THE KEEDIET STORE ~ www.thekeediet.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Intro kb76slimmer
New starter! Into my third day.... EmptySat Jun 20, 2015 9:26 pm by Kb76slimmer

» NEW VLCD BARS AND PIZZA WAFERS
New starter! Into my third day.... EmptyThu Apr 02, 2015 7:57 pm by KeeSupport

» VLCD - BACK IN STOCK
New starter! Into my third day.... EmptyWed Mar 11, 2015 11:36 pm by KeeSupport

» KeeDiet Soup Price Reduction
New starter! Into my third day.... EmptyThu Feb 19, 2015 9:05 pm by KeeSupport

» Exante Diet Shake Review
New starter! Into my third day.... EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 1:36 am by KeeSupport

» Keediet newbie - day 3 on rapid- anyone else out there?? it seems quiet.
New starter! Into my third day.... EmptyMon Feb 02, 2015 7:47 pm by KeeSupport

» Slimmer Mikey's Blog(s) 2015
New starter! Into my third day.... EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 1:38 am by KeeSupport

» NEW READY DIET MEAL - ADD TO THE KEEDIET STORE
New starter! Into my third day.... EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 4:38 am by KeeSupport

» KEEDIET - VLCD SALE
New starter! Into my third day.... EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 4:34 am by KeeSupport

New starter! Into my third day....

4 posters

Go down

New starter! Into my third day.... Empty Re: New starter! Into my third day....

Post by kwakers Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:09 pm

Had an un-planned week off.
There's been so much food in the office (two birthdays) and I had a take-away and a bottle of wine at the weekend, and two bars of chocolate, so I just decided to be a bit kind to myself. I've moved up to E1 as I can't do without carbs any longer! My thighs and upper arms have been aching for a couple of weeks now and it's getting to the stage where it keeps me awake.
I haven't lost or gained this week- which I'm pretty pleased about considering how much absolute RUBBISH I have eaten.
Evil or Very Mad
I'm going to follow E1 for four weeks and see how my weight loss is- and then decide whether to go back to Lite.
Ah well - here we go again Very Happy

Last edited by kwakers on Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:10 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling!)
kwakers
kwakers

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2010-07-23

Back to top Go down

Post by triphazard99 Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:37 am

Oh, I know there is really no such thing as a 'bad' food.. but certainly I have terrible trigger foods which I eat far far too much of, and which pile on the pounds. Bread/pasta the main culprits, definitely. I just hope I one day manage to learn moderation! Doing this plan properly actually is far easier for me than weight watchers or similar, because I can avoid all the danger foods altogether - but learning to live with them again is certainly going to be a challenge to overcome!
triphazard99
triphazard99

Number of posts : 24

Back to top Go down

Post by kwakers Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:22 am

Carbs aren't "wrong". It's just part of the mechanism of this diet that eating few carbs induces Ketosis. Once we've reached our targets we can eat carbs again- just not in the huge (certainly in my case) quantities we used to! I could easily have 4 or 5 pieces of toast in an evening if the mood was upon me...
kwakers
kwakers

Back to top Go down

Post by triphazard99 Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:08 pm

I think I'll have to try the 'meals' then - I have had beanfeast before, and I can cope with that! I love my veggies, too...

I do have to remind myself that all these foods will still be there... so hard, sometimes tho - and I am such a glutton for the 'wrong' things. Carbs. hehe.

We can do it though! Just got to think positive and look at the rewards..

Sophie
triphazard99
triphazard99

Back to top Go down

Post by kwakers Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:08 pm

I must admit I'm finding it tough this week a bit but not fallen off the wagon in a major way. Loads of birthdays at work so cakes and chocolate all over the office. Managed to only have one biscuit and a treat size of Haribo yesterday!
I really like the meals - they have kept me going. If you have ever had BeanFeast they are a bit similar to that! I have them with 50 cal of veg and they do the trick. Couldn't just do shakes! I am craving beans on toast. Looking forward to my Sunday roast (minus the roast potatoes - always my favourite bit, though)
You're right about mothers making you clear you plates (and school Dinner Ladies) "think of all the starving children in Africa" I used to get.
Hope you get back on track soon. I keep telling myself all that food will still be there once I reach my target, and I don't have to eat all of it ALL at once.
kwakers
kwakers

Back to top Go down

Post by triphazard99 Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:32 pm

Well done you - keep on going! I've had an awful week, and am just trying to get going again.. we've been doing this about the same amount of time - I've done about a month now, too - and have lost 17lbs, so we're on target for the stone a month loss anyhow!!!

Are the 'meals' good then? I've looked at them and thought I'd be so disappointed if they were just slurry in a bowl? I do miss my veg - and we've courgettes growing like crazy in the garden, so that might be an option for me a couple of times a week, once the store re-opens.

Keep on going - the weight is coming off, so if it works your way, just do it!! I have to get back on track, for myself, back to shakes n bars - as I have such lousy control over how much I eat - I blame my mother Very Happy for making me finish everything on my plate when I was little! (Got to blame mums for something. So it's her fault I'm pear shaped too.). Once I've been doing this a good long while, I will be better, but if I slip now, it's big time.

Look forward to hearing how you're going on - it's good to keep track of someone who's at much the same stage in the program!
triphazard99
triphazard99

Back to top Go down

Post by kwakers Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:15 am

End of the fourth week and another 3lb gone.
I have another 2 lb to lose and I'll be half way there!
I've been eating 100cal green salads and cotttage cheese for lunch, and 250cal meals in the evening as I was bored. I still have a bar cut into quarters throughout the day at work, and porridge for breakfast. Sometimes have hot choc or a shake if I'm still peckish. I even had a rasher of bacon for brekky at the weekend as a treat. Doesn't seem to have done any harm Very Happy
kwakers
kwakers

Back to top Go down

Post by kwakers Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:04 pm

Progress report!
Another 3lb gone - that's a stone in 3 weeks! Loads of people commenting on the loss. I have to admit I am not telling people how I am losing as I am still ashamed that I have had to resort to something so drastic to lose weight. Maybe when I've lost a bit more? I am getting bored so will have Kee lite meals at the weekend. Watching my other half tuck into home-made curry last night was tough! I also made bread at the weekend and the smell..... Twisted Evil
I have revised my target weight upwards to 10 and a half stone as I have been looking back at old photos and I think that's a reasonable weight for 5' 4ish.
I calculated my BMI from my starting weight of 17st 4lb to now and it has dropped from 41.5 to 34 - cool. Approaching "overweight"....
I have been using MSM soap after reading some posts about baggy skin. It's gorgeous! My skin has always been a bit blotchy on my face and upper chest but it has cleared up completely. I have been drinking 2L + of water a day for over a year so I don't think it's just the water although that will help. Just ordered some MSM face cream from Raw Gaia as well. That's my treat for losing a stone. Right, that's enough rambling. I'm off to put on my new size 16 trousers!! bounce
kwakers
kwakers

Back to top Go down

Post by sazabaza Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:02 pm

kwakers wrote:Uh-oh. I *accidentally* ate a large piece of cake yesterday. I had forgotten my porridge, and it was for charity .. a poor excuse, eh!
Anyway. I didn't give in to the urge to give in for the rest of the day and just carried on with my packs. Still in ketosis this morning so looks like I had a luck escape.
The moral of the tale . . . . . always keep spare packs in desk drawer!

I wouldnt worry I know how you can accidentally eat something without thinking about it, thank god you are still in ketosis!! Smile

I always bring in my whole weeks worth on a Monday & keep them in my drawer as I have my first sachet at wor so I cant have any mishaps...

Keep up he good work hun x
sazabaza
sazabaza

Number of posts : 297
Registration date : 2010-02-25

Back to top Go down

Post by kwakers Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:51 pm

Uh-oh. I *accidentally* ate a large piece of cake yesterday. I had forgotten my porridge, and it was for charity .. a poor excuse, eh!
Anyway. I didn't give in to the urge to give in for the rest of the day and just carried on with my packs. Still in ketosis this morning so looks like I had a luck escape.
The moral of the tale . . . . . always keep spare packs in desk drawer!
kwakers
kwakers

Back to top Go down

Post by kwakers Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:01 pm

Lost another 5 pounds this week. That's 11 in 14 days.
have been having extra veg, and using the spag bol and cottage pie meals once a day as I am really missing proper food. I think I'm going to start having an evening meal soon. My downfall has always been at work as there is always food (cakes, chocolates and biscuits) in the office. Now that I can't have ANY it is much easier!
I have started using Psyllium husks to solve the constipation problems and find they really fill me up as well! Double bonus. Very Happy
Back to normal intensity workouts at the gym and don't feel it's any harder than before. I'm doing some extra upper arm exercises as I don't want baggy bingo wings!
Loving the porridge but wish they had less sweeteners in. I used to eat porridge anyway but without any sugar or sweetener added.
Ah well - lose another stone and I'm halfway!
kwakers
kwakers

Back to top Go down

Post by kwakers Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:02 am

Yee-ha!
End of 5th day. Lost 6lb (my weigh in is on a Monday at the Gym and I started the plan on a Wednesday). My month's delivery box arrived today - just as well as I had some meals to try and had Spag Bol tonight with steamed courgette (from the garden), Cauli, and broccoli. Delicious.
I had been SO hungry all day that I was wondering if I could stay the course without something to actually eat. I'm going to order some more next week!
I know it recommended not to use them in the first week but I have stuck to the calorific values (under 800) AND just done 30 minutes cardio and a 20 minutes weights - both much lighter effort than normal - so I deserved it.
Found the workout surprisingly easy - lets see how I am tomorrow eh?
kwakers
kwakers

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Sun Jul 25, 2010 7:23 am

Hi Kath

I never bothered testing to see if I was ketosis at all. The way I look at it is you are doing the right things there is not much more you can do if your not! Does that make sense. Smile

X MJ X
MJ
MJ

Number of posts : 147
Registration date : 2010-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by kwakers Sun Jul 25, 2010 7:17 am

Hi MJ,
thanks for the encouragement. I'm using a mix of WC and Total. I am not quite so hungry at the end of day 4 so maybe the worst is over? (Ha ha).
I tested for Ketosis yesterday (day 3 - yes, I know I was keen) and it showed up pale pink in the morning but negative by the evening. Tested again this morning (day 4) again pale pink but back to negative by the end of the day. I AM drinking 3.6 to 4 litres of water in addition to that added to meals and an occasional herbal tea - could it just be that my wee is very diluted? (sorry to be forthright!) Embarassed

Well done on your weight loss - it's great to know that it works!
Cheers
Kath
kwakers
kwakers

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Sat Jul 24, 2010 7:39 pm

Welcome to the Kee diet. Well done for the weight you have lost already. I also lost 2st on a low fat diet then 2st on the Kee diet. After being on the low fat diet I didn't have any problems with hunger, but after reading other posts the hunger does pass. Sounds like you are doing well. I can't believe you like the porridge, it made me heave evertime I ate it. Everyone is different. Are you on the Total or the WC. I find the WC more filling and enjoy the packs much more. Keep going as you already know it is all worth it. Take care

X MJ X
MJ
MJ

Number of posts : 147
Registration date : 2010-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by kwakers Sat Jul 24, 2010 7:26 pm

Ok- starting my fourth day- now I'm REALLY hungry...
kwakers
kwakers

Back to top Go down

New starter! Into my third day.... Empty New starter! Into my third day....

Post by kwakers Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:00 pm

Hi everyone,
I'm starting my third day today. I've found it quite easy so far - drinking nearly 4 litres of water a day (I used to drink 2 anyway). I've been chopping my bar into quarters and having a bit every couple of hours. I also split my shake into two. In the evening I have had 50kcal of steamed veg. I'm off out for some 0% salad dressing today and some more spices. I think I will miss curry the most out of everything!
I lost two stone last year on a low fat eating plan and kept it all off but found it hard to get started again so I thought I'd give this a try. Two mates have had huge success (one on LL and one on Exante) so we'll see how we go. I like the variety of Kee and have found the flavours pretty good so far (I got a 1 week sample box and have just ordered a month mixed box with some extra porridge and a couple of the meals to try).
I have 7 stone to lose in total - 2 down, and 5 to go..... cheers
kwakers
kwakers

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down