THE KEEDIET STORE ~ www.thekeediet.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Intro kb76slimmer
New to Kee plan but very hopefull - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 20, 2015 9:26 pm by Kb76slimmer

» NEW VLCD BARS AND PIZZA WAFERS
New to Kee plan but very hopefull - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 02, 2015 7:57 pm by KeeSupport

» VLCD - BACK IN STOCK
New to Kee plan but very hopefull - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 11, 2015 11:36 pm by KeeSupport

» KeeDiet Soup Price Reduction
New to Kee plan but very hopefull - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 19, 2015 9:05 pm by KeeSupport

» Exante Diet Shake Review
New to Kee plan but very hopefull - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 1:36 am by KeeSupport

» Keediet newbie - day 3 on rapid- anyone else out there?? it seems quiet.
New to Kee plan but very hopefull - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 02, 2015 7:47 pm by KeeSupport

» Slimmer Mikey's Blog(s) 2015
New to Kee plan but very hopefull - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 1:38 am by KeeSupport

» NEW READY DIET MEAL - ADD TO THE KEEDIET STORE
New to Kee plan but very hopefull - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 4:38 am by KeeSupport

» KEEDIET - VLCD SALE
New to Kee plan but very hopefull - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 4:34 am by KeeSupport

New to Kee plan but very hopefull

+5
Juliemarie
Magpie29
Vashti
katyjay
ElleCee123
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

New to Kee plan but very hopefull - Page 2 Empty Re: New to Kee plan but very hopefull

Post by ElleCee123 Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:07 pm

Hi Vashti,
Nice to hear from you, we have even more in common. I too have an umbelical hernia but the surgeon won't operate till I have lost 5 stone and I also have a large gall stone which needs removing. Ohh, what else do I have... pains in my right shin that I think is a ripped tendon, I suppose that carrying all this weight stops it from healing.which I have had since my first visit to hospital in August. I was quite healthy before then even if I was overweight.
I have lots of muscle pain, especially when I first get up, but I think that is down to the cpap machine that I have to wear to combat the OSA and make sure I keep breathing during the night.
I have no idea how I got into all this mess, it all started when I was taken into hospital with a chast infection. I gave up smoking then and have had most of these health problems since then. I think the main culprit is the massive loads of steriods they put me on. They alone have contributed to about 3 stone of extra weight.

First day of diet was quite easy, I had a porridge, 2 soups and a desert type thing. I also had 1 clementine and an apple and a cup of hot milk at bedtime. Does that sound ok? I don't really know what sort of diet it is I am using, I just brought loads of packs of different things. I totalled 665 calories. I didn't feel at all hungry.
Lorraine

ElleCee123

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2010-01-02

Back to top Go down

New to Kee plan but very hopefull - Page 2 Empty Re: New to Kee plan but very hopefull

Post by Vashti Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:29 am

Hi Lorraine,

Yes you CAN do it. I lost 3 stone on LL, but when funds ran out at the 3 months, I had to stop and it gradually crept back plus some. I was browsing ebay and vered onto diet stuff, wow, found Kee, half the price, this is something I know I can keep up. Lost the three stone on this too, but vered off as so cold after Xmas, going to restart Monday as fallen down again this week. One full week before half term and kids hassling me again.

Know what you mean, backs are a real pain, mine has now been diagnosed with MRI. Was just mild Scoliosis 20yrs ago, but now worsened,and has label of Paraesthesiascoliosisthesis!!!!!! Sciatica, pain in spine and dead foot, now found out that pains in my shins called shin splints, usually sports related, mostly runners on hard ground!!!! So the sooner I get weight off the better. Also waiting for Umbilical hernia repair, which as long as they agree to put large panel of mesh to repair striated muscles from three giant babies, then this will help support and bring my spine more into line. I have the back surgeons support on this, so once thin enough, let battle commence, then I will let them book me in!!!! Otherwise deals off!

Chicken and egg situation means one set of muscles can't be exercised because of pain from the alternate set.

This diet is fabulous, it's getting through the first week is the hardest, and harder if you come off, so stick with it, and stay focused once you're on a roll!!!!! Before long you can forget the bariatric surgery, crossed my mind, but I know I can control it and your stomach shrinks over the weeks. This diet then slowly retrains you back into eating, with the etiquette 1, 2 etc., and best of all is ths forum which is here 24/7, with people all in the same boat, some with less to lose, others with longer journeys such as ours, and surgery pending or at the end of it. Have a low moment, come right on here and have a read, post if you want someone, and there could even be someone reading who you can almost have a direct conversation with!! Very Happy

Keep focused on your 1st weigh in, will really spur you on, I'll be right behind you, possibly tomorrow if I can feel warmer, cold damp fog postponed todays potential. The first three days are the toughest, get through those and you're getting there! Very Happy
Vashti
Vashti

Number of posts : 221
Registration date : 2009-07-01

Back to top Go down

Post by ElleCee123 Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:08 am

Hi Katy,
Thanks for the support, it means a lot when you approach something new.
How much have you lost so far? What have you found helps the most?
Any tips are much appreciated.

On a slightly different note, a couple of people have said to me that losing weight quickly only means that you put it back on quicker. Well I for one think thats complete rubbish. I have tried many diets and however slowly I lose it, it always goes back on and more. It can only be about what you eat when you come off the diet that makes a difference.
With my steriods I managed to put on a stone in 2 weeks and that had nothing to do with food.
Heyho.
Lorraine
ElleCee123
ElleCee123

Back to top Go down

Post by katyjay Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:31 am

Hi Lorraine

Wow you have been through a lot hun, you sound so strong and positive and we all need a kick up the arse sometimes to really want to lose weight. Hopefully the thought of surgery and feeling so much better by doing it all yourself will be the motivation you need

My such moment was when I had gestational diabetes for the second time last year and after i'd given birth they said it might stay as type 2 diabetes and want to send me for more tests. NO WAY am I being labelled with something like that, i'm losing all this weight and hen they can test me!!

Don't overdo it on the exercise at first, I went out for an hours walk and ended up feeling quite feint the other day, allow your body to adjust.

I wish you loads of luck, everything seems a bit overwhelming at first but i'm on week 4 and its all routine now

Look forward to seeing how you progress

Katy x

katyjay

Number of posts : 175
Registration date : 2010-01-12

Back to top Go down

New to Kee plan but very hopefull - Page 2 Empty New to Kee plan but very hopefull

Post by ElleCee123 Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:47 am

Hi,
This is my first day. I am a 55 year old Estate Manager and Wife, Mum and Nanny.
I weighed in at 18st 2lbs this morning Sad I am only 5ft tall.
I have had many health problems in the last 6 months and didnt want to start the diet untill I was off steriods, but if I get any fatter I will just burst, so decided that today was the day!.
I have spinal stenosis so can't stand for more than a couple of minutes at a time. I had pheumonia in August and now I have asthma, that stops me doing a lot of things and I have just been diagnosed with OSA so all in all I am a wreck.
However, all is not lost, I WILL SUCCEED! I gave up smoking in August, so I do have will power, and I CAN do this.
My GP just told me that I have been accepted for bariatric surgery but that is really scarey. This is my last change to prove to myself that I can do it on my own.
I haven't felt hungry tpday so that is a great positive and have ordered myself the wii cybercycle so that I can at least exercise sitting down.
I can't wait for next weekend to weigh myself again.
Lorraine
ElleCee123
ElleCee123

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2