THE KEEDIET STORE ~ www.thekeediet.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Intro kb76slimmer
40 DAYS OF LENT - 22.2.2012 - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 20, 2015 9:26 pm by Kb76slimmer

» NEW VLCD BARS AND PIZZA WAFERS
40 DAYS OF LENT - 22.2.2012 - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 02, 2015 7:57 pm by KeeSupport

» VLCD - BACK IN STOCK
40 DAYS OF LENT - 22.2.2012 - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 11, 2015 11:36 pm by KeeSupport

» KeeDiet Soup Price Reduction
40 DAYS OF LENT - 22.2.2012 - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 19, 2015 9:05 pm by KeeSupport

» Exante Diet Shake Review
40 DAYS OF LENT - 22.2.2012 - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 1:36 am by KeeSupport

» Keediet newbie - day 3 on rapid- anyone else out there?? it seems quiet.
40 DAYS OF LENT - 22.2.2012 - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 02, 2015 7:47 pm by KeeSupport

» Slimmer Mikey's Blog(s) 2015
40 DAYS OF LENT - 22.2.2012 - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 1:38 am by KeeSupport

» NEW READY DIET MEAL - ADD TO THE KEEDIET STORE
40 DAYS OF LENT - 22.2.2012 - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 4:38 am by KeeSupport

» KEEDIET - VLCD SALE
40 DAYS OF LENT - 22.2.2012 - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 4:34 am by KeeSupport

40 DAYS OF LENT - 22.2.2012

+4
Steph
kelly0803
wannabehealthy
Admin
8 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

40 DAYS OF LENT - 22.2.2012 - Page 2 Empty Re: 40 DAYS OF LENT - 22.2.2012

Post by Admin Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:31 am

LENT DAY 22 Motivational Quote...."Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out." (Robert Collier)

Press the Flower to Start a Great Diet Day
flower

NEED MOTIVATING
DIET FOR LENT 40 DAYS & 40 NIGHTS

Join anytime in the 40 Days & 40 Nights, just jump aboard

Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 905
Registration date : 2008-11-01

http://thekeediet.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by kelly0803 Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:42 pm

Some great words Kayleigh. Remeber you said them, so believe in them!!!

You made me laugh... I am in the zone..... Feel like i am in the twilight zone!!! lol.

Have a fantastic Sunday and lets do the scouts honour. "Be prepared" for our next week ahead.

Kelly x Smile

kelly0803
kelly0803

Number of posts : 182
Registration date : 2012-01-17

Back to top Go down

Post by kayleigh Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:35 pm

Thats absolutely fantastic Kelly - 3lb! Your 'great' continuous losses are what inspire me by illustrating that the weight can be lost and mind-sets can change!

You will acheive your goal so easily Kelly because you are in the zone!! lol.

Thanks for your well wishes, i am feeling better each day, apart from some unexplained lady issues for which i need to see someone soon. (i have a long history of dodgy lady issues, so this is nothing new to me). I will be fine ( i hope). Getting in to see my doctor is a feat in itself!!

I need to remeber that whatever my health issues, they can only be improved by losing weight, and so to keep focused on my weight loss journey is to win.

Thanks again.... ooooh, feel really excited this morning Very Happy Laughing

xxxx
kayleigh
kayleigh

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2012-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by kelly0803 Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:13 am

Hi Kayleigh,

Hope all is good and so glad you are feeling more positive, just hope you start to feel a bit better too.

I did post on Wednesday morning that I had lost 3lbs, but there are so many posts I have not got a clue where i posted it. lol. great that lots of ladies on here supporting each other.

Yes that took me to 27 lbs loss, shame it was not my 2 stone but that is now my next goal. It takes me nearly half way, but saying that Not sure what another 2 stone would do, it may be too much so we will see how we go as it would take me down to a BMI of 23 something. So that is my maximum loss.

Sending big hugs and hoping you are feeling much better.

Kelly x Smile

kelly0803
kelly0803

Back to top Go down

Post by kayleigh Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:28 am

Oh, haha. Just seen your comment on TOM and wanting to kill people! - Isnt that just life????? hahaha. Love it - lets kill the bulge instead hey! xxx
kayleigh
kayleigh

Back to top Go down

Post by kayleigh Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:26 am

Hi ladies, yes its a Skeggy Sue - the one and only! I am not a wine drinker. I don't drink much and will try to stick to something less calorific.... lol.

I just couldnt force the bars down on those days. Felt constantly quite full. But yes, i agree its most definately best to take all the food packs - thank you Sue.

The advice on keeping my goals realistic is so true, so simple and yet i didn't do that when i started. I will definately do that now. Great advice, and much appreciated! xxxx
kayleigh
kayleigh

Back to top Go down

Post by Imp Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:49 am

Thankfully my TOMs are a thing of vague and distant memory but boy I STILL feel like killing people at certain times Wink

Am sure you can do it Kelly - You got 3 months yet and every day you manage your weight is a step towards your goal!

Imp

Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2012-02-23

http://www.fairmilecattery.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by sue wilkes Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:30 am

Hi kayleigh, I noticed that on one of your posts you mentioned that you had missed off your bar a couple
of times. I think you should have all 4 packs every day to ensure that you are getting all the vitamins and
minerals so your body keeps functioning as it should. I hope you are having a better day, i find weekends
tougher as i am out of routine.

With reference to your hol at Butlins, is it at Skegness by any chance as i live about 5 mins from there.
I think the food is buffet so you will have to choose wisely, the drink might be more of a problem though
if your a wine drinker like me.

Keep up the good work and keep your goals in sight, set yourself a realistic target to obatain by your hols
and anything extra will be a bonus for you.

Love Sue x
sue wilkes
sue wilkes

Number of posts : 162
Registration date : 2009-11-18

Back to top Go down

40 DAYS OF LENT - 22.2.2012 - Page 2 Empty Kelly and Admin

Post by kayleigh Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:40 am

I appreciate that everyone takes time out of their lives to respond to those who need support on here - in particular, me. What a Face

I am so thrilled that you confirmed my suspicions regarding TOM. This makes me feel much better, also i had a temp and headache for 3 solid days until yesterday, not feeling too good so now i understand why i was so stupidly hungry - feel more positive about things. - Thanks.

I will check out the soical plan and see what i must do. I feel much more positive now i know what i can do if i am craving those little naughty extras!!

****LIGHT AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL****

Kelly, how was your weigh-in this week? I have looked out for you on here.

I am hoping to be back in ketosis asap now. I have a weekend away on 25th of this month, all inclusive food, was booked last year - i feel really gutted actually that its booked as i will probably have just settled back into ketosis when i break it again. Any advice here would be greatly appreciated. Its a 70's weekend at Butlins, so there will be food and drink. I dont go out usually, so normally this isnt an issue.

I dream of losing my weight in time for my holiday in June, i hope i can do it! xxxx
kayleigh
kayleigh

Back to top Go down

40 DAYS OF LENT - 22.2.2012 - Page 2 Empty VLCD & TOM

Post by Admin Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:22 am

Hi Kayleigh, yes ketosis can be affected by TOM and also if you are unwell, you find this more if your have just entered Ketosis and it has not been allowed to settle. You can also find that following a VLCD will muck around with your cycle so a warning to every slim - be careful....

Generally once you have been in ketosis for over two weeks, you shouldnt find that TOM affects it as such, but you may notice that you crave more foods and as mentioned above your cycle changes. Also we are used to feeding ourselves when feeling tired or a little under the weather so again this is a habit that we have got into and it is a hard one to break.

Hopefully you can roast some vegetables in your favourite oil or doing something special with our mealpacks, take an extra HP Dessert as a treat. Even move up to the Social Plan for the week if you feel you are going to cave into naughty but nice food. Weight loss is all about being in control and having a few extra calories from healthy low gi/gl foods throughout a difficult time is very sensible.

flower
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kelly0803 Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:07 am

Hi Kayleigh,

I hope all is ok. Dont beat your self up. Sometimes these things happen, I think if you beat yourself up you get into a negative mode. It is done and now you are being positive by getting back on track and moving onwards.

Everyone can have down days but deep down just hink how far you have come and why you are doing it. Lent quote is certainly right we can all grasp something now but try look at the bigger picture and what you want most overall.

Wishing you a good weekend Smile

Kelly x Smile
kelly0803
kelly0803

Back to top Go down

40 DAYS OF LENT - 22.2.2012 - Page 2 Empty Thanks Admin

Post by kayleigh Sun Mar 11, 2012 3:51 am

Hi Admin, thanks for the advice and information. I will be back on track soon. I am rather ashamed at giving in yesterday to the cheese and bread. I appologise for the very personal question but can i ask if ketosis is effected by a womans monthly cycle? I only ask because before yesterday i had started a fresh, only kee products, 3 sachets and 1 bar. Two days i even missed out the bar. Plenty of water. so found it very bizzare that i was so hungry. The only thing i could put it down to was my cycle.

Anyhoo, doing much better today. No cravings or hunger pangs. Smile

Thanks,

Kayleigh
kayleigh
kayleigh

Back to top Go down

40 DAYS OF LENT - 22.2.2012 - Page 2 Empty LENT DAY 23

Post by Admin Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:15 am

LENT DAY 23 Motivational Quote...."Don't exchange what you want the most for what you want right now!"

Wow this one has VLCD dieting all over it, how many times are we tempted by what we want right then and there, and what we want most seems miles away and not so important. TIP... Write on the back of a business card something that will keep you focused on your target, can be anything to do with the reason you are losing weight ie I want to play with my grandchildren, I want to look great at my brothers wedding, I am Fat Burning right now.

flower

NEED MOTIVATING

Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

40 DAYS OF LENT - 22.2.2012 - Page 2 Empty Hi Kayliegh

Post by Admin Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:28 pm

Ouch it does sound like you are struggling and doing so well to carry one. It sounds from you post that you have kicked yourself out of ketosis, with the cheese and bread. Bread has approximately 30g of carbs per slice, sometimes a little lower but on this type of diet is a definate no no which you most probably already know. On a Ketosis VLCD you should not experience physical hunger unless you are leaving a big gap between products, over exercising and running out of energy to fast or are adding something extra to your plan which takes you over your personal ketosis threshold, or not drinking sufficinet water. This can be carbs / sugar / citric acid and even too much protein. This is a surprise to many with the protein, as the body can not store protein if you eat too much it will convert to an energy byproduct which can affect ketosis in the long run.

It your first week you body starts to change its source of fuel/energy from food & glycogen to stored body fat and breaks down the fat to release energy, the byproduct of this is ketones and hence why the first few days can be particuarly hard. In the second week the body is in ketosis and will start to burn sufficient energy for your requirements and starts to stabalise. If your body receives fuel/energy any time through a Ketosis VCLD plan the cycle is interrupted and halted as your body prefers instant energy from food as it doesnt have to work so hard to break down your bodys fat.

If this happens you then need approx another 72 hours of 100% dieting to again reap the rewards of ketosis, it is slightly easier because you arent overloaded with carbs and sugar (glycogen) but still difficult enough and your hunger is affected. It is not recommended that you go in and out of ketosis for good health. The body is working extremely hard to get you into ketosis and once in ketosis you should try very hard to stay there for the majority of your weight loss.

A VLCD shouldnt really be followed for less than 4 weeks and a maximum of 12 weeks. At 12 Weeks you should take a week off and include a food meal. Simply follow our Social Plan,then after a week if you wish and need to return and you BMI is still above 25 with more than a stone to lose you revert back to the Rapid Burn Plan. If the opposite simply remain on the Social Plan and start planning your weight management chapter back to conventional eating.

All the best - Keep going now, get back in Ketosis and keep focused on your target
flower
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kayleigh Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:04 am

thats really good news Sue, thanks.

I will try that tomorrow. I have to admit it, i have cheated! I had a slice of seed sensations bread with 3 slices of mature cheddar. i feel really guilty now and it just was not worth it. I hope the after effects wont be too damaging..... Had to be honest. I cant lie!!! lol.

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Tomorrow i will have an extra shake.

thanks for taking the time to reply and support me xx

kayleigh
kayleigh

Back to top Go down

Post by sue wilkes Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:17 am

Hi Kayleigh, If you feel that you need extra to eat try having one or two extra food packs. I know that admin have
said that this is ok if you are particularly tall or if you feel you need something more. I read somewhere that it is
ok to have extra packs but no more than one bar a day. I have a cottage pie and a spag bog every day as i feel that
they are more filling than the shakes.

Hope this helps, i know how difficult it can be when the hunger pangs kick in.

Love Sue x
sue wilkes
sue wilkes

Back to top Go down

Post by kayleigh Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:13 am

Thanks for your words of support Sue, however, i have drunk plenty of water, much more than the reccommended amount! I'm going through a pint every 45 mins easy!! lol. trying to fight off the pangs to no avail. I feel really quite low about how hungry i am. I am getting stomach ache from being so hungry! how odd that i am struggling after getting past this once already; for instance i woke up famished this morning, whereas i hav had to tell myseklf to eat up until yesterday! I will be a good girl n stick to the plan. I just keep telling myself i dont want to be fat anymore. Arrrggggggghhhh!!!! lol

kayleigh
kayleigh

Back to top Go down

Post by sue wilkes Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:46 am

Hi Kayleigh,

When you feel the hunger pangs try to drink a glass of water even if you dont want to, it really
does help. If im honest i struggle with the water but i keep my glass full and have a drink of it every few
mins. Also i dont like it too cold so i top it up with hot out of the kettle and it makes it much easier to
get down. Sometimes thirst is mistaken for hunger, give it a go.

Your weight loss will make it all worthwhile, have a great weekend Very Happy

Love Sue x
sue wilkes
sue wilkes

Back to top Go down

Post by kayleigh Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:32 am

Good afternoon all,

Hope you are all very well and losing the pounds! How did the weigh ins go for people?

I have been finding the last two days really hard, as in i am feeling really hungry very often. Whereas i found the hunger had dissapeared up until that point. I am half way through my cycle, and usually find i crave food terribly at this point pale

But i am plodding on. My friend came to visit yesterday and said she could tell i had dropped a bit of weight. Thats always good to hear. My partner says he can tell around my mid section too. I am not expecting miracles this early on.

cat
kayleigh
kayleigh

Back to top Go down

Post by kelly0803 Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:04 pm

Day 24! wow where have the days gone.

Thanks for the motivational quotes every day, they give you something to think about.

Kelly x Smile
kelly0803
kelly0803

Back to top Go down

40 DAYS OF LENT - 22.2.2012 - Page 2 Empty LENT DAY 24

Post by Admin Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:08 pm

LENT DAY 24 Motivational Quote "Whatever the mind can conceive and believe, the mind can achieve." (N. Hill)

flower

NEED MOTIVATING

Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

40 DAYS OF LENT - 22.2.2012 - Page 2 Empty Hi Imp

Post by Admin Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:06 am

Good luck for tomorrow's weigh day - keep us posted. xx

flower
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kayleigh Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:40 am

oooh, exciting!! would love to hear about your progress x
kayleigh
kayleigh

Back to top Go down

Post by Imp Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:29 am

Tomorrow is my first proper weigh - I started on 1st March so watch this space - well one very like it anyway.

Imp

Back to top Go down

Post by kayleigh Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:47 pm

ah thanks very much. What was your loss in the first week? And, yes, i have just nabbed 3 more customers - i should be a sales rep! One has just placed her order!! xx

Razz cheers
kayleigh
kayleigh

Back to top Go down

Post by Imp Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:20 pm

Great Kayleigh! The good thing about the vlcd's is that you do get 100% nutrition - something most people don't - and it does show!

Good luck for tomorrow but with your news today you wont need it Smile

Imp

Back to top Go down

Post by kayleigh Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:44 pm

wow - your very knowledgeable imp. thats brilliant news. I haven just contacted them (simplysupplements) and they assured me that the A-Z multivitamins are time-release. So either way i know i am getting what i need. I suppose the fact that i am currently not taken any vitamins (other than those contained within the products) and will be starting on some soon is a bonus and will benefit my body.

Kelly, i weighed in this morning (couldnt resist as my weigh in time isnt until this evening) but i was 13.2 so i am thrilled - gives me 6.5lb loss if i include tyhe 1.5 i gained several days ago.

I hope you have another great loss to tell me about xx
kayleigh
kayleigh

Back to top Go down

Post by Imp Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:14 pm

The theory of time release is ok - same as time release pain killers and other drugs - but there is a LOT of debate in medical circles as to whether they are particularly effective for vitamins. Most seem to come down on the side of if you take one daily it doesnt matter much anyway.

Imp

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:10 pm

LENT DAY 26 Motivational Quote "Accomplishment of small things leads to mighty things..." (C. Hardy)

flower

NEED MOTIVATING

Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

40 DAYS OF LENT - 22.2.2012 - Page 2 Empty Vitamins & Minerals

Post by Admin Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:07 pm

Hi KeeBees, make sure the vitamins and minerals you choose are time release supplement. Otherwise you body will only take what they need for that moment and excrete any surplus.

With time release you will be drip fed nutrition throughout the day.

Hope helped
flower
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kayleigh Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:05 am

Great, have purchased those. Thanks. I knew they were multi vitamins, but i keep seeing that i need 'slow release' and wondered if you had all perhaps discussed a particular brand that was favoured by the majority.

Have saved the site in my favourites, cheers for your help xx Wink
kayleigh
kayleigh

Back to top Go down

Post by Imp Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:55 am

Errrrr - multivitamins ...

Try this - £15 for nearly a years supply - cant be bad!

http://www.simplysupplements.net/category/71/vitamins-minerals/

Imp

Back to top Go down

Post by kayleigh Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:45 am

haha - brilliant! What are they called? xx
kayleigh
kayleigh

Back to top Go down

Post by Imp Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:42 am

You can get multivitamins online - Simply Supplements is good and VERY much cheaper than the local chemist. Smile (and no i dont work for them but do get all my hay fever stuff from them at a fraction of the cost on the high st lol)

Imp

Back to top Go down

Post by kayleigh Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:35 am

Hi admin, i have PM'd u!! lol. I just wondered where i get the vitamins from, what are they called (brand etc)?

I am totally new to this kind of diet. Will they help me to keep my eergy up? The last two days have been tough - i feel rather tired!

Thanks for your support and avdice. Oh, and yes, these two (Sue and Kelly) have been fantastic to me - really looked after me, encouraged me to stick with it, and given me tons of invaluable advice! Forever in their debt.

What a smashing site - why oh why didnt i start earlier?! Mad

Going to log my progress on Facebook - i just know my friends will be welljel! haha Razz

Thanks again
x
kayleigh
kayleigh

Back to top Go down

40 DAYS OF LENT - 22.2.2012 - Page 2 Empty VLCD KEE LENT DAY 27

Post by Admin Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:50 am

LENT DAY 27 Motivational Quote "Whatever you want to do, do it now. There are only so many tomorrows." (M. Landon)

flower

NEED MOTIVATING

Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

40 DAYS OF LENT - 22.2.2012 - Page 2 Empty Hi

Post by Admin Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:49 am

Hi Kayleigh and all, sorry we're late on today - misunderstanding who was in charge of the forum today. I don't know, it was only on closing up for the evening that it was noticed.... Embarassed

Seems like you have been well looked after in our absence and with some great advice. You should have had a weight loss in the first week if you consider how low your calorie intake has gone. The problem with going so low on calories is that if you dont have sufficient of all the necessary proteins, carbs, calcium etc etc your body can go into a starvation mode and will not want to relinquish anything. This can also be caused by going low on calories and in and out of ketosis.

Ketosis is a natural fat burning process that the body adopts when us humans do not eat sufficient foods with an energy value to provide the body with its requirements. If this is done continuously for 72 hours the body will start to use the stored fat for its energy. The first 3 days can be quite difficult with a detoxing feeling, headaches and extreme tiredness, all quite natural so you have to be careful.

You will most probably have noticed a difference in inches but no on the scales, but should have a bumper week next week, so definately keep going. If you wish send us a PM of your daily routine, along with all your personal details and we can check everything over.

Reference the green and orange, Orange is for Total Products, Green is for High Protein, as long as you include your daily time release vitamin supplement on you plan you can use all our products, it is down to your tastes. Rapid Burn should include for most 3 mealpacks which includes shakes, soups, desserts, porridge and hot meals + 1 bar / wafer + supplement + water + 200ml skimmed / soya milk + a selection of permitted vegetable / salad.

Get yourself into a routine, with both the products and water for one week, following exactly as shown on the webstore and you will have a weight loss. You can check you are in Ketosis with the Ketur sticks, or after a while you will notice that your mouth is dry, possibly a little bad breath in the earlier days ( a sign that more water is required) cravings start to diminish and hunger is satisfied.

With the tea/coffee situation, it is to be limited, both act as direutics and therefore for every hot coffee/tea you should drink a further glass of water to compensate, also if continuously drinking them you will struggle to drink plain water and are undoing some of the good as you will pass water more often before the good water has had a chance to work its wonders. You can use the milk on the plan to flavour and also tablet sweeteners.

flower
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kayleigh Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:34 pm

yes, i have made gammon egg and chips for the kids and my partner - yet, i managed to dish it up without even being tempted to pinch a chip! WOW - never thought i'd say that!!! wooohooooo - breakthrough for me!

Not sure about kee, but i know black coffe, no sugar is good for diets. Remember reading lots about how drinking that is fine - can you recall hearing about the cigs and coffee diet employed by models! I just suppose the caffeine is a double edged blade - as in, water is always best and it is hgealthier to limit caffeine intake! But hey, you only live once, its not as if your plughing through a double mocca chocca latte with whipped cream and a flake!!

I love a cuppa, but with milk and a level spoon of sugar. I havent had one today and i am finding that harder than dieting so far.

xx
kayleigh
kayleigh

Back to top Go down

Post by kelly0803 Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:23 pm

Yes, I am rarely hungry, and not tempted when cooking the family tea or while they sit there with their takeaways. I drink like a fish so always got a glass, bottle or cup with me so I suppose that helps. Also I have no trouble in keeping myself busy so that keeps me out of the kitchen. lol.

I think I drink to much black coffee. I try not too but if that is my downfall I am sure I will be ok.

Yes I do think it is exciting, great just seeing and feeling the change and also sharing it with everyone and hearing about everyones journeys.

Kelly x:)

kelly0803
kelly0803

Back to top Go down

Post by kayleigh Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:15 pm

Haha. not sure about being observant... i only noticed because some boxes were orange lol.

i cant wait to read about your loss tomorrow too. Isnt this exciting!

I have just mixed up a butterscotch dessert for later. i am still quite hungry afetr not having my omlette and the water is not suficing this time!

I am noticing i am rarely hungry and have to remeber to eat now. i sthis how you are?

xxx
kayleigh
kayleigh

Back to top Go down

Post by kelly0803 Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:04 pm

Hi Kayleigh,

you are observant, i have never even noticed the colour of the boxes! lol.

I am sure they will be fine but Admin will pop up and let us know if not....

If you are unsure a meal planner is a great idea and if you can try and get lots of variety in so you do not get bored. Your plan sounds great. Do you eat porridge? just an alternative for the shakes occassionally.

Personally soup does not fill me up so I dont have that very often. I am sure Admin has said it is ok to have spag bol twice a day or 2 of the meal packs. I leave my bar or wafers to supper time but you just need to adjust to what suits you and your lifestyle.

Isnt it great when you can feel comfortable in your clothes again!! Well done with getting in your jeans again.

Cant wait to catch up on your weightloss tomorrow too.

Kelly x Smile

kelly0803
kelly0803

Back to top Go down

Post by kayleigh Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:36 pm

Good morning Kelly.

I am doing ok today. My food has arrived (never been so excited!). I had the cheese omelette - not for me! Abondoned it half way through! lol.

I have definately lost as my jeans are on this morning! Cant do the button but 2 weeks ago i couldnt even pull them past the tops of my thy's!!!! haha.

Your loss is amazing Kelly - well done to you. My weigh in day is tomorrow too -eeeekk!

On my plan i have ordered spag bol, the omlette, choc and butterscotch pudding, mixed berry yog, farmhouse chicken soup and hot chocolate. They were on the drop dwon menu for when i placed my order on the total kee oplan. However, these boxes are green are they ok? Should i do a meal planner, with b/fast (shake); dinner (soup); tea (spaghetti) then should i have a bar or a dessert/pudding?
is it fine to pretty much mix them up as long as i only have one bar per day and stay at 4 sachets - no bar/3 sachets/ - 1 bar?

appologies for the 20 questions lol Razz
kayleigh
kayleigh

Back to top Go down

Post by kelly0803 Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:20 pm

Morning Kayleigh,

I hope you are having a good day.

Scales - friend or foe?? glad you kept on and have seen the lbs drop off again. It is really hard when you pop on and off the scales (I do it too) but even if you do just aim for relying on your weekly weight and just take the inbetweens as guidelines.

I have been weighing most days this week, after a great loss last week and a little extra at the beginning the past 3 days not a flicker, went on this morning and more off so they can be tempremental, tomorrow is the day though so will report in then.

Well Done

Kelly x Smile
kelly0803
kelly0803

Back to top Go down

Post by kayleigh Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:20 am

Very true!! Well said imp. Things are as hard or easy as we make them. I am determined to do this! I have been far better than usual, believe me - despite the gain - which i am also thrilled to add, has just come off again plus another 0.5lb.

if i am completely honest with you, i think i may be in ketosis now... i am not hungry really, have had lots more energy (except today, felt extremely tired, but put that down to running out of kee food). I have felt this way for around 3 days. My partner and children keep asking me if i have brushed my teeth!!!!! how funny (and slightly embarrassing!) 5 times i brushed them the other day - pointless.

Thanks again Imp

Wink

kayleigh
kayleigh

Back to top Go down

Post by Imp Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:11 am

*grin* If you THINK it is going to be difficult - then it will be! Honestly when ketosis does kick in (I think it is about on day 4 usually) you don't feel hungry and when the initial phase of tiredness and so on passes you feel absolutely amazing! I sleep less, am rarely tired, get up raring to go and have so much energy it scares me LOL.

Try and think positive and about how good it is going to be Very Happy

Imp

Back to top Go down

Post by kayleigh Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:04 am

Thanks for that IMP. I feel a little more educated now - thankfully. It really is just kee products that can pass your lips then isnt it? boohoo! I knew it wasnt going to be easy! I just don't like the reality of it!! hahaha.

I have had a confirmation email stating that my goods have been dispatched so hopefully tomorow will see me starting AGAIN properly.

I appreciate the time you have taken to boost my morale. What is your total loss in how long? And, what do you lose on an average week?

Also, how long does ketosis take to occur? Assuming one follows the plan religously.

Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
kayleigh
kayleigh

Back to top Go down

Post by Imp Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:47 am

Hello Kayleigh Smile Well done for the courage to return to it and to find out more! Trouble with ketosis is that some things will tip folks out of it at the drop of a hat and it wont others. One thing is pretty reliable though and that is that citric acid is the most common thing that will stop the chemical process in most people. Hence avoiding fruit and squash and coke - even diet coke *sigh* The water flavourings sold for VLCD's dont contain citric acid hence they wont stop the process. The other thing to remember is that it does take a time to kick in so hang on in there. I know when I am in ketosis as my breath is awful - kill flies by breathing on them! (And my pee smells too) It is just your body getting rid of ketones so these are things to be glad about.

Keep drinking - little and often - and plain water is by far the best in my opinion. I have always drunk green tea cos i dont like tea and wanted to limit the amount of black coffee I had. Make it weak and it is really very refreshing! When desperate I also have a cup of vege stock (marigold swiss low salt) but never more than 2 a day and usually not that much. It is similar to the savoury drinks you can get with some vlcd's if you read the ingredients and it has never taken me out of ketosis.

Just keep going - it WILL work, promise!

Imp

Back to top Go down

Post by kayleigh Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:55 am

you two are the best! Thanks a million for your responses. You dont know your worth!! lol. Seriously, today has been hard... i have run out of shkes and bars (new order should have come today, hopefully it will get here tomorro as KEE are usually really fast at posting out). Also, with the gain i felt deflated. However, i have been the best i can (without Kee); apple, lots and lots of water to drive away hunger pangs; chicken soup, some plain lean ham and lettuce (about 20g ham); celery and the last hal;f of my kee bar from yesterday. But thanks to this site and your encouraging words and support i feel sooo positive - i owe you big time and hope i can return the favour someday.

I have learned from this and from now on will order in bulk, four weeks worth should come tomorrow.... YIPEEEEE!!
I plan to do as you say Kelly and not one thing un-kee will pass my lips. I will cut out tea all together as i cant have this without milk and one sugar.

Sue - your super correct with the magical powers of ketosis. I need to do some more research into how this works - knowledge is power (at least thats how i feel). lol. I am also thinking of buying the test strips to check when i am in ketosis.

I am looking forward to tomorrow now.

Also i am 5'7" - how many packs does this mean for me? Currently on 3 + 1 bar. Had sald 2x this week. Intend to cut that too for now.

Lots of diet dust to you all xxxxxxx Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven

As from tomorrow
kayleigh
kayleigh

Back to top Go down

Post by kelly0803 Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:04 am

Hi Kayleigh,

Firstly well done on coming back, a big step and not always easy to do when you have gone off track. So big well done.

Don't be disheartened. We all have been there and when we starve our body and then feed it then starve it, it is bound to get confused. So just take a little step, I know it is hard but in time and I don't think it will be long you body will realise you are serious about loosing weight and work with you.

If you are deteremined stick totally to the plan and do not let anything pass your lips that is not Kee. Try and drink lots of water, plain or sparkling. You can add blackcurrant and apple flavouring to the cold plain or sparkling water or add it to hot water. It just gives you some taste and not boring if you are not normally a water drinker. Limited black tea and coffee is allowed (I think 3 cups a day) but please seek Admins advice on that one. Apart from that only have Kee products. I personally do not have the salad, veg or milk allowance that you are allowed and it does help me on my journey. I am 5'9" so I can have 5 products a day.

If you are really determined and want the results it will work. Sue is right, there is lots of inspiration on here and the ladies are all a lovely group. we keep each other going and we are all in the same boat so please post or ask questions. None are silly. we may be thinking them too!

Chewing Gum is not about sugar free it is the carbohydrates in them and also creating acid in your stomach which makes you hungry as well as the chewing actions.

Our bodies do take time to adjust and I am sure all the ladies on here will have thought during their journey, they should have lost more on a certain week or how did I loose that much on another. In time it balances out.

So take your 1.5lbs as just a backlash from the past few weeks a give it a good go for a week and see what results happen. Wishing you lots of luck and determination. Please let us know how you are getting on.

Kelly x:)
kelly0803
kelly0803

Back to top Go down

Post by sue wilkes Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:42 am

Hi Kayleigh and welcome

Admin will be able to answer your queries better than me, they are usually very good and follow us often so they
will see your post and get back to you.

Dont get disheartened although that is easier to say than do because this diet does work. I know that every time
your body goes into ketosis and starts the fat burning process then we do something to halt that it becomes
harder to get back there but it will happen for you if your following the plan.

I tried to do this diet a few years ago like you not very commited but this time i took the bull by the horns and so
far im doing really well.

Have you tried the meal packs, cottage pie, spag bog or chilli, i find they help to get me through, you at least
feel like your eating without actually coming out of ketosis.

If you read some of the posts from admin they talk about ketosis a lot and it makes sense.

Well done on sticking to the plan keep with it, its fantastic when the scales start to decrease. Post on here often
that helps too and the girls are so inspirational

Hope that helps

Sue x
sue wilkes
sue wilkes

Back to top Go down

40 DAYS OF LENT - 22.2.2012 - Page 2 Empty Arrrgggh!! The scales have gone up!! - help

Post by kayleigh Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:25 am

Hi guys. Hope you are all well. I wanted to say that i have been following you guys for a little while and think your all fantastic - inspirational, strong and determined women. You have kept me going despite the 1.5 lb gain on the scales!

I wondered if any of you could give me some advice please. I started the Kee diet aprox. 6 weeks ago (very half-heartedly indeed) then i came off for around two weeks, in which time i ate like a pig (didnt think it mattered as i knew i was comin back on this! - totally rediculous). In this time i managed to plonk TONS OF WEIGHT ON (1.5 stones). i have now been back on the KEE diet for over a week and had managed to put on 1.5lb! I have been extremely good, tons and tons of water. My skin looks really good. Psychologically i feel brilliant and was expecting to see around 7-9lbs off on the scales. I cannot describe how rubbish i felt when i saw an increase in my weight. As i mentioned i would have given up if it wasnt for reading your comments.

I am on the total replacement plan and have; 3 shakes a day and one bar, and lots of water. It was very hard at first but much easier now. I have had around 4 apples during this week (will cut them out as i have just read that they are not great on my plan)1 and been eating gum (same applies with gum now). Do you think the apples and gum could account for my gain? Clothes dont even feel looser really. I must add, have not even had 1 entire packet. they are extra sugar free mint too!

Sorry about the essay. Just very anxious and feel like giving up after such dissapointing results!!!

xxx
kayleigh
kayleigh

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next