THE KEEDIET STORE ~ www.thekeediet.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Intro kb76slimmer
New here and want advice EmptySat Jun 20, 2015 9:26 pm by Kb76slimmer

» NEW VLCD BARS AND PIZZA WAFERS
New here and want advice EmptyThu Apr 02, 2015 7:57 pm by KeeSupport

» VLCD - BACK IN STOCK
New here and want advice EmptyWed Mar 11, 2015 11:36 pm by KeeSupport

» KeeDiet Soup Price Reduction
New here and want advice EmptyThu Feb 19, 2015 9:05 pm by KeeSupport

» Exante Diet Shake Review
New here and want advice EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 1:36 am by KeeSupport

» Keediet newbie - day 3 on rapid- anyone else out there?? it seems quiet.
New here and want advice EmptyMon Feb 02, 2015 7:47 pm by KeeSupport

» Slimmer Mikey's Blog(s) 2015
New here and want advice EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 1:38 am by KeeSupport

» NEW READY DIET MEAL - ADD TO THE KEEDIET STORE
New here and want advice EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 4:38 am by KeeSupport

» KEEDIET - VLCD SALE
New here and want advice EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 4:34 am by KeeSupport

New here and want advice

+4
sophiejackson
yummymummy09
snackattack
abigailsweetie
8 posters

Go down

New here and want advice Empty Re: New here and want advice

Post by anniepannie Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:06 am

Hi Abigail
lovely to hear that you have started on this new phase in your life, a great beginning.

I so understand where you are coming from, I wanted to lose 5 stone in a month really, but we do have to be realistic about this so do listen to all the words of wisdom you have been given.
Try to be patient and set realistic goals, aim for the 1 stone a month & if you do manage more than that in the first month what a bonus.
But if you manage ONLY the average 1stone a month that will still make a big difference by the time you go to Uni, you could be 1 1/2 stones llighter than you are now.

Walking is good but not worth injuring yourself for, swimming is very kind to your joints when you are heavier, so consider that perhaps as well.

Whatever you do just stay positive as you have made such a great beginning.
Good luck

please ignore my last week's lapse but remember I have managed to lose weight with this diet in spite of being hopelessly weak willed at times.
anniepannie
anniepannie

Number of posts : 174
Registration date : 2009-04-18

Back to top Go down

Post by abigailsweetie Sat Aug 08, 2009 6:12 am

Yeah I know it will take a while, I just wanted to lose as much as poss before start of uni and then keeping going

abigailsweetie

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2009-07-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Vashti Sat Aug 08, 2009 2:29 am

Hi Abigail,
You can only lose as much as is physically possible, to try and do more will make you ill, and you won't be going anywhere. Remember the old addage that says it didn't go on in five minutes, it will take more than five minutes to take off!
You should do at least the stone in your 1st month, more sometimes, but you have started the diet, that's the most important thing. And as you're younger than some of us, as my father kept telling me, it'll be easier to get it off.
Keep plodding on, no need to give yourself blisters, exercise needs to be built up slowly, as otherwise carrying the extra as I am on the +++ side, concussion injuries are the worst, as have vv's and chipped cartilage in my knee. Found out yesterday that my Spondylosis has got worse over the years, and may well be the cause of the pins and needles in my legs, a consultation with Orthopaedic surgeon next on cards, which will get to me first, the hernia man, the ortho man or the prolapse man!!!!!
Not a good prospect, so please take your time and don't try rushing something that will take time to do properly and permanently. Lost 4 1/2 after leaving school, didn't want to take 'a'levels due to the bullying I suffered, so starved on weetabix and water for 18 mths on and off. Stayed thin for 10 yrs, but then marriage and then my first pregnancy, oh dear the hormones meant that the weight piled on despite my diet not changing. Found LL, lost 3 stone but ran out of funds as not working, so weight went back on, now I've found Kee, I have to do it all over again, + some, to get to my target. I'll get there, I've done it before, but is going to take me til spring to do!
Vashti
Vashti

Number of posts : 221
Registration date : 2009-07-01

Back to top Go down

Post by abigailsweetie Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:10 am

I just NEED to lose weight before uni. I am 237 lbs and I just need to lose as much as possible in the next 1 month 1 week 6 days. I will do bloody anything.

I am buying walking boots tomorrow as my feet are getting sore with my daily 6 miles + walking done at work!!

abigailsweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by Vashti Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:45 am

Hi Abigail, if you look at my ticker, the weekly losses are recorded, as I think that the fluctuations that we females endure every month are helpful to others. No I don't feel hungry. Partly because for months I was living on just cup-a-soups and tea, as trying to lose weight(didn't come across the Kee diet til recently), and my umbilical hernia is easily upset by food! It won't tolerate salads in any shape or form, and really only comfortable for liquids only, as they slip through the loop of bowel which is trapped.
So I had un unfair advantage this time as stomach already shrunk!!
Having said that Ian cheer you up, as doing the LL a year last January, yes I was hungry to start with, keep sipping the water to stave off the pangs, and you must keep your goal in your mind all the time. Your stomach will shrink after a few weeks and you'll soon get used to the new quantities and the fact that it is mostly liquid that is going in and not solids. Sip the shakes slowly, make mine with 500ml really cold water, blitz well, a larger quantity, longer to sip, and it will satisfy you more as you have taken longer to 'nibble' at it!!!
The soups I make to a sloppy paste with cold water, then add the boiling water to make up to a LARGE mugful. If you put the water on too hot, directly onto the powder, you can't get rid of the lumps without blitzing it!
It does get better, and the results then keep you going, got into a smaller pair of jeans that I haven't been able to wear for months this morning-great feeling cheers
Vashti
Vashti

Back to top Go down

Post by abigailsweetie Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:03 am

Vashti wrote:Hi Abigagail,
I have a shake for breakfast, soup for dinner, a bar when family are eating, and a shake after small kids gone to bed. And as much water as I can manage inbetween those times. i find this a good routine and try to stick to it's structure as it helps-Children need routine, we're just the same when having to be so strict with ourselves! Hope this helps.

what sorta weight loss have you bee having from this? do you feel hungry?

abigailsweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by Vashti Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:22 pm

Hi Abigagail,
I have a shake for breakfast, soup for dinner, a bar when family are eating, and a shake after small kids gone to bed. And as much water as I can manage inbetween those times. i find this a good routine and try to stick to it's structure as it helps-Children need routine, we're just the same when having to be so strict with ourselves! Hope this helps.
Vashti
Vashti

Back to top Go down

Post by abigailsweetie Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:07 pm

Hi ICANIWILL!

So should I stick to 4 shakes? I realy don't mind what I eat, its the NOT knowing!!! Should I have 4 shakes a day? What times? What about the bars? I was thinking of having a bar every few days, when im craving or something dunno

abigailsweetie

Back to top Go down

New here and want advice Empty Hi Abigailsweetie

Post by Guest Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:11 pm

Hi All, soz not posted for ages - Life happened ....

Well done you abigailsweete and bettyblooper for your weight losses, cheers Keep going both off you and leave the goulash until on the next phase believe me your taste buds will explode and pull you off the diet I maintain but used products for a while after I come back from hols and soon as I ate again wanted the lot - managed to control but does show you how easy it is if you dont make right decision at the right time.

First couple of weeks is great and can shed loads then may settle down to 3 or 5lb each week dependant on water consumption and how much you want to lose. Remember more you drink more you shrink moto. What range are you using 5 products on Total is one extra than recommended and will take calories up to about 700kcal but this is still really low and should still get a good weight loss. If using WC products you can take up to 6 products as they are lower calories and lower carbs. I use 1 or 2 each day as dessert and snack to help maintain and are delious.

All the best and keep going one day at a time and dont let your brain lead you astray and convince you to eat anything off the programme. You can always have your optional salad at work alongside your product.

PS I used a coffee whisk and found lots of lumps, not sure if the power is different so have a look around some of the cheap ones are not so good. I also used the coffee mug and that was rubbish. Best I found was the shaker with either a mesh sieve in the top or a metal ball these were excellent and most have a measuring scale at the side.

xx

Back to top Go down

Post by bettyblooper Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:38 am

well done abigail keep it up lass!!!!!

bettyblooper

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by abigailsweetie Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:37 am

I've lost 5 lbs! Bring on the shakes

abigailsweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by abigailsweetie Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:07 am

How silly am I, the horrible taste of the strawberry shake has vanished now ive mixed it properly!!
im 17 stone, do you think i could lost 3 stone in 8 weeks if i had 2 shakes 2 soups and a bar a day? or is that too mch

and can i have "proper soup" once a day, as i can get beef goulash or something at work....or do you think there is too many carbs

abigailsweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by sophiejackson Sat Aug 01, 2009 4:03 am

oh and the way i use it is in quite a big glass- so it dosent overflow.
put the water in, then the whisk in and on so it makes like a vortex. then sprinkle in the sashet as the water is moving. be carefull not to lift the whick too hight or you may get splattered Embarassed

sophiejackson

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2009-04-15

Back to top Go down

Post by sophiejackson Sat Aug 01, 2009 4:01 am

hey,

i got it from waitrose for £3 and it needs 2x AA batteries. i think most places do them, and if you cant find them then amazon do them http://www.amazon.co.uk/Aerolatte-Go-Frother-Travel-Case/dp/B0001RT2C4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=kitchen&qid=1249059517&sr=8-1
if you are travelling i reccomend the travel case coz if the metal bit gets bent it dosent whisk very well.

hope this helped
have a great weekend.

sophiejackson

Back to top Go down

Post by Vashti Sat Aug 01, 2009 3:49 am

Yes, pray tell where you got it, Lakeland Ltd perhaps? Would be ideal for days out and for when I go to hospital! Meant to look this am while shopping, but.... didn't write it down so forgot!!!!!! Crying or Very sad
Vashti
Vashti

Back to top Go down

Post by abigailsweetie Sat Aug 01, 2009 3:35 am

oooo i want one of those coffee whisks too.

I know I shouldnt add the calories up just in case i desire cheating but id like to know anyway

abigailsweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by bettyblooper Sat Aug 01, 2009 2:48 am

Sophie could you tell me were you got your little coffee whisk thing from please as one of those would be ideal to take on hols with me?
Many thanks Tracy

bettyblooper

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by sophiejackson Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:12 am

hey.
i use one of those little coffee frothe whisk things, they're easy to carry in ur hand bag and dont need to be pluggedin which is great. they also make it a little frothy like a propper milkshake. Very Happy
try not ot think about how many calories you're consuming. i found out the cals in each tye of sachet and now i find myself adding up the calories and using it as a justificaton to cheat. nich gut!

hpe youre doing well. you hould notice a difference very soon!

sophiejackson

Back to top Go down

Post by abigailsweetie Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:49 am

Well I am going to buy a shaker as in the bottle to use at work but going into town tomorrow to buy a hand blender. I think I am going to have 2 shakes a day a soup and a bar. Wonder how many calories that is

abigailsweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by Vashti Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:01 am

Hi abigailsweetie,
Started 3 weeks ago, but done LL before. I use a electric hand blender, got mine from Tesco, only £3 or so, really cheap. Can't get the shakes smooth otherwise. The soups I find are easier if made to a watery paste before adding boiling water to make up, then just the right drinking temperature too. Like the ckn, leek, onion and mushroom best. Do go through all trying just a sachet of each and you'll soon settle on the flavours in the type that you like.
I have 3 sachets and a bar a day, and as much water as I can. Have a prolapse after my first giant baby, so I have the effects of permanent pregnancy to contend with until I get it fixed! A real nuisance and have to go when I have to go! Pressure dreadful, so drinking all that extra means alot of visits to the loo, as capacity down! Shocked
Do stick with it, the effects will soon be enjoyed, my time of the month bad this time, so just getting to grip with myself today. I know after the LL 3months I did and lost the 3 stone, I felt GREAT!
Can't wait to feel that good again so I can jog upstairs and ride the horse again. Wink
Vashti
Vashti

Back to top Go down

Post by abigailsweetie Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:26 am

Well I tried a strawberry milkshake yesterday morn and i thought it lovely but when i tried to make it at work it was gross, maybe i need to buy one of those shaker bottles. i hated the apple and cinamon soup it was rather yuk, i couldnt deal with thestrange texture... but i didnt want to start it properly as i was working the and it would be hard for me to get used to making them and when i need them whilst running around a coffee shop. i have tomorrow and fri off so going ahead tomorrow.

I'm not sure though how many to have and when, i will purchase some soups to try but i really didnt like the porridge, maybe i need to try a diff flavour??

I am studying Eng Lit at uni cannie wait

abigailsweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by wolfygirl Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:44 pm

Hi Abigailsweetie,
I started the kee diet 3 weeks ago and my starting weight was 16 stone and now i'm 14 stone 5lbs Very Happy . It is going to be hard but as everyone has said after day 3/4 you will feel great!! I don't know if this will work for you but it did for me you can try starting your first day on the diet when your at work, that way you are not bored and I find I don't pick at food and by the time i get in, I'm too knackered to think about eating.
Don't let your social life become non existent on this diet. I still go out with my friends but choose activities carefully like going to the cinema or the pub. Yes the pub but I drink water or coke zero (no citric acid on this diet). Bear in my mind you can only have coke zero as a treat once in a while. Hmmmm there endeth the lecture lol!
I finished uni 18 months ago and it was great. I would say for your freshers week at uni come off the diet for a week. Not something I would normally advise but its where you make your new friends and you don't want to miss out. If your worried speak to the pixies because they can advise great meals that means you'll either not gain or not too much. Anyway good luck. By the way what are you studying?
Wolfygirl
Ps Sorry if this sounded a bit like a lecture!!!!!!
wolfygirl
wolfygirl

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2009-07-08

Back to top Go down

Post by sophiejackson Sat Jul 25, 2009 6:04 am

hi abi!
congrats on making the decision to start kee.
if your starting uni soon i'm guessing we're roughly the same age (i'm 21). i was 17stone last august and have gone from 16stone to very nearly 13 stone 2lbs since starting kee in april. i've not stuck to it as much as i should have so it's taking much longer to get to my goal, but kee is great. after the 3/4 day hump you should feel fantastic and it's great to see the scales dropping pratically by the day!!!

best of luck and we're all here if you need any help or support

SJ

sophiejackson

Back to top Go down

Post by abigailsweetie Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:40 pm

Well I ordered some shakes and stuff the other night I am waiting for them to arrive. And when they do I shall start! I am about 17 stone 3, well thats the scales today. I think I will weigh myself once a week, dunno which is the best day to do it!! I'd LOVE to lose 3 stone in the next 2 months. I reckon I can do it. I think I'd keep up the walking to and fro work and also start running but I wouldn't start running till maybe two weeks later.

Getting to 14 stone would be a brilliant start for uni then just another 4 to lose!

I've got bad stretchmarks so I prob will get lose skin so I will have to try all the tricks to reduce it Sad

abigailsweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by yummymummy09 Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:09 am

Hi Abigailsweetie and welcome,

Iv been on the plan 14 weeks now and I have lost 2 stone 9 pounds, some weeks i have worked harder than others, and when i work hard the weight comes off, however i am human so as i said some weeks i dont work as hard as i could. Smile

If you go to the main menu and look under PROTIKEE TIPS AND ADVICE, the Pixies have wrote a post on expected weight loss, i believe after the initial couple of weeks the weight loss averages at about 3-4 pounds per week or about a stone a month, during the first couple of weeks i lost a stone, i think the more you have to lose the quicker it comes off, i understand your need to get rid of it all, but on the flip side if it comes off to quick you can be left with lots of saggy skin and its not really that healthy to lose to much.

Everyone on here is really kind and supportive so pop on and post if you need help, i find reading everyones post spurs me on as its nice to know im not alone on this journey. It gets easier after the first few weeks so stick at it.

Good Luck, im looking forward to watching the weight drop off you!!

Chat soon,
YUM xx
yummymummy09
yummymummy09

Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2009-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post by abigailsweetie Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:47 am

snackattack wrote:Hi im new to this to started my shakes 12 days ago.You should lose a fair amount of weight but no one knows how much as we all lose weight at diffrent rates saying that a good friend of mine lost 5 stone Very Happy in 12 weeks on the fmr.As for only having 3 shakes a day you have to have at least 4 and up to 6 shakes as you will not be giving your body enough calories and it will go into starvation mode there for stopping any weight lose.I hope this is helpfully if you decide to go for it u can log ur weight lose they are realy lovley and welcoming makes the battle so much easier . hope this has been a help to u snack xxxxx

wow id love 5 stone in 12 weeks!! I've got 8 week to see what I can do, going to get working Hard

abigailsweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by snackattack Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:12 pm

Hi im new to this to started my shakes 12 days ago.You should lose a fair amount of weight but no one knows how much as we all lose weight at diffrent rates saying that a good friend of mine lost 5 stone Very Happy in 12 weeks on the fmr.As for only having 3 shakes a day you have to have at least 4 and up to 6 shakes as you will not be giving your body enough calories and it will go into starvation mode there for stopping any weight lose.I hope this is helpfully if you decide to go for it u can log ur weight lose they are realy lovley and welcoming makes the battle so much easier . hope this has been a help to u snack xxxxx
snackattack
snackattack

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2009-07-11

Back to top Go down

New here and want advice Empty New here and want advice

Post by abigailsweetie Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:51 am

Been looking around at meal replacements, was considering the Cambridge Diet etc but most are expensive. I think Kee seems to be the cheapest? I'd never heard of it so what has drawn people to it? I am bad with food, I weigh 17 stone 5 and I am starting uni in exactly two months. I want to lose as much weight as possible before then to have a good start so what do you think I could lose? I was going to exercise by walking for 60 mins a day and I walk at work in the coffee shop.

So should I jsut have 3 milkshakes a day? advice? and Hello! Smile

Abi

abigailsweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down