THE KEEDIET STORE ~ www.thekeediet.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Intro kb76slimmer
From LL to Cambridge to Kee EmptySat Jun 20, 2015 9:26 pm by Kb76slimmer

» NEW VLCD BARS AND PIZZA WAFERS
From LL to Cambridge to Kee EmptyThu Apr 02, 2015 7:57 pm by KeeSupport

» VLCD - BACK IN STOCK
From LL to Cambridge to Kee EmptyWed Mar 11, 2015 11:36 pm by KeeSupport

» KeeDiet Soup Price Reduction
From LL to Cambridge to Kee EmptyThu Feb 19, 2015 9:05 pm by KeeSupport

» Exante Diet Shake Review
From LL to Cambridge to Kee EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 1:36 am by KeeSupport

» Keediet newbie - day 3 on rapid- anyone else out there?? it seems quiet.
From LL to Cambridge to Kee EmptyMon Feb 02, 2015 7:47 pm by KeeSupport

» Slimmer Mikey's Blog(s) 2015
From LL to Cambridge to Kee EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 1:38 am by KeeSupport

» NEW READY DIET MEAL - ADD TO THE KEEDIET STORE
From LL to Cambridge to Kee EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 4:38 am by KeeSupport

» KEEDIET - VLCD SALE
From LL to Cambridge to Kee EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 4:34 am by KeeSupport

From LL to Cambridge to Kee

4 posters

Go down

From LL to Cambridge to Kee Empty Re: From LL to Cambridge to Kee

Post by cathyb Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:12 pm

I know Sarah I'm a diet junkie and I'd hate to write down and see how many I actually have tried. Still determined this is going to be the last one and I've come to the realisation that once I am at goal I can't just go oohhh that's it I'm slim I've got to follow some sort of plan monday to friday and then give myself the weekend to have what I want and I MUST weigh myself once a week but maybe not a monday maybe a saturday morning after my 5 good days. I think yoyo dieters are necessarily people who overeat but who find they put on weight really easily and I now realise (after years of dieting) I have to watch what I eat constantly. Or perhaps I did realise but chose to ignore it but now at 48 I realise I don't want to spend the next 20 years one year slim and the next year overweight so this is it for me.

I am going to keep on having the veggies as I do enjoy them and as you say if you are still losing weight each week there is no reason not to.

I must say I love all the foodpacks so far except the porridge (that was like something you'd fill a crack in the wall with) and can't wait to get my cottage pie and spag bol which I hope will be today.

Determined to way myself only once a week so what know how I'm doing until wednesday (which seems ages away but will soon come round I hope).

Have a lovely day and a fab weekend.

Cathy x
cathyb
cathyb

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2012-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsBadcrumble Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:12 am

Hi Cathy,

the delivery times are usually pretty good, so if your parcel has been dispatched, it should be with you tomorrow. My parcel that I ordered over the bank holiday has arrived already, and I wasn't anticipating it before this weekend, so they are definitely on the ball at the moment at Kee HQ.

I have the veggies because they make it feel like I'm having a proper lunch/dinner. I also think that while I'm losing weight each week, there's no reason why not to, and Kee recommend it to give your digestive system the fibre it needs, that none of the packs can provide. I've not had any sugar-free jelly, so maybe Admin can advise you there?

I think you'll find lots of us are habitual dieters. My partner has also been very patient with my diets, and there've been many of them; some more successful than others. I've decided that as this is my first attempt at a VLCD, it WILL work, and it WILL be my last diet! It feels like there's such a big mountain (of lard!) to climb at the beginning, but it's amazing how it just keeps falling off you.

Good luck, and let us know how you're getting along.

Sarah x

MrsBadcrumble
MrsBadcrumble

Number of posts : 145
Registration date : 2012-03-13

http://www.TheEnglishCakeCompany.net

Back to top Go down

Post by cathyb Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:03 am

Thanks Danielle - I've ordered some water flavouring in my months supply which I think was dispatched today so fingers crossed I receive it tomorrow - still have a litre of water to go and one pack as have been out all day so seem to be a bit behind. I've been to the hairdressers and had about 2 inches cut off my hair and my roots done and funny how that gives you a bit more confidence - I find when my hair looks grotty I feel grotty too. I must admit today I've had no headaches and haven't felt half as hungry as yesterday.

I'm looking forward to the meals in my next parcel Sue and I intend to add the permitted veg with them to make it seem like a proper meal. I had some boiled cabbage yesterday and earlier today I had some green salad leaves - thought I might as well have all I'm allowed and I can always adjust it later if its hampering my weight loss. I bought some sugar free jelly today but not sure about it - Does anyone have the jelly and if you do does it seem to affect your ketosis?

My weigh day is wednesday - I was going to start on monday but being Bank Holiday and staying at my sisters it wasn't really suitable as I wanted to be in my own environment if I was feeling crappy.

I so want this to work as my poor partner has been so supportive with every new week when I try to diet and he never criticises by the time I give it up (normally on Day 2).

Have a lovely evening.

Cathy x
cathyb
cathyb

Back to top Go down

Post by sue wilkes Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:13 am

Hi Cathy,

Im so glad your packs have arrived, now you can get stuck in and start those pounds diminishing.

Bear with the "crappy" feeling and headaches, they do diminish rather rapidly and in a couple of
days you will be feeling better and lighter.

Its good to know you are enjoying the products, you will soon get your own favs, let us know what
you do and dont like.

The forum is great, really helps both on good days and bad, nobody minds if sometimes you have a
good old moan, and all the girls look forward to weigh days to see how eveeryone is doing. What is
your official weigh day, mine is monday, typical dieter always started on a monday, this time was
no exception.

I have just had a cottage pie for dinner and have got a bar for later on while i watch corrie. Are you
going to have any of the permitted veg, i dont but i know that Sarah always does.

Have a great evening and keep drinking the water

Love sue x Very Happy
sue wilkes
sue wilkes

Number of posts : 162
Registration date : 2009-11-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannib78 Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:24 pm

Headaches will go after a few days just keep drinking water I definitely recommend the water flavouring I'd not be. Able to cope without it!!

Have a good week

Danielle
Dannib78
Dannib78

Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2012-03-20

Back to top Go down

Post by cathyb Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:21 pm

Seems like I can't add my tracker until I've been on the forum for 7 days but its all done ready to put on and tells me I have 61 pounds to lose (:

Cathy x
cathyb
cathyb

Back to top Go down

Post by cathyb Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:04 pm

Hi Sue and Sarah,

Well my package arrived at work yesterday afternoon so couldn't wait to get home to try it. Had the cream of vegetable soup - now I have NEVER liked the soups on LL or CD but thought for this plan to work I have to try different things and to my amazement I loved it. For supper I had the barbecue soy puffs which again were delicious (although as I'm on rapid burn I don't know whether I should be having these or not).

This morning I had the berry yoghurt and although I found the texture a bit weird the taste was nice but think I might try it with mik see if it makes it a bit more creamier.

I had 3 litres of water yesterday but had a killer of a headache in the evening (probably all the bad carbs leaving my body) so just went to bed early and seem fine so far today.

Regarding the milk Sarah its weird but since I was on the Atkins diet about 10 years ago (yep I'm the proverbial yoyo dieter) I have never taken milk in my tea since but am going to try to mix it in with the packs so I take the added calcium in.

Am so impressed with what I've had so far that I've bitten the bullet and just ordered a months worth of packs including thanks to your advice enough cottage pie and spag bol for one a day as an evening meal.

Day off from work today so going to explore the forum a bit more and try and update my profile with a picture and a tracker if I can work out how to!

Thanks for the support it really does help and I shall be popping on and off as much as I can - have a great day.

Cathy x

cathyb
cathyb

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsBadcrumble Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:51 pm

Hi Cathy,

I hope your order arrives today. Delivery is usually fairly prompt I've found.

You will really see the difference with the choice available with Kee I'm sure. Whenever I place an order now, I pop a couple of sample packs in there to try products I've not had before.

I'm not a great water drinker either, but find if it's not freezing cold, I cope better, so I have several bottles filled, and leave them out of the fridge. You can also have a 200ml allowance of skimmed milk to have throughout the day, so I find that gets me plenty of cups of decaf tea & coffee throughout the day (decaf is better because it doesn't act as a diuretic, which isn't ideal on the diet to purge the fluids out of your system that you're trying to put in).

There seem to be quite a few former LL and CD people on here, who seem to find Kee suits them better. I know when it's the start it seems like such a long way to go, but the fab thing about it is that you do see results really quickly, which gives you such a boost. For me, that's the incentive to stay on the straight and narrow. With a bit of effort you can fit it around a busy life too. The forum is invaluable I find. We're all in the same boat, just on slightly different parts of the journey.

Good luck, and let us know how you're getting along.

Sarah x
MrsBadcrumble
MrsBadcrumble

Back to top Go down

Post by sue wilkes Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:56 pm

Hi Cathy,

I used to struggle with the water but i find that if i add a little boiling water to it then its a lot easier
to get down but then i dont like really cold drinks and found it almost impossible in the cold weather,
however its a lot easier now and just think with every glass you drink you are just melting those pounds away,
drinking is the key to this.

Once you are well established in ketosis then admin say you can have the occasional coke zero or dr pepper
zero, i think these are the ones that dont contain any citric acid but check with them. I havent had any
simply because i am trying to give them up full stop as i was never without a can of something in my hand
before.

Any questions just ask, someone usually has the answer or admin will get back to you.

You seem like you are really motivated and ready to start your journey so good luck. Keep posting on here
as it really helps to write things down and receive encouragment. Remember we are all in the same boat,
albeit at different levels so we can help each other along.

Have you thought about putting a tracker on, the instructions are on the forum somewhere. I have found
this to be a great help as i love to update it every week and see those pounds disappearing.

This diet really works if you just follow the instructions, you will be amazed at your weight loss, promise.

Have a great day and i hope your food packs arrive today Very Happy . Remember to order the spag bog and cottage
pie to try next time, they are truly life savers.

Love Sue bounce
sue wilkes
sue wilkes

Back to top Go down

Post by cathyb Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:14 pm

Hi Sarah

Wow this almost seems to be good to be true. I'm not really a soupy person so have been trying to survive the CD on just shakes which is ok until we hit a cold spell and then it becomes impossible. I also found the CD nearly as expensive as LL. I only liked the ready made chocolate ones I think they call them the tetra packs and 4 of them was working out to £65 a week. Once I work out what flavours I like on the Kee I am going to order a month and spread the postage out and am hoping it will cost me considerably less. I also like being in control of how many packs and what I can have. Found having a counsellor a bit patronising on the LL and hated the group session although I must say my CD counsellor is lovely.

I am assuming its like LL and CD where you can't have diet drinks. I have an addiction to pepsi max and diet red bull so knocking them on the head today. Only wished I'd ordered some water flavouring as I'm not a big water person but am going to try for my 2-3 litres a day as I really noticed the difference in my weight loss when I drank what I was suppose to.

I have weighted myself this morning and must say am a bit daunted about what I have to loss but keep telling myself I have done it before I can do it again. Think this forum will prove invaluable in my journey and wish everyone luck in theirs.

Just checked on the website and my order was dispatched yesterday so fingers and toes crossed. Very Happy

Cathy x
cathyb
cathyb

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsBadcrumble Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:14 am

Hi Cathy,

You can have about 2 cups worth of green veggies such as broccoli, leeks, spring onions, cabbage, courgette, etc. (see the plan details on the main website for more details).

I'm like Sue and quite like having the hot meals if I'm at home. I have a shake for b/fast, a spag bol with a bit of veg for lunch, and a cottage pie for dinner, then a bar/wafer in the evening. I just microwave the veggies while I boil the kettle for the hot meals. In 5 mins dinner is ready.

They're like a soya mince with seasoning that rehydrates with the boiling water you add to it. They are quite tasty, and far more satisfying than just shakes every day.

Hope your packs arrive soon. I've just put in an order, and hoping mine does too!

Sarah x
MrsBadcrumble
MrsBadcrumble

Back to top Go down

Post by cathyb Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:05 am

Hi Sue
Thank you for the warm welcome:) Can't wait to receive my packs and hope they come tomorrow. Didn't see the hot meals so will have to order those next week. Do you have any vegetables with them or just eat them as they are. Am starting tomorrow morning - have some chocolate CD shakes left but fingers crossed my Kee products will come tomorrow so I don't have to have 4 of the chocolate shakes I have here.

Cathy x
cathyb
cathyb

Back to top Go down

Post by sue wilkes Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:12 pm

Hi Cathy,

Welcome to the forum and well done for chosing kee. Its a really easy diet to do if you just get on and do it.

The first few days are the most difficult so be prepared to have a headache and feel "out of sorts". While this is
happening its hard to keep positive but trust me it passes and after that its a lot better. Once your body gets
into ketosis (you will remember that from LL) you will feel loads better and once the scales start going down
you will get your reward.

Try and order lots of samples, there is so much to choose on here and i like most things. I have never liked soup
but i find the hot meals a life saver, my fave is spag bog followed by cottage pie. If you need mixing advice or
any tips just ask, most of us on here have our own ways of doing stuff. I try to save my daily bar until the
evening so i have something to munch while watching corrie.

I was sorry to read of the loss of your mum, i know how hard that can be and there really is no answer to loss,
just coping the best way you can. At least now you have taken a positive step to making yourself feel better.

Keep us posted on how your getting on

Sue x Smile
sue wilkes
sue wilkes

Back to top Go down

Post by cathyb Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:39 am

Thank you Sarah. Am starting on my Cambridge packs tomorrow and have enough to last me for a week so hopefully my Kee packs will be here by then as they won;t be posted until tuesday because of the Bank Holiday (trust me to start over Easter) I am not keen on soups but have ordered a couple to try and give me a bit of variety - must say found a lot of the CD packs to be a little too sweet for my liking and only liked one variety out of the lot. Really like the idea of not having to go to meetings or counsellors as to be honest I think that stresses me out and then I tend to eat more! Going to take one day at a time and my aim for tomorrow is to stick to my 4 packs and drink all my water - love the forum seems a nice friendly place with people always willing to help.

Cathy xx
cathyb
cathyb

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsBadcrumble Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:03 am

Hi Cathy,

Welcome! Well done for deciding to do something, and doing it now. I felt exactly the same as you, having got to a point where I didn't think I could swell up any more. None of my clothes fitted me, and I was living in lycra gym trousers.... I looked like Waynetta Slob!

If you've got enough of your CD shakes to last you until your pack of Kee stuff arrives, then why not start as soon as you feel like it? I did the same, I ordered my Kee packs, but started that same day on Slimfast shakes, which have a low GI, to help me get into the Ketosis. I think it did give me a bit of a head start.

I've not done LL or CD before, but have a very good friend who has (she's currently on CD) and she seemed very envious of my choice of packs, and the fact that I can have veg with my meals too. All people's tastes are different, but personally I really like the hot food packs that you make up, like the cottage pie, spaghetti bolognese and chilli (all dehydrated soya mince packs), and I bulk those out with cabbage, leeks, broccoli, etc. I feel like I'm joining in the rest of the family with a meal that way.

I started on the diet just coming up for 4 weeks ago, and have lost over 1 stone now. The first couple of weeks were the toughest for me, just getting used to eating less. Once you get accustomed to that, it's easy peasy. Like you, I'm looking to say goodbye to this weight for the last time. As you've done the other diets before, I reckon you'll find this easy to follow, and probably more enjoyable. Who needs to pay £15 a week to have someone tell you what you already know: being fat makes you fed up! This forum is a great place to come if you need any support, or just want to share how you're feeling (or better still, your weekly losses!).

Good luck with reaching your goal.
Sarah x

MrsBadcrumble
MrsBadcrumble

Back to top Go down

Post by cathyb Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:35 am

Hi Danielle,

Well have just put in my first order so hopefully they should be here around thursday although I have some cambridge chocolate shakes left so may start monday. You know when you get to the point when you just feel totally bloated and you have heartburn from the amount of rubbish you have been eating well I am there now and thursday seems a long way away. When I was going to go back to LL it was £72 a week but apparently now you pay for different parts of the package - the meeting now costs £15 a week - I hated the counselling sessions and found then quite patronising so to have to spend £15 on them would break my heart. I like the idea of writing a journal and think I may give that a go as like you i never want to have to put myself through this again.
Well done on your stone in 3 weeks you must feel so much better and good luck on reaching your goal xx
cathyb
cathyb

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannib78 Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:56 am

Hi Cathy

I've done LL before about 5 years ago and lost 3 stone all was good for a couple of years only put on a stone but then had 3 girls in 3 years and now baby is nearly 10 months I feel time to reclaim my body back.
Whilst I am not really a serial dieter I originally went back to LL and was trying to reason with spending £66 a week then came to find this vlcd which is similar but honestly feels like your eating more as have more variety! And cost almost half as LL only difference is you don't get the counselling but we all really know why we're doing this.
But saying that I do write a journal only a paragraph but the reflection helps me I think, as I don't wanna put myself through this again so I have written evidence of how I'm feeling.
My advice is buy 10 days worth if you can get through the first 5 days you'll do grand!!!

Good luck
Danielle

Oh I've been doing this now for nearly 3 weeks and lost a stone so I'm very chuffed by the results. I finish 12th June so hopefully I'll be 3 stone lighter.
Dannib78
Dannib78

Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2012-03-20

Back to top Go down

From LL to Cambridge to Kee Empty From LL to Cambridge to Kee

Post by cathyb Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:05 am

Hi all,

Where to begin????

I successfully lost 4 stone with LL back in the summer of 2010 and maintained until January 2011 when sadly I lost my beloved mum. From then on my life has been a constant road of comfort eating resulting in my putting on the 4 stone plus 1 more. I approached LL again first off as I knew I'd done it before and to my shock horror they wanted a month in advance which would have meant shelling out nearly £300!!!! Unable to afford this option I have tried Cambridge but find I only like the ready made chocolate shakes and I found this a bit limiting and have had trouble sticking to it. I came upon this diet by chance and am so hoping I can make it work for me. Any tips or advice would be much appreciated.

Cathy xxx
cathyb
cathyb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down