THE KEEDIET STORE ~ www.thekeediet.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Intro kb76slimmer
BMI Index question??? EmptySat Jun 20, 2015 9:26 pm by Kb76slimmer

» NEW VLCD BARS AND PIZZA WAFERS
BMI Index question??? EmptyThu Apr 02, 2015 7:57 pm by KeeSupport

» VLCD - BACK IN STOCK
BMI Index question??? EmptyWed Mar 11, 2015 11:36 pm by KeeSupport

» KeeDiet Soup Price Reduction
BMI Index question??? EmptyThu Feb 19, 2015 9:05 pm by KeeSupport

» Exante Diet Shake Review
BMI Index question??? EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 1:36 am by KeeSupport

» Keediet newbie - day 3 on rapid- anyone else out there?? it seems quiet.
BMI Index question??? EmptyMon Feb 02, 2015 7:47 pm by KeeSupport

» Slimmer Mikey's Blog(s) 2015
BMI Index question??? EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 1:38 am by KeeSupport

» NEW READY DIET MEAL - ADD TO THE KEEDIET STORE
BMI Index question??? EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 4:38 am by KeeSupport

» KEEDIET - VLCD SALE
BMI Index question??? EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 4:34 am by KeeSupport

BMI Index question???

5 posters

Go down

BMI Index question??? Empty Re: BMI Index question???

Post by kwakers Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:47 am

Hi Paul,
on a lighter note (no pun intended) - love your location!!!!
Kath
kwakers
kwakers

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2010-07-23

Back to top Go down

BMI Index question??? Empty BMI

Post by Admin Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:15 pm

Hi Sophie, you are quite correct, BMI is a guide to your healthy weight and many other factors can be used. BMI categories also provide a higher and lower weight for the category as well.

Those with muscle will naturally weigh more and therefore their BMI could show as obese / overweight. The best rule of thumb in this case is a healthy waist measurement for your individual requirements. Your doctor should be able to provide an accurate BMI for your build and muscle content and then give you an idea of a healthy weight for you.

Hope this has helped flower
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 905
Registration date : 2008-11-01

http://thekeediet.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by sophiejackson Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:01 pm

BMI is a such strange one.

I'm like you Vashti. I think most people would be pretty shocked about how much I actually weight. I'm 12 1/2 stone at the moment and a 14 on bottom and 12/ 14 on top. but according to my BMI i've got over a stone to loose to get into the 'normal' category . I think it depends on how you fill out and where your weight goes. A friend of mine is almost exactly the same size, her loose ish jeans are fitted on me. she's only 2/3 inches shorter but a whole 3 stone lighter!!!

A friend of mine's a model and 6ft 5 of solid muscle- but hiis BMI puts him as obeace!

I think it's good to use as a guide. but they do say that your hip to waist ratio, and waist measurement is even more important, as abdominal fat causes the most problems.

sophiejackson

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2009-04-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Vashti Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:36 pm

Hi, my father was a big framed man and in his youthful RAF days on the Lancasters, was 6'2 1/2", built like a gorilla.
When I am at my size 16 dress size, everyone would put my weight at 9 stone, and I did look like 9 stone, but in fact weighed 12!!
You'll know when you get there, and take piccies so you can see photo of yourself, as mirrors- you'll still seethe old you as I did.
Hope this is of help to you.
Vashti
Vashti

Number of posts : 221
Registration date : 2009-07-01

Back to top Go down

BMI Index question??? Empty BMI Index question???

Post by Time4Change Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:28 pm

So I've got another question Smile

Getting ready to start the diet so the first thing was to buy a spanking new set of scales with all the bells and whistles, cost a fortune but heck they look good, once I've obtained my PHD in understanding all the data they spew out I'm pretty sure they're going to be a great help on this journey, but here's the problem.......

At 332Lbs my current BMI is around 45, and my body fat content is 31.6% = 119Lbs approx, now to get down to a BMI of 25 I need to drop some 148Lbs of weight or grow another 3 or 4 foot taller Wink (I'm not overweight just under tall) Pretty sure my growth spurrt stopped about 25 years ago so I guess dropping the weight is the only option.

The concern I have is that if I've only got 119Lbs of body fat and need to drop 148Lbs of body mass, that means I need to drop 100% of the body fat (which is neither healthy or even possible) along with another 29Lbs of lean body mass (pressumably muscle mass) just so I can get to what is clinically viewed as 'non-obese'

Clearly the BMI index does not work in all cases, so with that in mind, what other method is there to determin whether or not I've reached a 'healthy' weight? Is there some sort of modification to add to the BMI index?

Stay safe all
Paul.

Time4Change

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2010-07-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down