THE KEEDIET STORE ~ www.thekeediet.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Intro kb76slimmer
Newbie Confusion EmptySat Jun 20, 2015 9:26 pm by Kb76slimmer

» NEW VLCD BARS AND PIZZA WAFERS
Newbie Confusion EmptyThu Apr 02, 2015 7:57 pm by KeeSupport

» VLCD - BACK IN STOCK
Newbie Confusion EmptyWed Mar 11, 2015 11:36 pm by KeeSupport

» KeeDiet Soup Price Reduction
Newbie Confusion EmptyThu Feb 19, 2015 9:05 pm by KeeSupport

» Exante Diet Shake Review
Newbie Confusion EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 1:36 am by KeeSupport

» Keediet newbie - day 3 on rapid- anyone else out there?? it seems quiet.
Newbie Confusion EmptyMon Feb 02, 2015 7:47 pm by KeeSupport

» Slimmer Mikey's Blog(s) 2015
Newbie Confusion EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 1:38 am by KeeSupport

» NEW READY DIET MEAL - ADD TO THE KEEDIET STORE
Newbie Confusion EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 4:38 am by KeeSupport

» KEEDIET - VLCD SALE
Newbie Confusion EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 4:34 am by KeeSupport

Newbie Confusion

4 posters

Go down

Newbie Confusion Empty Re: Newbie Confusion

Post by Mora Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:16 am

Thanks again for the advice! I do appreciate it.

I am going to do my 4 packs per day with a small (toms & spring onion free!) salad per day. I just don't know how long I should do this to achieve Ketosis and then once you have entered The Ketosis stage, what then? Am I then able to add from the allowed protein list ie some lean meat or cottage cheese etc? Or should I stay on the 4 packs & a salad plan for X weeks?

I did read the guidance section but it is confusing-

http://www.thekeediet.co.uk/epages/vzwi4cnszntu.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/thekeediet.co.uk/Categories/Product__Plan_Guidance/WCFMR

This is the plan I thought I was following. It says 4 packs with the option to have 2 optionals. 1 being a salad the other being the choice to have the dressing or herbal tea or to exchange the milk allowance for yoghurt?

I need a VLCD with minimal calories (I can take it) that wont knock me out of ketosis once im there. But then reading the Ketosis section it says if you eat "one bite of vegetable" you will be out of ketosis?

Im finding this diet very confusing!
Mora
Mora

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2010-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Juliemarie Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:15 am

Sorry Mora maybe I mixed up Kee Lite and Etiquette 1, I'm sure Magpie knows more about these than I do!
Hope it's making a bit more sense now and going OK.
Julie X
Juliemarie
Juliemarie

Number of posts : 275
Registration date : 2010-01-13

Back to top Go down

Post by katyjay Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:07 am

Hi hun, how are things today?

I dont have much else to add cos Julie and Magpie have given such great advice!

The only things i'd mention is make sure you have your 200ml skimmed milk allowance very day, I add mine to coffee or use it to make up the porridge\shakes for a change

You need to be having a few nuts 3 times a week, I have 6 dry roasted peanuts ---bliss!

AND the bestest bit you can have sugar free jelly, as long as there is no citric acid in it, I think the rowntrees\hartleys ones are powders in a pack of 2, you can have any flavour and I make it up to the pint and have a bowl of jelly twice a day as a snack - sometimes with a vanilla shake made into a pudding and it tastes like jelly and angel delight! NOMNOMNOMN!!! You should wait a couple of weeks til you are fully in ketosis (if you are not sure you can buy the tests strips on the kee site) befor you introduce the jlly tho

Katy x

Katy xxx

katyjay

Number of posts : 175
Registration date : 2010-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Magpie29 Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:47 pm

Hello Mora, welcome to the Kee Diet.

I just read your posts and wanted to introduce myself because, like you, I have a lot of weight to lose - about the same amount as you, in fact. I started the diet just over a month ago and found it confusing at first too. I think you have to experiment with the different plans until you find what suits you best. I tried FMRP but I found it too hard not having any normal food at all. I've finally settled on Kee Lite, which sounds similar to what you were doing to start with. Etiquette One includes 2 packs, a light meal and a full meal; Kee Lite is 3 packs and one meal of 200 calories. Whenever confused, go back to the website and look at the guidance - I haunted the guidance pages until I got it all into my head!

In spite of dithering about a bit between plans, and having one week without any loss, I still managed to lose 18lbs in my first four weeks on the plan, so it does work! In case it helps, here's a typical day's eating for me:

Breakfast: porridge, or a shake made up into a pudding or mousse (depending on time available)

Lunch: small green salad with 1tbspn low fat dressing, and a bar

Dinner: protein portion from permitted foods list with the rest of the daily salad/veg allowance, and some sugar-free jelly for dessert. (I've been known to eat a whole pint of jelly at a time - don't know if that's strictly part of the plan, but it hasn't done any harm!)

Supper: hot choc or a fruit drink

If I feel the need for a snack I would have half a stick of celery during the morning or afternoon, occasionally both. I realise that Kee advise you to eat all your normal food allowance at one sitting rather than over the course of the day, but I've found that this is what suits me best and I think a certain amount of adjustment to individual needs is reasonable. When I say that I may need a snack, I don't mean that I feel hungry - the hunger really does go away - but I sometimes feel a bit of non-hungry emptiness. It's hard to explain, but you will find out what your own reactions / feelings are and you can adjust accordingly.

I hope this has been of some help. Good luck, and let us all know how you get on.

Magpie
x
Magpie29
Magpie29

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2010-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Juliemarie Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:58 am

Hi again
I'm glad that helped!
If I were you I'd set yourself a target to stick to that completely for, say, a week ,then see how you feel and what the weight loss is like. You might be so pleased that you want to stick with it (and I promise the hunger will pass)
Then if it's hard to keep up, or you want to, you could think about replacing one pack with the meat or cottage cheese etc. Either every day (Etiquette 1) or just some days like I do (when I'm out or need some variety)
I'm not sure about the salad dressing, I tend to steer clear of it, but maybe check the label (for carbs) and email the advisors if you're not sure (they are really good at getting back to you).
Good luck for tomorrow!
Julie X (Off to have my hot chocolate yum yum I genuinely like it!)
Juliemarie
Juliemarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Mora Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:09 am

Julie, thank you so much! I mean it. You've clarified the plan for me.

So, to achieve Ketosis, I should alter my plan as-

Breakfast- porridge or yohurt pack
snack - half bar
lunch - salad NO MEAT from allowed list (does this include vinegairette dressing? I use about a table spoon og 1% fat)
snack - other half of bar
dinner - soup
supper - hot choc

How long would I do this before I could add the turkey back or the other things from the allowance like cottage cheese etc?

Thanks again, I appreciate the simple way you explained it and the advice. I shall up my water intake. Very Happy
Mora
Mora

Back to top Go down

Post by Juliemarie Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:50 am

Mora, forgot to say, with the soups and hot chocolate, I don't worry too much about the exact amount of water. I choose my favourite mug, make the pack up with a little cold water and mix well to a paste, then top up with water from the kettle. Some of the soups I then heat a bit more in the microwave (but don't boil) as otherwise they seem to have crunchy lumps in them.
With the hot chocolate I use up the rest of my milk allowance if I didn't use it all to make up my breakfast (I don't take any in tea, and it makes the porridge and hot chocolate taste better I think)
Enjoy!
Julie X
Juliemarie
Juliemarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Juliemarie Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:39 am

HI Mora
First of all, welcome and congratulations on making a life-changing decision! You won't regret it!

What you are doing basically sounds like the 'etiquette 1' plan to me ie 3 products (including one bar) and a protein meal with salad/veg. That's fine and should lead to a good weight loss I think.

However I think you should check the list of permitted foods on the website, blueberries and strawberries are high in sugar (carbs) and so not permitted (I know - not fair!), also tomatoes are not allowed (maybe high carbs or citric acid?) I'm not sure about spring onions you would have to check.

If you didn't want to have the meal you could have 4 products (including one bar) instead - maybe have a hot chocolate (my favourite) if you don't fancy more soup? (I'm not keen on the shakes either) It really doesn't matter, they all contain more or less the same (apart from the bars)

Keep the water intake as high as possible (I need close to 5 litres, at 2.5 I got dehydrated and had terrible headaches), coffee and tea are OK with skimmed milk from the 200ml allowance. The vitamins are good if you are using some WC products as they don't contain any. A few small nuts every couple of days are recommended to keep the gallbladder working well.

I have basically the same every day: porridge or berry yoghurt (worth a try) for breakfast, salad (from the list) and a bar at lunch (highlight of my day!), soup for dinner and hot chocolate for supper. Occasionally I have made the veg into a (fat free) stirfry, and now and then I replace one pack with a small protein portion (prawns, cottage cheese, meat or fish from the list) and eat it with the salad or veg (like you are) especially if I am going out. If I REALLY get the munchies then occasionally I've had a boiled egg, a couple of pieces of ham or a few prawns but thankfully that hasn't happened often.

Some people on this site are quite creative and cook up the soups into crisps etc but I don't have the patience to do that! Some cut up the bar into small bits like sweets to munch at during the evening.

Phew, hope that's not TMI/advice, but I remember being a bit confused at the beginning too so I thought this might help.

You will know you're in ketosis when your breath (unfortunately) starts to smell bad! - If you stick to the above then this should only be a couple of days I think. And I PROMISE you, you will barely feel hungry after that - it's amazing! And if you drink enough then the breath should soon settle down as well (thank goodness) but I invested in a breath freshener spray as well!

Let us know how you get on - and good luck!!

Julie X
Juliemarie
Juliemarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Mora Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:00 am

Just reading some forum posts and I don't think im in ketosis Shocked

Should I not have a dinner as above and instead have more soup? Should I cut the celery and starwberries as well? Eeek! scratch
Mora
Mora

Back to top Go down

Newbie Confusion Empty Newbie Confusion

Post by Mora Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:37 am

Hi all Very Happy

I started Kee officially on Saturday 6th and so far i'm doing just fine. However, I'm worried i'm not doing it right.

I have A LOT of weight to lose. I am probably 8+ stone overweight so I thought i'd try meal replacement.

I bought packs for variety and so I have Total Kee mixed with WC Kee. My daily diet is:

Breakfast- porridge (apple & cinn, maple or plain with 6 blueberries) with small mug of decaff green tea
snack - half a snack bar (maple almd, toffee or choc decadence)
Lunch - Soup with 2 small celery sticks (soup made with 170ml water only fills half a cup!)
snack - other half snack bar
Dinner - grilled, lean turkey slice with small salad (romaine lettuce, 3 cherry toms, 1inch cucumber, 1-2 sping onions & teaspoon vinagrette dressing)

I then have 2-3 frozen strawberries in the evening when I get hungry. I may also have a cup of coffee with splash of skimmed milk.
I drink 1.5-2litres of water extra and take a multi vitamin also. This is my first week so I was planning on adding almonds and brazil nuts as well as lean red meat and extra veg options next week.

I already know this is a low cal plan, but, is it enough to achieve a 1 stone per month weight loss?

I think I am misunderstanding how the plans work and I know I can't do 4 packs a day with nothing else because I loathe the shakes. I had 1 choc and it was lovely but the 2nd one had the worst aftertase and now I cant face them. So, I thought I was following the Kee Full Meal Replacement Programme but now im confused. confused

Is this acutually closer to Weight Control Full Meal Replacement and is the lean meat allowed or not?

Your advice would be very much appreciated! flower

(Packs I have:
CHoc Shakes
Mushroom Soup
Chicken Soup
Leek Soup
French Onion Soup
Hot Choc
Toffee Bar
Maple Almond Bar
CHocolate Dec Bar)
Mora