THE KEEDIET STORE ~ www.thekeediet.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Intro kb76slimmer
New to Kee plan but very hopefull EmptySat Jun 20, 2015 9:26 pm by Kb76slimmer

» NEW VLCD BARS AND PIZZA WAFERS
New to Kee plan but very hopefull EmptyThu Apr 02, 2015 7:57 pm by KeeSupport

» VLCD - BACK IN STOCK
New to Kee plan but very hopefull EmptyWed Mar 11, 2015 11:36 pm by KeeSupport

» KeeDiet Soup Price Reduction
New to Kee plan but very hopefull EmptyThu Feb 19, 2015 9:05 pm by KeeSupport

» Exante Diet Shake Review
New to Kee plan but very hopefull EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 1:36 am by KeeSupport

» Keediet newbie - day 3 on rapid- anyone else out there?? it seems quiet.
New to Kee plan but very hopefull EmptyMon Feb 02, 2015 7:47 pm by KeeSupport

» Slimmer Mikey's Blog(s) 2015
New to Kee plan but very hopefull EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 1:38 am by KeeSupport

» NEW READY DIET MEAL - ADD TO THE KEEDIET STORE
New to Kee plan but very hopefull EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 4:38 am by KeeSupport

» KEEDIET - VLCD SALE
New to Kee plan but very hopefull EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 4:34 am by KeeSupport

New to Kee plan but very hopefull

+5
Juliemarie
Magpie29
Vashti
katyjay
ElleCee123
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

New to Kee plan but very hopefull Empty Re: New to Kee plan but very hopefull

Post by Juliemarie Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:00 am

Yes stick in there Lorraine, any loss is progress and to give in now would waste all that hard work! The more we lose the less likely we all are to pile it back on again!
Julie X
Juliemarie
Juliemarie

Number of posts : 275
Registration date : 2010-01-13

Back to top Go down

Post by ElleCee123 Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:39 am

Thanks Julie,
Trouble is I only lost 1/2 lb this week, still it is off and not on, so I am not giving up yet.
Roll on Saturday for another weigh-in.
Lorraine
ElleCee123
ElleCee123

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2010-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Juliemarie Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:40 am

Hi Lorraine, 2lbs is good, I lost about that last week and although I felt a bit disappointed, I have to remember that this would have been a GREAT loss on any other plan.
So stick in there hon you're doing great!
Julie X
Juliemarie
Juliemarie

Back to top Go down

Post by katyjay Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:03 am

Yay good for you, no idea how i've done but weigh in is in the morning so i'll update tomorrow!

Katy x

katyjay

Number of posts : 175
Registration date : 2010-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post by ElleCee123 Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:54 pm

I must have done something right, I have lost another 2lbs !
OK, So it isn't a lot but it is something and I am very happy.
How has everyone else done?
Lorraine

Last edited by ElleCee123 on Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:46 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : spelling mistakes)
ElleCee123
ElleCee123

Back to top Go down

New to Kee plan but very hopefull Empty hi!!!!!!!!

Post by pathurry2000 Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:04 pm

yep i'm the same as you cat, was good until yesterday, andf then messed up big time!!i put it down to my first weekerd off in months, and i thought i deserved it, at the time of eating the chocolate, and kfc i didn;t care, but today like you i'm committed again, and hey! who am i hurting only myself Sad Idea anyway good luck and onwards and upwards AGAIN!! Laughing
pathurry2000
pathurry2000

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2010-02-01

Back to top Go down

Post by ElleCee123 Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:03 pm

Oh well,it was my own fault, and it could have been worse.
I put on 3 lbs.
Now I have to just get down and do it, no more messing around.
I feel like it has all gone on round my neck and it is uncomfortable.
Today is another day, and having given myself a good talking to last night I am geared up and ready to put in the effort that I did on the first week.
No more excuses, just down and dieting!
I have a lot of functions next week with work, including having toget tea and biscuits for around 20 on Monday and and supply a working lunch for 11 people on Wednesday Sad
Still, if I show them I am committed then I will feel much better.
Here's to a good week.
How did everyone else do?
Lorraine
ElleCee123
ElleCee123

Back to top Go down

New to Kee plan but very hopefull Empty We Teach you Well

Post by Admin Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:53 pm

Hi Cat, yes you are right. Unlike conventional diets a low carb, ketosis diet works it a completely different way and is not defined by calories alone. Hence the great weight losses that can be achieved.

Going low on carbs, sugars, promotes ketosis or mild ketosis which will protect lean muscle and tissue (something slim fast will defo not do) and will use your surplus fat store for it's energy.

Foods like carrots, tomatoes, onions, peas, sweetcorn, potatoes are all healthy foods to use once maintaining but will not help on our lower programmes as one bite too much can cause you to kick out of ketosis.

Ketosis is individually to each person, like a line in the sand and can also change, dependant on many things TOM, Stress, Fatigue etc. Therefore it is so much easier to read you plan, understand what is expected of you before you sign up. Always be realistic, there is no point struggling, we have several great plans, and now even easier to use since our last update, which lays out all your daily requirements and then optional items as well.

The permitted vegetables & Salads are laid out easily on their own page, (from kee guidance or home page) and those marked with * can be used in moderation or ** to be excluded from lower plans.

Deviating from your plan will only extend your journey and generally makes it so much harder and theres 80% chance you won't see it through. Read the plans and agree to abide by the rules of your chosen plan and you can't go wrong. For a guide to a general weight loss it takes approximately 3500kcal less than a person requires over a week to loss one pound of fat. Kee Plans are a low calories plan this helps, but choosing to go low carb / Ketosis route really helps push this figure up each week and makes weight loss quicker and easier the longer you follow.

We believe here thats why so many of us struggle when following a conventional eating plans of around 1200kcal - 1500kcal each day, this will be a deficit of approx 500-600kcal each day and over a week would provide a weight loss of around 1lb or possibly 2lb each week, and as long as you don't cheat. It is often considered too slow for those with a few stone to lose, how long can you be consistent for eg: approx 3 stone - 3 months with Kee or 3 stone . 11 months with conventional eating. Many of us have tried before, and possibly they worked for a time, or we caved to early on. There is so much weighing, counting, so many opportunities to over eat only to promise you will be good later. Your insulin levels rise and fall due to the treats or allowances, causing us to want to binge on higher carb / sugar products that we cant refuse. With Kee Plans this is not an option and cravings subside due to the rules. The rules are extremely strict, deviating will have an affect on your programme.

Be Realistic with your programme and time frame for the weight you want to shed. Write yourself a plan .... With 3 stone to lose - Consider 1 month FMRP (full on not cheating) - 1 month Kee Lite and then 1 month Etiq One - Then see where you are after 3 months using this plan it is so possible to lose 3 stone in 3 months..............if you follow the rules, no unpermitted foods, drinking all the water. If you need to lose a little extra make another plan for the next couple of weeks.

New to Kee plan but very hopefull Icon_flower Hope our little lecture may help !! New to Kee plan but very hopefull Sleep
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 905
Registration date : 2008-11-01

http://thekeediet.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Cat Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:39 am

Hi

Sounds like EQ1 to me...my favourite :-)

Weight loss is always good the first week, the second is usually about half of the first week and the 3rd for some reason, usually a lot less.

The trick is to stay motivated. If you are doing the plan either FMRP or EQ1 you must stick to it 100% and only have foods (protein, salad and veg) from the list. I dont really believe that you lose any less on EQ1 than FMRP but please, please stick to it - so no sneaky tomatoes, sweetcorn, alcohol etc etc etc.

When I did this the first time round I stuck to it to the letter for 6 weeks and lost my 3 + stone - not a drop of alcohol (my downfall) passed my lips nor tomato sauce to have with my beef mince ( another downfall) nor anything else of the list - I was a pain!!! but it worked. If you cheat - you drop out of ketosis, your body thinks "whats going on" gets confused and then refuses to play ball the next time you get strict with yourself - its just not worth it.

O.K lecture over - but I am reading about too many people on this plan who trip a bit and then wonder why they are not losing the vast amounts of weight they were hoping for.

Correct me if I am wrong Pixies please, but you really cant afford to cheat on this!!

Anyway, omwards and upwards - go for it you will do great and just think what you will achieve by the end of your 6 weeks :-)

Cat

Cat

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2009-06-13

Back to top Go down

Post by ElleCee123 Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:51 am

Hiya,
I went to see my GP, she has made me an appt with cardiologist so will just have to wait and see.
As for the diet, I think I have done my usual thing, go into it full tilt. so much so that I lose a lot in first week but I can't sustain it and then it all goes wrong. SO, big plan now is to have breakfast from the kee plan, my brother is making me a lunch of up to 200 cals and I will have a soup early evening from the kee plan and then have a small dinner of either another soup and some green veg from the list.
Does that sound ok?
ElleCee123
ElleCee123

Back to top Go down

Post by Vashti Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:10 am

Hi Lorraine,

Sorry to hear you have other concerns to worry you now. Will be thinking of you on Wed.
Hopefully one of the eq programmes will suit you better albeit slower, but you will be progressing in the right direction and easier to keep focused on while everything else trying to get in your way.
All the best, I love you
Vashti
Vashti

Number of posts : 221
Registration date : 2009-07-01

Back to top Go down

Post by katyjay Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:03 am

Good Luck Lorraine, you never know EQ1 might work just as well as the full meal replacement plan, especially if you can actually eat proper food, you'll be more in the mind set to stick to it, hope you have a better week hun

Katy x

katyjay

Back to top Go down

Post by ElleCee123 Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:39 am

Hi Vashti,
I hope I can keep up with you, I will do my best but this week has been pretty full on already and it is only Monday!
I just found out I also have a heart problem and am going to see the gp on weds about it.
I'll be doing the EQ1 diet for a few days as I am not really in the mood for going full out right now.
If I manage to stay the same I will be happy. So here goes nothing.
Good luck
Lorraine
ElleCee123
ElleCee123

Back to top Go down

Post by Vashti Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:30 am

Hi Lorraine,

Don't beat yourself up, we all have weak moments, I've had alot over the last few months. TOMORROW is the first day when I really am going to get stuck in, hernia review appt. mid April, as waitin list for op could be 18 weeks!

Get back on the rails in the morning with me, and we'll see what next saturday brings, WE CAN DO IT!!!!!!!

'Gone with the Wind' saying- 'Tomorrow is another day!' Very Happy
Vashti
Vashti

Back to top Go down

Post by Cat Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:25 am

Hi

Hope you read this tonight...

Lamb is O.K - on EQ1 - it wont take you out of ketosis the sticky toffee pudding that you might of had would have done though so well done on leaving it at the lamb shank :-) Its not Messing Up. I would even go so far as to say that you can still have the same amount of products today, even including the lamb, if you feel hungry later.

Most of us are on Kee because we need to change our habits:-) and it looks like you are doing great not having anything extra.

Keep going - you will be fine, honestly :-)

By the way- I love EQ1, I am roasting my veg and grilling my chicken as I type!!

Cat

Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by ElleCee123 Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:20 am

I so want this to work but I just messed up and had a lamb shank for dinner, didn't have anything else and I made myself promise it was a one off and back to the diet straight away by having a pint of water and nothing more till tomorrrow.
I feel guilty already!
Here is to mext Saturday and the weigh in that will prove I am not a failure.

Thanks for the words of help and support, I couldn't be doing it without you.
Thanks again
Lorraine
ElleCee123
ElleCee123

Back to top Go down

Post by Vashti Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:50 am

Hi Ellecee,

You're doing fine- losing just a pound some weeks happens to all of us, perfectly natural. It will most probably show up on next weeks scales, so please don't get disollusioned and cheat or worse-give up. Stay with it, and you will see, it will catch up, keep to the rules, and try and keep hopeful til next weigh day, I've had it happen to me and the LL counsellor was right, it will show up the next week! sunny
Vashti
Vashti

Back to top Go down

Post by jcdevon Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:02 am

Hi all. Another new starter - on Day 5 and darent weigh but feeling okay. I have succumbed to a couple of nibbles of cheese and definately am not drinking all the water but will get this on track over the next few days. Have previously done LL and Lipotrim (through chemist) successfully but have put most of the 6 stone I lost 2 years ago back on and feeling grim about it. Also tried W8 a few months ago but couldnt get going - although did fall in love with their meals (the Spag Bol is delicious) and have mixed a few of the ones i had left with Kee this week.
Stumbled across this on the website and decided this I could afford! I am missing the companionship from LL counsellor meetings and hope the forum will help - has inspired me reading everyone elses stories - thank you!

jcdevon

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2010-01-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Cat Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:30 pm

Hi there

I know that you wont want to hear it, but... a pound off is better than one or more on :-)

I think that you have been on the plan for two weeks and lost 9 pounds - that is great, it really is.

If you are still disappointed then have a think about whether anything that shouldn't have has slipped in. It happens sometimes, like too much citric acid.

But I think that you are doing great :-)

Cat

Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by ElleCee123 Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:12 pm

Oh wow, I lost a whole pound! Sad
ElleCee123
ElleCee123

Back to top Go down

New to Kee plan but very hopefull Empty Common Side Affects

Post by Admin Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:17 pm

Hi ElleCee123
Take a look at this link on our website, towards the bottom of the page which will hopefully give some guidance, drinking much water affects potassium and sodium levels in some clients.
http://www.thekeediet.co.uk/epages/vzwi4cnszntu.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/thekeediet.co.uk/Categories/Product__Plan_Guidance/Possible_Common_Side_Effects

Consider using the nut allowance, optional salad allowance, make sure drinking sufficient water. Although we do not generally advise salt is added to the products for most, some persons do need a little salt to help with the symptoms you are experiencing.

As Vashti mentioned a glass of Tonic water with Quinine can help as a night time drink if experiencing muscle cramps, one small 250ml glass shouldn't affect ketosis, and is worth it if stops you getting muscle cramp
flower
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vashti Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:21 am

Hi Lorraine,

When I am properly getting into it, my Quadriceps hurt with cramps, so cheat and have a couple of glasses of indian tonic over a couple of days to get the quinine Wink . Otherwise it's just a matter of riding out the storm, at least that's what I've found. Pixies??? Anything to add?
Vashti
Vashti

Back to top Go down

Post by ElleCee123 Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:27 am

I am not sure what is happening or whether it is to do with the diet or not but I am feeling very light headed and dizzy, my muscles hurt, even my arms hurt when I try to put on mascara.
The one thing I dont feel is hungry.
Any advice?
Lorraine
ElleCee123
ElleCee123

Back to top Go down

New to Kee plan but very hopefull Empty 3RD Week on a VLCD

Post by Admin Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:22 am

Hi all remember on your 3rd week on a vlcd weight loss can sometimes be lower than expected, boredom can set in and some users start to suffer with constipation.

Make sure you are drinking the required water, with consitpation you may need a little more, use a cure product and then if reoccurs you may need to add extra fibre, use the optional salad/veg or choose higher fibre products. Stay true to your plan and make sure the boredom passes, don't give into it, it does pass and is quite a normal feeling in week 3 - you feel desperate for a taste or feel of normal foods.

With the low weight loss, be determined not to allow a low weight loss for one week to pull you off your plan, the following week's weight loss should correct the lower weight loss and 1 stone each month on the FMRP plans should be your guide. Weekly weigh-ins are good but it is the month that provides the total picture.

Hope this has helped
Mike
flower
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by katyjay Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:47 am

Weigh in is in the morning! I somehow don't feel i've lost that much this week, not sure exactly why other than I havent been having enough water, need a kick up the bum to drink more but its hard whislt i'm away on my hols and out and about more. Will post tomorrow with my news!

I'm going week to week too, the thought of me not eating until about May depresses me too much!

Katy x

katyjay

Back to top Go down

Post by ElleCee123 Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:49 am

Thanks Katy,
I hope I can keep it up for another week.
I am not going to think any longer than that otherwise I would quit now!
How did you do?

Lorraine
ElleCee123
ElleCee123

Back to top Go down

Post by katyjay Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:28 am

Brilliant loss, well done!

Katy x

katyjay

Back to top Go down

Post by ElleCee123 Sun Feb 14, 2010 4:23 am

I did that already, I cant see anything else to tick.
Weird. Must be me.
ElleCee123
ElleCee123

Back to top Go down

New to Kee plan but very hopefull Empty Message for ElleCee123

Post by Admin Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:36 am

Hi, just took a look at your profile, after adding the ticker code to your signature box, you need to go to your permisssions and make sure the circle is dotted for add signature to all messages.

Hope this has helped.
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

New to Kee plan but very hopefull Empty Most Welcome

Post by Admin Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:31 am

Hi Pathurry2000

Glad to be of assistance, looks good there in all it's glory well done for the weight loss, get those bars of gold moving along the rope LOL.

Sam x
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

New to Kee plan but very hopefull Empty oooooooooooh!

Post by pathurry2000 Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:00 am

ooooh no i take that back Surprised it's there at the bottem of my messages, thanks pixes Very Happy xx
pathurry2000
pathurry2000

Back to top Go down

New to Kee plan but very hopefull Empty hi!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by pathurry2000 Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:58 am

hi everyone, i'm the same as you kel, having trouble with the ticker too, the pixes did it for me and said it would come up on my messages but it doesn't, its on my signature but no on the messages, have no idea whats the matter! xx
pathurry2000
pathurry2000

Back to top Go down

Post by ElleCee123 Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:42 am

Well,the big weigh in this morning and I have lost 8 lbs.
Is that good or bad for a first week?
Also, I have made a tracker for under my signature but it wont appear on this screen although it is there when I click on signature, any advice?

Lorraine
ElleCee123
ElleCee123

Back to top Go down

Post by ElleCee123 Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:44 am

Hiya,
Can't say this is going too well but I know I have lost some weight, so I cant be doing it all wrong.
I weigh myself in the morning so I am really looking forward to that.
Unfortunately I have to help my family cater for my brothers birthday party tomorrow, it really is not fair! All that food I have to resist even the smallest morsel.
Having said that, I am sure the loss will give me the resolve to keep going.
I had a bar for breakfast and 2 bananas while at work today. Felt very light headed but managed to get home ok.
I will post tomorrow after my weigh-in!
Lorraine
ElleCee123
ElleCee123

Back to top Go down

Post by Vashti Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:44 pm

Hi Julie,

Thanks, better start to today, bit warmer outside too, so that helps.
I've still got low calcium, so Dr checking Parathyroid now, so see if that comes up with anything.

Always had brittle nails etc, but thyroid notoriously difficult to pick up, friend eventually came up positive after about 10 yrs of repeat testing!!!!

Hope you do well next week, probably do you good too, not to be able to weigh yourself everyday, so morale boost again when you get back.

Lorraine-hows it going for you today, thinking of you, and our similar probs, as my back murder this am, heat and painkillers not effective today. So wander on and keep going with animals, not able to froust even if I wanted too, as always someone wanting feeding/cleaning!!!

Good luck everyone Very Happy
Vashti
Vashti

Back to top Go down

Post by Juliemarie Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:31 pm

I am really not fond of the porridge either - the first day was a real struggle - but it has got a bit more tolerable. I make it up with my milk allowance and alternate days with the berry yoghurt, which is much nicer. They don't do Total porridge, do they? (If they did it might be worth a try).
I'm also not keen at all on the shakes (which I make into mousse) - I've hardly eaten any but they do come in handy when I have a 'sweet' craving (although they are not really sweet, they just taste of chemicals to me!) I much prefer the hot chocolate drink so I tend to have that instead as my 'treat'. In fact I may well still buy that after I finish on the plan - it's far nicer than the ones I have had in the past!
Have just put my jeans on for the first time in a week (been at work) and I can almost say they are too big for me! It's nice when they feel a bit loose, but after a while it starts to look a bit unflattering if they are hanging off you don't you think? I don't want to buy more as I hope not to be this size for too long either, but I might have a ratch through my wardrobe and see if I kept any smaller ones (I have all sizes in there lol!)
I am going away to a friend's tomorrow for 5 days which could be hard. I've told her about the diet and she's very understanding, and not a big foodie anyway but I somehow feel more 'safe' and in control in my own home. Anyway I won't be able to weigh myself for a week so hopefully will get a nice surprise when I get back.
I'm sorry to hear some of you are struggling to get fully started, stick in there and it DOES get easier, I promise. Soon I will have lost 1 1/2 stone and I can honestly say, although it's a challenge, it's the best chance I am going to get to do this and is SOOOOoooo worthwhile!
Have a good weekend ladies.
Julie X bounce
Juliemarie
Juliemarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Vashti Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:26 am

Hi Pat and Lorraine,

Thinking of you both. The fact that cinnamon was in the porridge put me off, so never tried it, but some like it , bit like Marmite, love or loathe it I suppose. Rolling Eyes Have you asked Kee if they will exchange the unopened boxes for something else?

Had an up and down day today, and I've only had three packs today. I stick to the choc. crunch, toffee(finding this one alittle sweet now) Whichones have you found that have put you off, and which sachets did you choose? The amount of water can affect the flavour, so experiment with quantity, and I take time sipping my shakes, as they can be abit much if drunk too quickly. If I'm on the move, I put it in a bottle from a sports drink and take it with me and sip it over a few hours.

Hope you can find a solution, and get into an acceptable routine, as this die does really work, and we WILL feel so much better about ourselves once we've achieved our goals, and proved those Dr's wrong!!!! Smile
Vashti
Vashti

Back to top Go down

Post by pathurry2000 Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:26 am

hi ell, i'm the same as you i hated the porridge made me feel physically sick i couldn't eat it, its still in my cupboard i couldn't give it away lol, and also like you i'm craving for real food, so much so i caved in yesterday and went to town, but i can honestly say it wasn't worth it, i didn't enjoy any of it, i felt guilty with every mouthful, and coudn't wait for today to come so i could get back on kee again, i am determined to do it, i have been FAT for the last ten years and before that i used to take slimming tablets my weight was up and down like a yoyo and i'm sure all that impacted on my mental health, i suffer with depression now, but i'm on tablets and they work so hey thats good, but i know if i culd be slimmer and maintain the weight that would be good for my mental health and my confidence, so i'm determined to get there i'm 56 this year and feel every year of it, i cant bare feeling like this when i'm sixty plus, so come on get in the zone and we'll do this all of us together, because the girls and kee on here are wonderful really really supportive, much better that LL, so good luck and keep intouch Very Happy
pathurry2000
pathurry2000

Back to top Go down

Post by ElleCee123 Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:22 am

Hiya,
I just typed a reply and then it disappeared!
Trying again.

I decided after reading the replies yesterday, that I would stick to the diet rigidly. Well, that was the plan.
Today I made the porridge for breakfast, spent the next 45 mins trying to force it down my throat. It was dreadful, it was as much as I could do to keep it down. I decided at lunchtime that I could not face the soup so I had a bar, that wasn't too bad, but it took a long time to eat. I spent the rest of this afternoon feeling light headed and dizzy. I really can't face another pack today, I really can't.
Now I am not sure what to do, but my roasted veg have a real appeal, I suppose I want something that tastes like proper food. I can still smell the porridge even now. Sad
Is there a trick to making the porridge? Any way I can make it palatable? I have 3 boxes of the stuff!

Lorraine
ElleCee123
ElleCee123

Back to top Go down

Post by Vashti Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:12 pm

Hi Lorraine,

Ditto Julie's comment, thinking about you, how's it going, good, bad, report in here and get help, boost, support from friends on here, we do follow each others progress and are genuinely concerned that we all succeed. Sending you a big hug of hope and support! bounce
Vashti
Vashti

Back to top Go down

Post by Juliemarie Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:55 am

Lorraine, how are you doing today? Hope it's going OK.
Julie X
Juliemarie
Juliemarie

Back to top Go down

New to Kee plan but very hopefull Empty SPOT ON GIRLS

Post by Admin Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:18 am

Hi Ladies, just logged in before I finish tonight, always try to have a scout around.

Spot on - We have recently tried to update our programmes to make it much easier to understand, there has always been some confusion over the WC & Total products, so hopefully these new plans will help. Really the main difference is the protein to carb ration of the WC and that Total include vitamins. Taking a vitamin supplement corrects any difference and is also advised as you mention.

3 FMRP plans no. Kee FMRP (Mixture of products) / WC FMRP - All WC Products / Total FMRP - All Total Products. As ProtiKee is a european VLCD we have shown you how the plan is followed in the professional weight loss clinics and also how we prefer to follow in the UK.

If you ever have any questions, keep posting on the forum, as Vashti mentioned we often pop on or just PM us here for a quick answer.

Good Luck all with your journey - Remember when poised to nibble What ever it is Chocolate, Cheese, Cucumber, Bread - "it definately won't taste anything like the day you reach your Target will feel". drunken
flower
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Juliemarie Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:03 am

HI Lorraine

Welll done on making a good start! Smile I am no expert (ony been doing this for 3 weeks myself) but the leaflet says to totally avoid fruit as it is high in carbs (sugar) so will be burned up instead of fat (and take you out of ketosis). Also only to eat veg off the list (in the leaflet or on the website) about 50 cals a day (which I discovered is quite a lot!).
I agree you might not be getting enough calories and this may put your body into 'starvation mode' where it stops burning fat.
What I do is 1 pack for breakfast (porridge or berry yoghurt, made up with the skimmed milk allowance), salad plus a bar at lunch, soup at dinner and one more pack (either mousse - which I'm not really keen on but need to use up! - or hot chocolate - which I love). Also have 6 small nuts every 2-3 days, you need the fat to keep your gallbladder working and avoid gallstones developing (this is probably even more important since you, like me, have had problems with this already). Take a multivitamin (if you are on weight control products) and drink LOADS throughout the day...this should work!!
Let's see if the admin team agree with me (I hope so as I took this straight from them!!)
GOOD LUCK STICK IN THERE HON!!
Julie
Juliemarie
Juliemarie

Back to top Go down

Post by ElleCee123 Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:16 am

Oh, ok, I will do that, just seems that 4 packs a day as too much but I will have a go tomorrow.
I only had the one bar today with the banana and some veg and I am really stuffed. There is no way I could eat any more.
I will try my hardest tomorrow though Smile
Thanks for the advice.
Lorraine
ElleCee123
ElleCee123

Back to top Go down

Post by Vashti Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:03 am

Hi Lorraine,

I would say that you could be going too low on the cals/carbs etc's. To get properly into ketosis as we in our position need to, then I would say stick with the three sachets and a bar, then top up with water. The body is just a machine and to get it to operate re the ketosis, go with the rules. You can't put diesel in a petrol for instance. Once the system is up and running in efficient burning mode, everything will slot into place and get into rythmm.
The pixies check in and go through these forums so they'll come in with their comments I'm sure.

Hope this helps, O
Vashti
Vashti

Back to top Go down

Post by ElleCee123 Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:39 am

Hi,
Some advice please?
I started the diet on Saturday and had 4 packs, Sunday I had 2 packs, an apple, clementine and some roasted veg, I just wasn't hungry.
Monday I had 2 packs and roasted veg. Tuesday (today) I have only had 1 bar and a banana and really don't want anything more than my veg.
Is this enough or am I going too low on the calorie intake?

Thanks
Lorraine
ElleCee123
ElleCee123

Back to top Go down

Post by Vashti Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:53 am

Thanks magpie,

Struggled this afternoon as chills set in, but fighting to finish in the correct way, just had my bar, and going to sit on the woodburner to have my last shake of the day! (Not on it!-very close though!) Shocked
Vashti
Vashti

Back to top Go down

New to Kee plan but very hopefull Empty One day at a time

Post by Magpie29 Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:31 am

Hi Lorraine (& Vashti)

Just read your posts and wanted to add support. I hope you're feeling OK today and still full of determination. I also heard a lot of negativity about losing weight fast, but I've done a mountain of research, and I know it's not dangerous as many say it is. It DOESN'T ruin your metabolism, and there is absolutley NO REASON why you should put the weight back on in the long term. Losing weight will no doubt improve your general health no end, so stick with it. I'm on day 3 today; haven't got on the scale, but my work trousers are almost falling off! I'm lucky - blessed with very good physical health, but have suffered quite a lot of depression, which isn't helped by being fat or eating sugar and other junk.

Let's all persevere and take it a day at a time. As one of my favourite Buddhist quotes goes: "If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking".

Best of luck, I know you can do it.

Magpie
Magpie29
Magpie29

Number of posts : 31

Back to top Go down

Post by Vashti Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:26 pm

Hi Lorraine,

You should have 3 sachets and a bar a day. That is 500 calorie based. + the allocated water, which unfortunately due to prolapse also, i just can't manage that quantity, as would be permanently on loo. Feels like 9 months pregnant all the time, with hernia and the downstairs problems!

The diet is the best for us with a larger amount to lose asap! despite what the sceptics say, and many too willing to shout it down, but proof of the pudding as they say, it is VERY effective! and we are the ones in pain!!!!! My shin splints so painful, I cannot sleep unless I have pill for my restless legs, it is aimed at epileptics, but is effective for restless legs, makes me so drowsy, I fall asleep like lead and sleep through the pains! Staying in hospital will be like a nightmare as have to keep wandering inbetween sits, as legs hurt, bad in am especially, so have to get moving and walk through it! Sad
Like the back pain, had it since my early twenties, my job entailed alot of heavy awkward lifting, just take one day at a time, and get on with it, didn't even get a wage enabling me to save. Now 'homemaker', 3 kids, and no employer would want to take on a wreck! No grandparents left either, so who would look after kids in holiday, or when they are poorly, eldest of rising 14 got severe ADHD, so no-one wants to share that burden, why me??????

PM (private message) me if you like.

We will feel so much better in just a few months, then the surgeons can eat their words as many are desparaging, and especially the younger ones who are so arrogant, one in the hernia dept. last time I went, so HAVE to make him eat his words!
Steroids are no help as my mum had to have them for her Asthma, blew her up too and she ate like a flea!

Keep with it, hope your 2nd day going well, family having sunday lunch today, so will just pinch abit of beef while carving in preparation for tomorrows start. As it is so like the LL, the counsellor did tell me that if you did succumb to a cheat, then better to be pure protein, than anything else.

Also important is the ration of nuts/seeds allocated, 3 times a week to protect gall bladder, you don't want to excerbate yours. I have a tbsp of sunflower kernals as quite tasty, and you can nibble on and off and spin them out!

Thinking of you today, keep that focus! Very Happy
Vashti
Vashti

Back to top Go down

Post by ElleCee123 Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:07 pm

Hi Vashti,
Nice to hear from you, we have even more in common. I too have an umbelical hernia but the surgeon won't operate till I have lost 5 stone and I also have a large gall stone which needs removing. Ohh, what else do I have... pains in my right shin that I think is a ripped tendon, I suppose that carrying all this weight stops it from healing.which I have had since my first visit to hospital in August. I was quite healthy before then even if I was overweight.
I have lots of muscle pain, especially when I first get up, but I think that is down to the cpap machine that I have to wear to combat the OSA and make sure I keep breathing during the night.
I have no idea how I got into all this mess, it all started when I was taken into hospital with a chast infection. I gave up smoking then and have had most of these health problems since then. I think the main culprit is the massive loads of steriods they put me on. They alone have contributed to about 3 stone of extra weight.

First day of diet was quite easy, I had a porridge, 2 soups and a desert type thing. I also had 1 clementine and an apple and a cup of hot milk at bedtime. Does that sound ok? I don't really know what sort of diet it is I am using, I just brought loads of packs of different things. I totalled 665 calories. I didn't feel at all hungry.
Lorraine
ElleCee123
ElleCee123

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next