THE KEEDIET STORE ~ www.thekeediet.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Intro kb76slimmer
Water, water everwhere. (one for the Pixies, I think) EmptySat Jun 20, 2015 9:26 pm by Kb76slimmer

» NEW VLCD BARS AND PIZZA WAFERS
Water, water everwhere. (one for the Pixies, I think) EmptyThu Apr 02, 2015 7:57 pm by KeeSupport

» VLCD - BACK IN STOCK
Water, water everwhere. (one for the Pixies, I think) EmptyWed Mar 11, 2015 11:36 pm by KeeSupport

» KeeDiet Soup Price Reduction
Water, water everwhere. (one for the Pixies, I think) EmptyThu Feb 19, 2015 9:05 pm by KeeSupport

» Exante Diet Shake Review
Water, water everwhere. (one for the Pixies, I think) EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 1:36 am by KeeSupport

» Keediet newbie - day 3 on rapid- anyone else out there?? it seems quiet.
Water, water everwhere. (one for the Pixies, I think) EmptyMon Feb 02, 2015 7:47 pm by KeeSupport

» Slimmer Mikey's Blog(s) 2015
Water, water everwhere. (one for the Pixies, I think) EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 1:38 am by KeeSupport

» NEW READY DIET MEAL - ADD TO THE KEEDIET STORE
Water, water everwhere. (one for the Pixies, I think) EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 4:38 am by KeeSupport

» KEEDIET - VLCD SALE
Water, water everwhere. (one for the Pixies, I think) EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 4:34 am by KeeSupport

Water, water everwhere. (one for the Pixies, I think)

2 posters

Go down

Water, water everwhere. (one for the Pixies, I think) Empty Hi MJ

Post by Admin Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:20 pm

Most welcome for the info, sorry it was not replied to on Sunday, we wanted to wait until the appropriate person was available to give you an accurate reply, you've done so well with your weight loss your almost there.
Have a Terrific Tuesday....
flower
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 905
Registration date : 2008-11-01

http://thekeediet.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Water, water everwhere. (one for the Pixies, I think) Empty Re: Water, water everwhere. (one for the Pixies, I think)

Post by MJ Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:51 am

Admin wrote:Hi there, there are tons of reasons for protein in the urine and drinking insufficient water and a high protein diet could be a one of them, but as the kidneys are extremely important to us we would suggest that you just check that all is okay with your doctor, then you can continue on with your weight loss safe in the knowledge that all is okay.

A little technical info here but hope it helps.

Protein in urine is known as Proteinuria in medical terms. It is actually an abnormal high amount of serum protein in the urine. The role of protein in living organism involves fighting infection, balancing of body fluids, etc. In a healthy person, since protein particles are big in size, they do not generally pass through the various filters in the kidneys and into the urine. However, in case where a urine test report speaks about protein in urine, you should try to find out the causes.

There are some causes of protein in urine, which cause a temporary rise of protein present in the urine. I have divided the temporary and the persistent causes below. It is important to take care of your kidneys and drink sufficient water really helps, it is extremely difficult

Temporary Causes of Protein in Urine

* Over exposure to cold consistently for a certain period of time can cause this condition. However, this is not a serious condition, which cures on its own.
* Very few people are aware of the fact that protein in urine can be caused by fever. This condition subsides on its own after fever and its symptoms disappear.
* Emotional stress is said to cause a number of physiological and psychological problems. One of the problems, which it can cause is protein in urine. Therefore, it is important that we keep our stress levels under control.
* Like over exposure to cold can cause protein in urine, similarly over exposure to heat can also cause this problem, though this is a temporary condition.
* If you have been working out and straining your body too much, it can result in the presence of protein in your urine.
* There are some proteinuria causes like not drinking sufficient amount of water, which are also common.

Causes of Persistent Protein in Urine
* Polycystic kidney disease is also one of the causes of protein in urine.
* Kidney disease, along with problem in the urinary tract is one of major causes of protein in urine.
* Diabetes is one of the main causes of protein in urine. Hence, in case you are an diabetic it is important that you take the required measures to prevent any further damage.
* Like diabetes high blood pressure can also be the culprit behind the condition.
* Consistent use or over use of some drugs is also said to cause protein in urine. Therefore, you should talk to your physician about possible side effects of the drug, before you start a new drug.
* Heart disease and heart failure both can cause this condition.
* Rheumatoid arthritis is also one of the causes of protein in urine.
* One of the not commonly known causes of protein in urine is leukemia.

Since proteinuria does not cause any pain it is very difficult to diagnose this condition, without a urine test. Only after correct diagnoses can the protein in urine causes be determined. Your Doctor will be in a better position to talk about protein in urine causes and if treatment is necessary and would suggest that maybe just to put your mind at ease you should just get them to discuss your findings and hopefully will just be a transitional effect of start the programme.

flower

Thanks for your reply Pixies. My friend who is on Lighter Life had the problem and I wondered if the Lighter Life diet was to blame. I have to go for my regular yearly check up and just wondered if the same will show up in my sample Embarassed

Thank you again for your reply.

X MJ X
MJ
MJ

Number of posts : 147
Registration date : 2010-04-01

Back to top Go down

Water, water everwhere. (one for the Pixies, I think) Empty Hi MJ

Post by Admin Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:45 am

Hi there, there are tons of reasons for protein in the urine and drinking insufficient water and a high protein diet could be a one of them, but as the kidneys are extremely important to us we would suggest that you just check that all is okay with your doctor, then you can continue on with your weight loss safe in the knowledge that all is okay.

A little technical info here but hope it helps.

Protein in urine is known as Proteinuria in medical terms. It is actually an abnormal high amount of serum protein in the urine. The role of protein in living organism involves fighting infection, balancing of body fluids, etc. In a healthy person, since protein particles are big in size, they do not generally pass through the various filters in the kidneys and into the urine. However, in case where a urine test report speaks about protein in urine, you should try to find out the causes.

There are some causes of protein in urine, which cause a temporary rise of protein present in the urine. I have divided the temporary and the persistent causes below. It is important to take care of your kidneys and drinking sufficient water really helps

Temporary Causes of Protein in Urine

* Over exposure to cold consistently for a certain period of time can cause this condition. However, this is not a serious condition, which cures on its own.
* Very few people are aware of the fact that protein in urine can be caused by fever. This condition subsides on its own after fever and its symptoms disappear.
* Emotional stress is said to cause a number of physiological and psychological problems. One of the problems, which it can cause is protein in urine. Therefore, it is important that we keep our stress levels under control.
* Like over exposure to cold can cause protein in urine, similarly over exposure to heat can also cause this problem, though this is a temporary condition.
* If you have been working out and straining your body too much, it can result in the presence of protein in your urine.
* There are some proteinuria causes like not drinking sufficient amount of water, which are also common.

Causes of Persistent Protein in Urine
* Polycystic kidney disease is also one of the causes of protein in urine.
* Kidney disease, along with problem in the urinary tract is one of major causes of protein in urine.
* Diabetes is one of the main causes of protein in urine. Hence, in case you are an diabetic it is important that you take the required measures to prevent any further damage.
* Like diabetes high blood pressure can also be the culprit behind the condition.
* Consistent use or over use of some drugs is also said to cause protein in urine. Therefore, you should talk to your physician about possible side effects of the drug, before you start a new drug.
* Heart disease and heart failure both can cause this condition.
* Rheumatoid arthritis is also one of the causes of protein in urine.
* One of the not commonly known causes of protein in urine is leukemia.

Since proteinuria does not cause any pain it is very difficult to diagnose this condition, without a urine test. Only after correct diagnoses can the protein in urine causes be determined. Your Doctor will be in a better position to talk about protein in urine causes and if treatment is necessary and would suggest that maybe just to put your mind at ease you should just get them to discuss your findings and hopefully will just be a transitional effect of start the programme.

flower
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 905
Registration date : 2008-11-01

http://thekeediet.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Water, water everwhere. (one for the Pixies, I think) Empty Re: Water, water everwhere. (one for the Pixies, I think)

Post by MJ Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:44 am

MJ wrote:When you first start or restart in my case ( Embarassed ) will your urine ( sorrry about this folks ) contain Protein. Would it mean you are not drinking enough water?

X MJ X

Anyone got the answer??? Question

X MJ X
MJ
MJ

Back to top Go down

Water, water everwhere. (one for the Pixies, I think) Empty Water, water everwhere. (one for the Pixies, I think)

Post by MJ Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:03 pm

When you first start or restart in my case ( Embarassed ) will your urine ( sorrry about this folks ) contain Protein. Would it mean you are not drinking enough water?

X MJ X
MJ
MJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down