THE KEEDIET STORE ~ www.thekeediet.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Intro kb76slimmer
Hi new to this EmptySat Jun 20, 2015 9:26 pm by Kb76slimmer

» NEW VLCD BARS AND PIZZA WAFERS
Hi new to this EmptyThu Apr 02, 2015 7:57 pm by KeeSupport

» VLCD - BACK IN STOCK
Hi new to this EmptyWed Mar 11, 2015 11:36 pm by KeeSupport

» KeeDiet Soup Price Reduction
Hi new to this EmptyThu Feb 19, 2015 9:05 pm by KeeSupport

» Exante Diet Shake Review
Hi new to this EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 1:36 am by KeeSupport

» Keediet newbie - day 3 on rapid- anyone else out there?? it seems quiet.
Hi new to this EmptyMon Feb 02, 2015 7:47 pm by KeeSupport

» Slimmer Mikey's Blog(s) 2015
Hi new to this EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 1:38 am by KeeSupport

» NEW READY DIET MEAL - ADD TO THE KEEDIET STORE
Hi new to this EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 4:38 am by KeeSupport

» KEEDIET - VLCD SALE
Hi new to this EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 4:34 am by KeeSupport

Hi new to this

4 posters

Go down

Hi new to this Empty Re: Hi new to this

Post by sue wilkes Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:25 am

Thanks Admin, that will make life a whole lot easier xx Very Happy
sue wilkes
sue wilkes

Number of posts : 162
Registration date : 2009-11-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:06 am

Hi Sue, yes you can they are approx the same carbs / calories, it is a good idea to try for a variety, that way you dont get bored. Have you seen the Indian Curry receipe if you like spicey foods, you can use the curry soup and your vegetable allowance.

flower
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 905
Registration date : 2008-11-01

http://thekeediet.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Hi new to this Empty Cottage Pie

Post by sue wilkes Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:42 am

Hi,

Can anyone tell me please can we have more than one of the hot meals daily eg cottage pie, spag bog or chilli as i find that they really fill me up more than drinking a shake does.

I have tried the soups and are not that keen on them.

I have porridge for breakfast then usually a shake or pudding at lunch with cottage pie at tea time and a bar before bed but thought i would be fuller with an extra hot meal if it is allowed.

Thanks x
sue wilkes
sue wilkes

Number of posts : 162
Registration date : 2009-11-18

Back to top Go down

Hi new to this Empty VLCD Mixing Inst.

Post by Admin Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:11 am

Hi Peter, here is a link to all mixing instructions which should help. Also the chicken tarragon ready meal should have a english label sorry if missed. You place in microwave for approx 2 mins aftr piercing the film.

http://www.thekeediet.co.uk/index.php?main_page=page&id=43

flower
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by scotishlad31 Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:43 am

Hi admin,
Thanks for the reply.
Was wondering about the chilli do you just add water because it doesn't say. Is it cold or hot the microwave it?
Also is the - Tarragon Chicken & Vegetable Casserole do you just put it in the microwave i assume because there is no instructions.

Just placed another order today keep up the good work

Regards
Peter

scotishlad31

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2012-02-22

Back to top Go down

Hi new to this Empty Alcohol and VLCD Dieting

Post by Admin Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:18 am

We so wish we could tell you that Alcohol is allowed, but sadly not recommend. Although alcohol is sometimes lumped in with carbohydrates, our bodies treat alcohol and carbohydrates differently. From a pure calorie standpoint, a gram of alcohol provides the body with 7 calories per gram, whereas carbohydrates have 4 calories per gram. Moreover, the body uses the calories from alcohol first for energy, before carbohydrate or fat, and therefore approximately 1 alcoholic drink will stop fat burning for a minimum of 60 minutes, your body then needs to kick start again the Ketosis cycle - (poor body)

For this reason and many more we do not recommend drinking alcoholic beverages, at least for the first phases of the diet, alcohol can cause blood sugar to be erratic, depending upon the type, amount, and whether we have food in our stomachs. (Tip: Don't drink on an empty stomach.)

Where Do the Carbs in Alcoholic drinks Come From?
Fermented beverages, by definition, start as a high-carb plant, usually grapes or a grain. During the fermentation process, the yeasts eat up the carbohydrates, producing alcohol. Whatever sugars are left contributes to the carbohydrate in the beverage, which will vary from one to another. A dry wine has little residual sugar, whereas a sweet wine can have quite a bit. Liqueurs have sugar added and often quite a lot.

Distilled spirits (vodka, rum, whiskey, etc.) have nothing left but the alcohol, so are zero carbs so most probably the better choice than lager, wines, liqueurs. However, mixers are often sugary, so watch for this. If you must try to have with soda, water or if you must coke zero - dr pepper zero and then a diet mixer if nothing else.

To give you an idea
Note: There is a great deal of variability with beers and wines, as many factors will contribute to the carbohydrate of the final product. The following are averages only.
Carb Counts – Beer – Per 12 Ounce Serving
Regular Beer: average is about 12 grams carb
Light Beer: check the label –- most are 3 to 7 grams

Small Glass
Dry White (e.g. Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay): ~3 grams
”Off Dry” (e.g. Reisling, Chenin Blanc): ~5 to 6 grams
Muscat:~8 grams
Dry Red (e.g. Syrah, Pinot Noir, Cabernet Sav.): ~3.5 to 4 grams

One Small Pub Measure
Bailey’s Irish Cream: 11 grams
Campari: 12 grams
Coffee Liqueur (e.g. Kahlua): up to 24 grams
Cointreau: 15 grams

flower
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lisaclareb Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:57 pm

Hi Peter.

It is recommended that you abstain from the alcohol as it will slow down the fat burning once you are in ketosis. I admit that I have fallen off the wagon a couple of times, but have stuck to red wine (the lowest in calories and carbs) and bacardi with water. But if you are going to have gin, please do not go near any mixers as this will definitely kick you out of ketosis and you will be basically starting from the beginning again.

Best advice is to stay on the water! Then you will lose quicker and soon be on management....

Lisa
xx
Very Happy
lisaclareb
lisaclareb

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2012-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post by scotishlad31 Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:26 pm

Hi lisa,

Its the rapid burn i am on its going good!

There quick with postage products arrived today.

Thanks for these good links i didn't realise that you were allowed salad.

Thought i would be hungry on this but i fine. Its good when you get used to it.
Any idea how this works with alcohol?
Might have some cheeky gins this weekend! cheers

Peter I love you

xx

scotishlad31

Back to top Go down

Post by lisaclareb Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:50 pm

Hi Peter

Can I ask which plan you are following? If you're doing the rapid burn as I am, the omelettes as I said are very good, just the texture. You receive a sachet which you mix with 100ml of cold water and then pop it in a frying pan as you would if you were using normal egg mixture.

I tend to use some of my veg allowance sauteed off first in the pan and then add the mix. Then I use the rest of my daily allowance to have a bit of salad with it....scrummy! The meals can all be found in the Hot Meals section in the online store. I have tried a couple of the ketogenic meals and they were very tasty, but you have to forego your veg allowance and one pack for one of these.

Your allowance on Rapid Burn is 3 packs and one bar or snack, 2 cups/50cals of veg from the list (green or white veg or salad) - List can be found here, but take care which ones you use, any without asterisk are the best and must be measured, http://www.thekeediet.co.uk/index.php?main_page=page&id=10

As for the snacks, I could not comment, as I have decided not to start along this route. Maybe once I am on maintenance, then I may think about it, but I find the bars and shakes satisfy my sweet tooth.

I know that men can have additional, but if you follow this link then it should explain everything. http://www.thekeediet.co.uk/index.php?main_page=choose_diet_plan&plan=5#planDescription

Hope all this helps and good luck on your journey. It will be worth it in the end!

Lisa
xx I love you
lisaclareb
lisaclareb

Back to top Go down

Post by scotishlad31 Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:32 am

Thanks Lisa,

Ordered a mixture. Can you make the Omelettes youself?!

Ordered the chilli.

What about the snacks are the crisps any good?
Is there a section for the meals? is it 4 and one of the snacks your ment to have?!

Peter
xx

scotishlad31

Back to top Go down

Post by lisaclareb Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:16 pm

Hi Scotishlad31

I have been on it 5 weeks and I have to say there isn't one dinner I dislike, however my favourite is the Chilli as it has plenty of flavour, but the Spaghetti Bolognaise is ok too. I eat the cottage pie, but not as much flavour as the others.

Omelettes are tasty, but the texture takes a bit of getting used to but again, the flavour is good.

Maybe for the first week try one of each and see how you go before ordering a whole box?

Lisa

xx
lisaclareb
lisaclareb

Back to top Go down

Hi new to this Empty Hi new to this

Post by scotishlad31 Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:37 pm

Just placed an order but for got the dinners! What dinners are good? going to order some today!

scotishlad31

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum