THE KEEDIET STORE ~ www.thekeediet.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Intro kb76slimmer
me again- sorry another question EmptySat Jun 20, 2015 9:26 pm by Kb76slimmer

» NEW VLCD BARS AND PIZZA WAFERS
me again- sorry another question EmptyThu Apr 02, 2015 7:57 pm by KeeSupport

» VLCD - BACK IN STOCK
me again- sorry another question EmptyWed Mar 11, 2015 11:36 pm by KeeSupport

» KeeDiet Soup Price Reduction
me again- sorry another question EmptyThu Feb 19, 2015 9:05 pm by KeeSupport

» Exante Diet Shake Review
me again- sorry another question EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 1:36 am by KeeSupport

» Keediet newbie - day 3 on rapid- anyone else out there?? it seems quiet.
me again- sorry another question EmptyMon Feb 02, 2015 7:47 pm by KeeSupport

» Slimmer Mikey's Blog(s) 2015
me again- sorry another question EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 1:38 am by KeeSupport

» NEW READY DIET MEAL - ADD TO THE KEEDIET STORE
me again- sorry another question EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 4:38 am by KeeSupport

» KEEDIET - VLCD SALE
me again- sorry another question EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 4:34 am by KeeSupport

me again- sorry another question

3 posters

Go down

me again- sorry another question Empty Ketosis Help

Post by Admin Mon May 03, 2010 8:06 pm

Hi, Ketosis sticks, Ketur Sticks are a good guide and not a rule for Ketosis. Most do register pink all though some may not for specific reasons.

If you are feeling good, not generally hungry and losing weight at a good rate - you are in Ketosis. Ketones only have two exit routes from our body, one is our urine if drinking sufficient water the other is our mouth if insufficient water. You will then experience dehyrdation symptoms and generally the sticks turn a maroon colour.

If you are following the rules and drinking sufficient water you should not have a dry mouth or smelly breath, sufficient water will often result in ketosis present in urine, turning your stick pink. If you are drinking more water around 4 Litres you often find the pink detection is cancelled as the quantity of Ketones are excreted in a smaller quantity due to more water and therefore are weaker.

The best guage is how you feel.

Hope this has helped
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 905
Registration date : 2008-11-01

http://thekeediet.co.uk

Back to top Go down

me again- sorry another question Empty Re: me again- sorry another question

Post by 2jsmum Sat May 01, 2010 7:29 pm

It is the test sticks telling me!! About about 4 I have a strange taste and felt sicky and bad breath, but not now, I just weighed myself and I have lost 10lb so something must be working!! So i am off to update my ticker, I have noticed tho that my thousands of stretch mark have now gone from a "stretched red colour" to a thin silverly grey and almosts blends in!!!
2jsmum
2jsmum

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2010-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Juliemarie Sat May 01, 2010 4:18 am

Hi there

Wow you are being SUCH a good girl - great start hon, not even any tea or coffee! WELL DONE!
I'm not being funny but what makes you think you're not in ketosis? Because if it's the ketostix tests, I can tell you that I have NEVER had a positive results on one of those (I have done almost 15 weeks and lost almost 4 stone), and am pretty sure it's because I, like you, am drinking HEAPS (also around 5 litres a day).
Sorry to be rude but is your breath getting smelly and do you have a funny taste in your mouth? Because these are sure signs that you are entering ketosis (strangely, they are supposed to go away if you are drinking plenty, but mine never have really!) Also if you start to feel cold that is a sign of ketosis (unless it's -20 outside of course!) Hopefully you won't have had headaches etc with drinking that much, but again if you have then that is a sign of ketosis.
If I were you I wouldn't worry, I would wait and see what the one-week weigh-in says, that will be another sure way to tell and will encourage you I'm sure! If you stick to this as well as you have so far, you will DEFINITELY be in ketosis very soon!

Also, do you know you can have 50 cals of salad or veg eadh day (from the list on the site and in the booklet) - it's quite a lot and helps make a 'meal' and keep the constipation at bay! You should also have 200mls of skimmed milk each day (I make up my porridge, yoghurt or hot chocolate with it but some people put it in their tea or coffee) and 6 small nuts (any sort but salted) every 2-3 days to keep your gallbladder healthy.

I am sure you are on track hon, you can't go wrong if you just stick to this plan, I promise!

Let me know how you get on.

Julie X
Juliemarie
Juliemarie

Number of posts : 275
Registration date : 2010-01-13

Back to top Go down

me again- sorry another question Empty me again- sorry another question

Post by 2jsmum Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:16 pm

i am now on day 6 and still not in ketosis.
What am i doing wrong? My day is as follows

7am- 1 strawberry shake made with water nad my vitamin
12:30pm- 1 sanck/meal bar
6pm- 1 soup
10pm- 1 banana or vanilla shake

i drink about 4-5 litres through out the day.

I dont drink tea or coffee and only plain water from the tap.
2jsmum
2jsmum

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2010-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down