THE KEEDIET STORE ~ www.thekeediet.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Intro kb76slimmer
Hello Everybody :) EmptySat Jun 20, 2015 9:26 pm by Kb76slimmer

» NEW VLCD BARS AND PIZZA WAFERS
Hello Everybody :) EmptyThu Apr 02, 2015 7:57 pm by KeeSupport

» VLCD - BACK IN STOCK
Hello Everybody :) EmptyWed Mar 11, 2015 11:36 pm by KeeSupport

» KeeDiet Soup Price Reduction
Hello Everybody :) EmptyThu Feb 19, 2015 9:05 pm by KeeSupport

» Exante Diet Shake Review
Hello Everybody :) EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 1:36 am by KeeSupport

» Keediet newbie - day 3 on rapid- anyone else out there?? it seems quiet.
Hello Everybody :) EmptyMon Feb 02, 2015 7:47 pm by KeeSupport

» Slimmer Mikey's Blog(s) 2015
Hello Everybody :) EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 1:38 am by KeeSupport

» NEW READY DIET MEAL - ADD TO THE KEEDIET STORE
Hello Everybody :) EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 4:38 am by KeeSupport

» KEEDIET - VLCD SALE
Hello Everybody :) EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 4:34 am by KeeSupport

Hello Everybody :)

2 posters

Go down

Hello Everybody :) Empty Hi Hawklans...

Post by trazzer Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:59 pm

Hi ,
thanks for the tips , I'll see how i go with it .... just gonna have 2 , day's off then get back on it monday morning . Good luck with your W/L Journey .
Trazzer sunny

trazzer

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2012-03-29

Back to top Go down

Hello Everybody :) Empty Re: Hello Everybody :)

Post by hawklans Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:51 pm

Hi Trazzer. I've been lucky so far - managed to go since the 10th March with no breaks. However from experimenting on my girlfriend who did the diet for a few weeks we found the best way of coping was to use Atkins principals if you need to eat off diet.

I won't try to put all the diet stuff here, but basically if you can avoid slipping out of Ketosis during the break you will find getting back into it much easier - plus it will help avoid the 70% muscle/fat ratio of loss when you first go into ketosis.

Avoid carbs - so stay away from bread, potatoes, pasta etc - anything like that. Include avoiding root vegetables, peas, carrots etc. Try to fill up on low carb food such as meat, fat, fish etc. Watch out for any sauces or gravy, as these are often made with cornflour or flour which will be high in carbs.

For example if I was eating out at a restaurant I would go for a steak, and swap the chips for a salad or fresh veg. Or try the fish dishes but again watch the sides as it will often include carbs.

Avoid burgers, sausages etc as again these can be very high in carbs. Things like tuna are great if you like it. In reality anything processed could be high in carbs so simple food which you can "see" the ingredients in is safest.

Outside of the meal(s) themselves then you should be ok to stick with your food packs.

Alcohol is probably the biggest risk, if you plan on drinking then I'd pretty much say theres no way to stay in ketosis, so you might be better off relaxing and enjoying yourself, but keep an eye on the overall number of calories.

I went from Atkins straight to lighterlife - I never slipped out of ketosis so the theory should work. Regardless of this if you are going to have a break then the best to hope for is 0 weight increase.

Of course the safest option is to take a foodpack with you, shake or bar, and sit there eating that whilst everyone around you stuffs their faces with the lovely stuff - if you managed that I'd say you should get an award! I did it once when I had to attend a do which provided a sit down buffet, I sneaked off to have a bar when they were eating. It wasnt fun, and as it was a one off I managed but really I'd avoid having to do that again like the plague.

Best of luck - I hope this gives you some ideas - but you know how best to manage, just dont kick yourself if you dont manage to avoid putting on the odd pound, just look at how well you've done so far.

The MOST important thing is to get straight back on again after the break - so dont wait even a single day.

hawklans

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2012-05-22

Back to top Go down

Hello Everybody :) Empty Hello Everybody :)

Post by trazzer Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:31 am

Hi Everyone
Not been on the site for a couple of weeks , so just been having a good old nosey at all the posts . Everyone seems to be on a good roll with weight loss at the moment so good on you all Very Happy
My weight loss to date is now 35 lbs in 11 , weeks so I'm still feeling happy about it ... Been considering having a break this week - end because we've got a couple of family doo's ( feel very scared though ) Any advice on this welcomed !!!
Have a great week everyone .....
Trazzer sunny

trazzer

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2012-03-29

Back to top Go down

Hello Everybody :) Empty Re: Hello Everybody :)

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum