THE KEEDIET STORE ~ www.thekeediet.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Intro kb76slimmer
Getting into Ketosis? EmptySat Jun 20, 2015 9:26 pm by Kb76slimmer

» NEW VLCD BARS AND PIZZA WAFERS
Getting into Ketosis? EmptyThu Apr 02, 2015 7:57 pm by KeeSupport

» VLCD - BACK IN STOCK
Getting into Ketosis? EmptyWed Mar 11, 2015 11:36 pm by KeeSupport

» KeeDiet Soup Price Reduction
Getting into Ketosis? EmptyThu Feb 19, 2015 9:05 pm by KeeSupport

» Exante Diet Shake Review
Getting into Ketosis? EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 1:36 am by KeeSupport

» Keediet newbie - day 3 on rapid- anyone else out there?? it seems quiet.
Getting into Ketosis? EmptyMon Feb 02, 2015 7:47 pm by KeeSupport

» Slimmer Mikey's Blog(s) 2015
Getting into Ketosis? EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 1:38 am by KeeSupport

» NEW READY DIET MEAL - ADD TO THE KEEDIET STORE
Getting into Ketosis? EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 4:38 am by KeeSupport

» KEEDIET - VLCD SALE
Getting into Ketosis? EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 4:34 am by KeeSupport

Getting into Ketosis?

5 posters

Go down

Getting into Ketosis? Empty Hi All

Post by Guest Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:55 am

Sorry not posted for a while, have been away and then catching up.

Remember when I did those first days, your body is going through such a change that it is quite normal to have headaches, as someone else mentioned the key in the early part of the diet is the water. Shakes do need cold water and a electric shake.

Be kind to yourself in the first week whilst your body is converting to fat burning, it really wants to hold on to as much fat as possible so makes it as difficult as possible, its almost a battle of wills. Make sure you win, the end is brilliant.

Lots of love

Back to top Go down

Getting into Ketosis? Empty Re: Getting into Ketosis?

Post by Vashti Sat Jul 04, 2009 12:33 am

Hi Sharron,
The irony is-we live out in the sticks, country born and bred, trouble is that more building and conversions galore, we have been swamped. Local small towns, really tiny have been building estates on their outskirts, takes ages to pull out onto the A road since estate went up in farther town, and all city dressed commuters in their posh cars, all going too fast! Don't know why they want to move here as when at home they have to 'go out' all the time.
Glad your second day is better, mine so so, terrible tummy ache as that has hit, legs dropping off etc, so feel rotten!, but hanging in there.
Let's see which one of us can lose the most by next Weds. am as we both started yesterday?
Stick with it!
Vashti
Vashti

Number of posts : 221
Registration date : 2009-07-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharron113 Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:56 pm

Well, I'm halfway through the second day folks! Better than last time and bizzarely I feel OK so far, I keep expecting the headache and sickness to start but apart from feeling a bit tense and moody, maybe a slight lightheadedness I 'm absolutely fine! Not counting any chickens yet though as I expect tommorow may be the worst, so I plan to have a quiet weekend focusing on the plan and STICKING WITH IT. Very Happy
Hi Vashti, your Arab sounds lovely, I used to not let anyone near my horse but then I got ill and had to! She loves to go out so much she whinneys when she sees tack and it was breaking my heart to see her getting left behind and depressed, so I trusted my husband first (he rides with dangly reins western style!!) and when she was obviously happy with that I let my younger daughter ride her too, she was broken and trained at an equestrian centre so is used to being ridden by different people, although I like to think she prefers me (!) Horrid about the lack of safe riding - I was in a busy town before and know exactly how you feel. affraid
Well, I hope today is going well for everyone and we all have a great weekend and that I am in ketosis by Monday !!!
Sharron113
Sharron113

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2009-06-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Vashti Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:05 am

Hi Sharon,
Lovely to hear from you. No-one to ride Pie as being very much 'one-man' horses, she plays up with anyone else(did a vertical rear and then an uphill buck with my brother on board). So do not wish her spoilt by heavy hands or legs, or a third party getting injured. We have such a cuddly bond. No wonder the Bedouins used to keep them inside the tents with them! Very Happy I am just hacking too, but commuter traffic terrible, everyone wants to live round here. Weight limits on a bridge mean that more transcontinental lorries coming down our road, ARGHHH Shocked Evil or Very Mad
Bad enough before, only two VERY short bridleways, and you have to use the main road to get to those, or the lanes, and even those are dangerous now as cars do not expect anything else to be using their roads. Hoping we don't become a statistic- the BHS advert not nearly graphic enough. The advert should have portrayed some of the footage that the emergency services take. Motorists don't realise what a mess a 500kg horse can make of a car when flying through the air, combined with the speed of the vehicle, very messy. Sad
Anyway, that off my chest, you STICK with this!! I promise you that getting through the first few days is the worst. When I did LL, I quickly started to feel better, taking waistbands in, and by the time I'd lost the 3 stone, was jogging up the stairs! Shocked
Something that I can't do yet, but look forward to again! Not going to let this get away this time. Finances caught up with LL, car troubles etc., so went off rails as had to stop suddenly with no weaning back onto a normal diet.
We WILL get back on our horses! Get our ops. and problems sorted! and get fit again!
Vashti
Vashti

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharron113 Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:58 pm

Hi Vashti, Thanks for that - feeling really positive so far! Your poor Arab - there is nothing worse than the weather finally being nice enough for no rugs then the flies start. I have 2 mares, a Thoroughbred/Shire and an Irish cob. They were in a very fliey field last summer and I bought those rugs with impregnated permethrin (Fly buster?) and they were unbelievable - the flies just wouldn't go near, although they cost a fortune I couldn't stand seeing the thoroughbred (Patience) getting eaten alive. We are just happy hackers, I am lucky enough to live in a lovely part of Yorkshire with pretty good off road riding and fortunately my husband and 3 out of 4 kids ride too - although I haven't ridden much for a long time what with being ill and then weight issues. It is my biggest motivation to get slim, the thought of taking my mare back off my husband and daughter! I really should be looking at losing more than 50 lbs, but I know that if I lose 50 I will be at a weight when I could do everything and feel great - not skinny but healthy you know? I am absolutely sure that this diet if the one for me, I have always ended up dropping carbs when I am eating healthily, not on purpose it's just that I seem to find they are the bits that go when I am counting calories/points or whatever, so I am praying study that I can stick with this - I am certainly determined today!
Sharron113
Sharron113

Back to top Go down

Post by Vashti Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:01 pm

Hi Sharon,
We can do it! Started day 2- Tough the 2nd time, but don't feel as bad as I did the first time when I started with LL, but the mental concentration tough. Can't take my Arab in the round pen at the moment because the horse flies are so horrendous. Unless she goes at high speed she's plastered in seconds, and with her skin so delicate she comes up in huge bumps. Even the fly cream doesn't have much effect. So hiding in stable with her lycra rug on as the flies that bite go in after her! We nip out in the late evening when air gone too cool for them.
Can't wait to get back in the saddle-you'll reach target before me. I've got photos of me at size 16, that I have laminated, stuck around kitchen with blu-tac in strategic places!!!!
So every time I look in whichever direction I can reflect on the fun Pie and I are going to have from the Autumn, and the more i lose the further we can go! bounce
Not told my best friend this time around, so when she notices, I know she won't be trying to boost me up.
Stick with it, I'm thinking about you, and you doing more with your horses too. What sort are they and what discipline are you into?
Vashti
Vashti

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharron113 Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:18 pm

Thank you all SO much. After I posted yesterday I pulled myself together and started again! I have discovered that I love the mushroom soup and now this morning the oatmeal, so with the other tips here I am sure I can succeed! I am drinking lots, this is something I "learnt" to do previously so I am managing OK to get 3-4 litres, I reckon now I am fully prepared for the symptoms (!) I will cope better. I have also enlisted a bit more help for the first few days as I reckon mucking out my horses at the end of day one was a bit stupid Embarassed
The people here are all so lovely. Thanks again xx flower
Sharron113
Sharron113

Back to top Go down

Post by pinkytails Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:41 am

Hi Sharon,

I found getting into ketosis really difficult, I've lost weight with lipotrim before and knew what to expect, so I took a few days off work and started on the Tuesday so I could rest a lot and go to bed if I got a headache. It also didn't really matter then if I couldn't concentrate. The only thing that gets me through it is drinking as much water as possible. As for coping with the taste of the shakes, I have to mix mine with very cold water from the fridge, then I don't feel queasy. Also, if they're mixed with a blender they tend to be a bit lighter on the palette.

Good luck with trying again, its worth sticking with, by day 4/5 you will feel great and not being hungry is fantastic!!
pinkytails
pinkytails

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2009-06-11

Back to top Go down

Post by anniepannie Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:59 am

Hi sharron
All that Sophie says plus the old one of are ypu haveing enough water. I really found if I didn't I got headachy.
But sometimes it can be a bit of just expecting to feel faint and bad etc and "I must just eat something to stop being---- whatever"
Perhaps if you just have a glass of water and say to yourself I'll see how I feel in 10 minutes.

Hope some of hat Sophie has said has helped because we want you to succeed as well.

Good luck
anniepannie
anniepannie

Number of posts : 174
Registration date : 2009-04-18

Back to top Go down

Post by sophiejackson Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:36 am

Hi Sarron,

I had a similar start to you re: the packs making me feel quite nautious- but nowhere near as bad.

i reccomend starting the plan when you know you're not going to be too busy. having such a reduction in calories will be much harder if you need to run after kids or know you'll be doing lots at work- try and take it easy for the first few days and it will be much easier.

I halved my packs to start with as it ment that i could eat more regularly and i also found that a whole pack made me feel a little queezy- but this stopped after a day or two and now i really enjoy them.

If you get a headache then maybe a parecetamol and a lie down might help, or even an extra pack. remember if you do feel a little faint you can have up to 6 packs a day and there's also the veg allowence and if you feel the need add an egg- and these wont affect you getting into ketosis. also keeping well hydrated should help alot with any achy feelings.

I hope this helped.
I deffinatly reccomend giving it another try- a couple of days of feeling a bit tired and nautious are deffinatly worth it for the long term health benifits of being a healthy weight. and by day 4/5 you should feel fantastic

Best of luck.

sophiejackson

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2009-04-15

Back to top Go down

Getting into Ketosis? Empty Getting into Ketosis?

Post by Sharron113 Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:17 am

Hello, You are probably all sick of this sort of post, but I am just amazed at how you have all managed to do this! I finally started yesterday after 2 weeks of preparation - reducing carbs and increasing fluid etc - and I failed to complete even the first day as I felt so horribly headachy and nauseous (I ate a couple of slices of bread - I felt like if I didn't I would be sick or/and my head would explode!!). Can anyone either give me some tips or assure me that if I had persevered I would have felt better today or tommorow? When I stepped on the scales this morning I actually appeared to have lost over 2.5 lbs yesterday! I am kicking myself that I caved, but the thought of carrying on just made me weep - after one day! I am so, so annoyed with myself, but I honestly have never felt so ill in my life (and I have had cancer treatment so that is really saying something!) I also found some of the packs made me feel pretty sick, perhaps if I had them half at a time? Any ideas at all welcome as I REALLY want to do this.
Sharron113
Sharron113

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum