THE KEEDIET STORE ~ www.thekeediet.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Intro kb76slimmer
Getting ready to start and have a few questions. EmptySat Jun 20, 2015 9:26 pm by Kb76slimmer

» NEW VLCD BARS AND PIZZA WAFERS
Getting ready to start and have a few questions. EmptyThu Apr 02, 2015 7:57 pm by KeeSupport

» VLCD - BACK IN STOCK
Getting ready to start and have a few questions. EmptyWed Mar 11, 2015 11:36 pm by KeeSupport

» KeeDiet Soup Price Reduction
Getting ready to start and have a few questions. EmptyThu Feb 19, 2015 9:05 pm by KeeSupport

» Exante Diet Shake Review
Getting ready to start and have a few questions. EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 1:36 am by KeeSupport

» Keediet newbie - day 3 on rapid- anyone else out there?? it seems quiet.
Getting ready to start and have a few questions. EmptyMon Feb 02, 2015 7:47 pm by KeeSupport

» Slimmer Mikey's Blog(s) 2015
Getting ready to start and have a few questions. EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 1:38 am by KeeSupport

» NEW READY DIET MEAL - ADD TO THE KEEDIET STORE
Getting ready to start and have a few questions. EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 4:38 am by KeeSupport

» KEEDIET - VLCD SALE
Getting ready to start and have a few questions. EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 4:34 am by KeeSupport

Getting ready to start and have a few questions.

2 posters

Go down

Getting ready to start and have a few questions. Empty Re: Getting ready to start and have a few questions.

Post by Time4Change Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:08 pm

Thanks for the reply Sophie, I had hoped the admins would reply to the topic but I guess they don't check through the boards that regular? Your replies are a good help and kinda set me on the path I needed though so a big thank you.

I'll be using the Kee suppliments so will checkout the calcium content when they get here, but if thery fall short would something like a Tums intergestion tablet thast has calcium work? The salt issue is something that concerns me a little as I have never salted my food, perhaps if needed I can include that in the seasoning of the soups.

Paul

Time4Change

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2010-07-14

Back to top Go down

Getting ready to start and have a few questions. Empty Re: Getting ready to start and have a few questions.

Post by sophiejackson Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:54 am

Hi Paul!

Congratulations on becoming a dad and also for deciding to start with Kee.

Hopefully the following might help, but i suggest asking the pixies for help as i'm not 100%

1) Milk seems to be partly for people who like to have it in thier drinks ( i neeeed it in my tea) but also for the Calcium. the kee total products have vits in them, but it's also reccomended you have a good slow release suppliment. If you're not able to get milk then it might be an idea to check the calcium level in your multi vitamin and possible take an extra suppliment as calcium is so important.

2) i'm pretty sure we're ment to have skimmed milk so 1.5% should be fine, but check the calcium levels in UHT. if it's low then there's probably not much point in it- especially if you dont feel like you need it. I think a few of us rely on tea and coffee to help curb hunger bangs between meals.

3) Listen to your body. Working out at the start is deffinatly not reccomended as your body needs to adjust. However in time excercise will be back on the menu. On days where you want to work out, or know you'll be doing more exercise then it's fine to have an extra pack or two to help. It's much better whilst on kee to have more packs when you need them than to have regular food. but do not push yourself too hard too fast, and to be honest i think mainaining your current regime is unlikley, but depending on what you've got to loose you'll probably only be on kee for a couple of months. then you can go back to full pace when you hit your goal.

4) i dont have a propper shaker- i forget to clean them and so end up chucking them. Disposable water bottles or similar work great too. once i've finished a 2L bottle in the morning, i use it as a shaker for lunch. 500ml ones arent so great, but do work enough. just make sure u put the water in 1st and shake violently for 30 seconds. - anything similar should work fine, pretty much anything which is twice the size of the shake and with a tight lid.

5) If it's hot you'll need more water, as your body is using it too cool and too help flush out the fat. If you feel light headed at all, then you need to drink more- again it's a case of listening to your body. However, as you'll be sweating you will almost certainly need to have some more salt. We are normally told to avoid it coz our bodys already breaking down the fat, but our bodies need salt and if you're sweating it out then you're likely to feel light headed and nautious, which will just put you off the diet. There are some good stocks which you can use to make a tea (so will help add to your water consumption) and are powdered so easy for storage and carrying.

6) I have nooooo idea on this one Very Happy maybe you can convince some army buddies to join in too

Hope this helps. Good luck! and just think... you could easily be 5 stone lighter by chirstmas!

sophiejackson

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2009-04-15

Back to top Go down

Getting ready to start and have a few questions. Empty Getting ready to start and have a few questions.

Post by Time4Change Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:17 am

Hi there,

My name is Paul and I am finishing off a 3 year stint working abroad alongside the armed forces, my wife is expecting out first (and only as she informs me) baby in January, I always knew I had to make a change and get healthy but finally the switch has flicked and i WANT to get healthy, so I can be the Dad I know I can be.

I've placed my first order today and am now eagerly awaiting the delivery but have a few questions before I start, any advise or guidance would be greatly appreciated:

1. Where I am currently working fresh milk is not available, with this in mind is it a must have for the KeeTotal programme or is it just a luxury for those that need milk in their hot drinks?

2. If milk is a must then am I able to substitute possibly (in smaller volume) UHT low fat long life milk, which if the carton is to be believed has 1.5% fat. I've drunk tea and coffee without milk for many years so am more then happy to exclude it if I can, but don't want to start the diet off on the wrong foot if it is a must have.

3. I currently workout 4-5 times a week for an hour each time mostly on the cross trainer, where I burn about 1200 calories each session (I'm a fit guy in a fat blokes body, where's the justice Surprised) I totally understand the dropping off from exercise while my body gets accustomed to the new diet but am I going to be able to get back to the same level of exercise while on the diet or is that not going to be possible due to energy levels?

4. As I work abroad on an army camp there are very little in the way of kitchen amenities available to me as all meals are prepped and served in a canteen/cook house, buffet style, hence my expanding waste line, am I going to be able to prepare the shakes/soups to a usable standard with a shaker, kettle and if I can smuggle it back to my room a plastic fork? Or do I need to invest in some sort of electric whisk/soup blender?

5. As it's rather hot out here, I am already consuming 3-4Lt of water a day, due to the make up of the meals will I need to up that further to compensate for the change in diet or will that remain adequate, we work on the rule out here that if you pee clear then you're hydrated fine, do I just stick to that or do I have to take on more water past that level?

6. Where are all the guys?

Stay safe all
Paul.

Time4Change

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2010-07-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down