THE KEEDIET STORE ~ www.thekeediet.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Intro kb76slimmer
HI EVERYBODY EmptySat Jun 20, 2015 9:26 pm by Kb76slimmer

» NEW VLCD BARS AND PIZZA WAFERS
HI EVERYBODY EmptyThu Apr 02, 2015 7:57 pm by KeeSupport

» VLCD - BACK IN STOCK
HI EVERYBODY EmptyWed Mar 11, 2015 11:36 pm by KeeSupport

» KeeDiet Soup Price Reduction
HI EVERYBODY EmptyThu Feb 19, 2015 9:05 pm by KeeSupport

» Exante Diet Shake Review
HI EVERYBODY EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 1:36 am by KeeSupport

» Keediet newbie - day 3 on rapid- anyone else out there?? it seems quiet.
HI EVERYBODY EmptyMon Feb 02, 2015 7:47 pm by KeeSupport

» Slimmer Mikey's Blog(s) 2015
HI EVERYBODY EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 1:38 am by KeeSupport

» NEW READY DIET MEAL - ADD TO THE KEEDIET STORE
HI EVERYBODY EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 4:38 am by KeeSupport

» KEEDIET - VLCD SALE
HI EVERYBODY EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 4:34 am by KeeSupport

HI EVERYBODY

3 posters

Go down

HI EVERYBODY Empty IS KETOSIS DANGEROUS?

Post by Admin Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:25 pm

IS KETOSIS DANGEROUS?
"Being in ketosis by following a low carbohydrate diet is NOT considered dangerous a healthy person. The human body was designed to use ketones very efficiently as fuel in the absence of glucose. However, the word ketosis is often confused with a similar word, Ketoacidosis. ("Ketoacidosis is a dangerous condition for diabetics and the main element is ACID not ketones) Diabetics can follow a ketogenic diet to lose fat & weight ... but they must be closely monitored by their health care provider, and blood sugars need to be kept low and stable"
Hope this has helped and a new topic is raised on our tips & advice board to give the full explanation of ketosis and how to check
flower
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 905
Registration date : 2008-11-01

http://thekeediet.co.uk

Back to top Go down

HI EVERYBODY Empty Re: HI EVERYBODY

Post by Vashti Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:54 am

Hi Mia
One of our 'posters' is actually a Dr I believe so hopefully she can tell you more. But, looking on the internet, sounds as though it is more likely to occur with those who also suffer from type 1 diabetes. For the time being make sure you are drinking enough water to flush you through, (I'm bad at not drinking enough), and speak to your GP if worried. If you consulted your GP when you did LL, then he/she should have picked up on the safety issue with these diets and any problems you may have that might prevent you from doing this diet safely.
Hope this helps.
Vashti
Vashti

Number of posts : 221
Registration date : 2009-07-01

Back to top Go down

HI EVERYBODY Empty HI EVERYBODY

Post by princessmia Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:02 am

Name's Mia.First of all-sory for the spelling mistakes that are to come-I have french tips at the moment and it's hard to type.

At the age of 28 I am a seasoned and long suffering dieter.Did Weight Watchers for a while with a relative success.After that Lighter Life-again with a relative success.Now I am back to my fattest and attempting to do it one more time.Feeling really dishartened about it now as I have wasted 6 of what's supposed to be the best years of my life to obsessing about weight and being very unhappy.Hope to make some new friends!

Just a quick question to all of you there-I recently heard about something called ketoacidosis-is that the same thing as ketosis?I am very worried because the first caused someone's death.Let me know,please,put my mind at rest.

princessmia

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-09-30

Back to top Go down

HI EVERYBODY Empty Re: HI EVERYBODY

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum