07-20

Back to top Go down

Post by with.love.gracie Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:47 am

Hi,

Should i be checking if im in ketosis? what are the benefits? and will i also need to purchase those sticks?

katie Very Happy
with.love.gracie
with.love.gracie

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2012-08-17

Back to top Go down

Coke Zero ????????? Empty RE:KETOSIS

Post by Wendy Brew Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:12 am

Thanks, I've had the headaches, and with you're BRILL APP, I've now got the water intake regular and PLENTY. Its day 7 and I've lost 4lb of which I'm pleased, GOOD START. At the start of my second week at LL, I did the ketosos check and was indeed de-hydrated, so again been there. I asked the question as I haven't got the sticks, I'm aware I can get them from the store, wondered IF I needed to... So from all you've said I think I am in Ketosis, and consequently don't need the sticks, unless I wish to deviate from what I'm presently doing.

AGAIN THANKS.....

Wendy Brew

Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2012-08-18

Back to top Go down

Post by hawklans Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:12 pm

Yes but it's not particularly accurate. A fair number of people get a headache after 2-3 days which last a short time (I do, but its a dull back of the head thing and easy to ignore), or of course the bad breath which is due to the ketones in your breath and as indelicate as it may be you may find your wee also has a different smell. Oh and if you find you lose your appetite as that is another side affect of the diet (and very helpful)

None of these are great ways of measuring, so I'd say that if you arent losing weight or not losing it very fast then the strips are the best way to tell. Only use them as a guide, some people score very low or no result on them but are still obviously in ketosis. If your result is very dark it probably means you are not getting enough water and are dehydrated.

hawklans

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2012-05-22

Back to top Go down

Coke Zero ????????? Empty Ketosis ???????

Post by Wendy Brew Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:41 pm

I do know that you can get strips for testing you're in the ketosis stage. Is there a way of telling your in the ketosis stage without?

Wendy Brew

Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2012-08-18

Back to top Go down

Post by hawklans Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:24 pm

Plus you can't do it everyday and I'm pretty sure if I tried it now it would just mess things up, so I had used it in the past when it was that or fall off the diet I was doing back in those days. I didn't even think of it this time because it was never worth the risk.

hawklans

Back to top Go down

Post by slimmer mikey Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:53 am

That's interesting to hear about the quick carb-out sesh might not affect ketosis. But like you say, I imagine it's hard to pull off with any certainty and you don't want to come out of ketosis.

slimmer mikey

Back to top Go down

Post by hawklans Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:15 am

Lucky man!

I have read of a theory associated to Atkins (which is based on ketosis as well) that you can have a carb overdose by some significant way, i.e. like your meal out, and your body doesn't have time to turn off ketosis. Effectively saying that if you eat a load of carbs in a short space of time and then go back to a very low carb diet it is too quick for your body to react to.

I have experimented with this in the past, usually trying to ensure that I only "carb out" in the space of an hour, with some success. It's not a precise art and it's say to mess up and then have to waste three days going back into ketosis. I never forget that the process of going into ketosis can mean that up to 70% of the weight loss comes from muscle mass rather than fat, so I really prefer not to keep slipping in and out of ketosis.

hawklans

Back to top Go down

Post by slimmer mikey Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:43 am

I've had a Coke Zero and stayed in ketosis. First time I did Protikee I had to go to a dinner and I had 3 courses including Baileys cheesecake for pud - and I was still in ketosis. Awesome

slimmer mikey

Back to top Go down

Post by hawklans Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:31 am

I'm really lucky that I'm not a fan of fizzy drink from anyone, and I'm not a fan of some of the bigger companies practices, but then I'm also not a fan of McDonalds as well for some of the same reasons.

Sometimes water can be boring if you arent a fan, so one option is of course the water flavourings offered by the kee store - and another option would be to use sparkling water with the flavours to recreate some of the pop flavours.

I'd be wary though of coke zero - in fact any of the so called diet drinks, as it seems some people can react to the sweetners they use, it seems to be very personal as I know people who can chugg the stuff down and not be affected but others it seems to affect even to the extent of dropping them out of ketosis, so maybe try a can and see what the effect is first and proceed with caution.

hawklans

Back to top Go down

Post by slimmer mikey Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:39 pm

The booklet that came with my first order of Protikee says in there that Coke Zero is OK, maybe only a couple of times a week though. You don't want to be chugging a can back everyday, regard it a s a treat.

I love Coke Zero. Although the unethical practices that go on in countries like India by Coca Cola do make me uneasy. Building processing plants and buying water rights with their unimaginably deep global conglomerate pockets (but they still pay peanuts really) which then starves the local farmers of enough water to cultivate all of their land, not good.

slimmer mikey

Back to top Go down

Coke Zero ????????? Empty Coke Zero ?????????

Post by Steph Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:39 am

Help x I've been told that coke zero
Is okay to drink on the plan ? Just
Wondered if this was right x I don't drink
Fizzy drinks but my other half who is
A keebee too loves his coke x so I just
Wanted to check if coke zero was permitted ?
Steph
Steph

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2012-02-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down