THE KEEDIET STORE ~ www.thekeediet.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Intro kb76slimmer
Looking to lose more than 6 stones? EmptySat Jun 20, 2015 9:26 pm by Kb76slimmer

» NEW VLCD BARS AND PIZZA WAFERS
Looking to lose more than 6 stones? EmptyThu Apr 02, 2015 7:57 pm by KeeSupport

» VLCD - BACK IN STOCK
Looking to lose more than 6 stones? EmptyWed Mar 11, 2015 11:36 pm by KeeSupport

» KeeDiet Soup Price Reduction
Looking to lose more than 6 stones? EmptyThu Feb 19, 2015 9:05 pm by KeeSupport

» Exante Diet Shake Review
Looking to lose more than 6 stones? EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 1:36 am by KeeSupport

» Keediet newbie - day 3 on rapid- anyone else out there?? it seems quiet.
Looking to lose more than 6 stones? EmptyMon Feb 02, 2015 7:47 pm by KeeSupport

» Slimmer Mikey's Blog(s) 2015
Looking to lose more than 6 stones? EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 1:38 am by KeeSupport

» NEW READY DIET MEAL - ADD TO THE KEEDIET STORE
Looking to lose more than 6 stones? EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 4:38 am by KeeSupport

» KEEDIET - VLCD SALE
Looking to lose more than 6 stones? EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 4:34 am by KeeSupport

Looking to lose more than 6 stones?

+2
yummymummy09
Louise
6 posters

Go down

Looking to lose more than 6 stones? Empty Re: Looking to lose more than 6 stones?

Post by anniepannie Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:55 am

Hi Travelgal
gld your old counsellor was good, that is a relief. Now you have to concentrate on this new phase.
Good for you if you do it sure it will continue to help you.
Have you started with the Kee products yet or still in transition with LL?

It is nice to have the option of a low cal high protein meal if you can handle it (which I can't at the moment), so that you don't have to feel quite so isolated from everyone else all the time. Just do take care with it won't you as you have done so well with abstinance that would hate you to scupper yourself.

Good losing
anniepannie
anniepannie

Number of posts : 174
Registration date : 2009-04-18

Back to top Go down

Looking to lose more than 6 stones? Empty Re: Looking to lose more than 6 stones?

Post by travelgal Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:29 am

Well, I wrote her an email, and she was very gracious in her response. So now it is now up to me to make this lifestyle change continue. One of the things that I have been doing since I began the LL portion of my diet is writing in a journal. I don't do it every day, but I do write in it most days. It has been really helpful in helping me to keep my focus on the goals and it gives me a place to dump my emotions since my previous response was to eat.

I have also been reading other blogs and books and will continue to do that in lieu of meetings.

So, onwards and downwards (wieght-wise!) I like the fact that this diet allows you the option of eating real food. Now that I feel that I have started to build some good habits, it is nice to know I have some flexibility if I want or need it.

travelgal

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2009-06-17

http://[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wYLPNkw/]

Back to top Go down

Post by anniepannie Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:01 pm

Hi Travelgal
just leaving my pc when your message came in.

I did see the article and although it is disapointing about one of the founders looking obese in the photo, we don't know what her demons are or if she is controlling her weight but at a higher level than most of us (and probably she) would want.

I think you are right about the DM they are always so negative about LL and although I decided not to go with it this time I am still pleased that I did the first time.
The DM just do not understand how it is for some of us who have such issues with food, yes we do lack self control at times and we can be gluttons but it is like other addictions for other people but we are just considered fat, lazy, slobs by some people.
If obesity clinics use VLCDs why is it so bad. If it is the only way that works for us so we can lose weight and make ourselves healthier & happier then that is right for us.
Probably like you I have tried so many other methods, hypnosis and every diet under the sun and before Kee I had not been able to keep any weight off.
So I am going to continue with it and Yah boo socks to all of those detractors.

As for letting your LL counsellor know perhaps an email if you can't face her with it in person and just thank her for all her help in the past and just say that you need to try a cheaper method and perhaps touch on about the problems without being nasty because she ought to know that she has not been providing the counselling support that she should.
However I probably would chicken out on that bit and just thank her because she probably knows that she hasn't been up to scratch.

I have recently spoken to someone else who went to yet another counsellor and was disappointed with her attitude and lack of actual counselling at the meetings as well.
So perhaps they are under too juch pressure to make a profit and lose something on the way. Also perhaps the training isn't as good as originally.

Anyway you are so right looks like your recent weight loss has been down to you so no reason why you shouldn't continue with Kee products and the help of the pixies and all the lovely people on the forum.

I like the weight control chocolate pudding and the hot chocolate drink and think yes they do taste of chocolate, not like proper chocolate admittedly but as good as some hot chocolate drinks you buy I think.
Most days I will have a hot chocolate about 9.30-10pm as this just satisfies me before thinking about bed.
It does mean that I often have 5 packs a day which makes it more expensive but better that than feeling deprived.
I normally have the pudding as a mousse as that just seems more chocalety to me and I prefer it to having a shake but I don't often make any of the flavours into shakes as I just prefer eating a mousse.
I don't bother with adding an egg as I didn't find that makes them any better for me.

i also just did not like the Total products but I guess this is all personal preference.

Let us know how your weigh in goes tonight and tell us when you have told your LL counsellor and how she was about it, just share that to get it off your chest.
Good luck
anniepannie
anniepannie

Back to top Go down

Post by travelgal Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:32 pm

Thanks, Anniepannie & Louise for your comments. I really do think that I will be fine moving on from Lighter Life. Now comes the hard part. I need to let my LL counsellor know. I don't know why I feel so guilty about this. Though she is a very nice person, our meetings have been really erratic because of bank holidays, problems with the meeting place, my travel for business and her own personal crises, which meant not having any full counselling sessions in almost 2 months. So clearly, the reason I have continued to lose weight has less to do with counselling, and more to do with my determination.

Did anyone happen to see the article in the Daily Mail yesterday about Lighter Life founder? The Mail really seems to have it in for LL, and I don't think they are entirely objective. But, they do make some salient points about the effectiveness of the counselling. The comments about the article tend to get me a bit angry. Yes, VLCDs are a bit extreme, but most people seem to miss the point that if food is an addiction, then the problem is not solved by simply eating less and exercising more. Getting away from food can be very helpful, and the quick weight loss is also very motivating.

I have another 8 to 9 stone to lose. It depends on how I look feel when I get closer to my goal. I am going to use my Wii Fitness board for my weigh-in from now on. It might not be as as exact as the scale at LL, but it will be consistent. I will also continue my weigh in on Monday evenings, as it was when I was attending meetings.

How are the chocolate shakes? Do they actually taste of chocolate?

travelgal

Back to top Go down

Post by anniepannie Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:19 pm

hi Travelgal
well done with 5st 2 lbs, that was just so great.
I also did LL a couple of years ago but unfortunately I put what I lost and more besides back on but that's me I really don't think it is anything to do with the VLCD priciple so you should be fine with Kee. I much prefer both Weight Control soups and shakes to LL and I found that the counselling with LL wasn't really there as there was never any time and although I moved from Foundation to Route to management I just found after that that the mettings we had just got depressing with evryone saying how they were struggling and mostly talked about food all the time. Just not what I wanted or needed and so costly for that.
So I find Kee really good because the pixies are always helpful and the support on the forum is lovely.

Do let us know how you are going as hopefully you have started now.
anniepannie
anniepannie

Back to top Go down

Post by Louise Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:57 pm

5 stones 2lbs!!!!!!!!!!
Well done Travelgal you are an inspiration!

I preferred the lighter life soups, but the shakes on Kee are nicer (I think!), and the porridge is good too.
I liked LL but struggled with the cost and felt that the counselling was really a support group with little input from my counsellor- they all have their own styles.

5,2 you must feel like a different woman! Enjoy your sucess! Smile

Louise
Louise
Louise

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2009-05-16

Back to top Go down

Post by travelgal Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:49 pm

Thanks for the welcome, Louise!

I lost 5 stone 2 pounds during foundation with Lighter Life. The main reason I am switching to Kee is the price. It is my hope that I can continue the loss without having the motivation of a weekly weigh in. I have set a series of short-term goals that I hope will keep me on the same path I started with Lighter Life.

I look forward to learning from those of you who have been on the diet for a while now, and sharing the journey with you!

travelgal

Back to top Go down

Post by Louise Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:28 am

Hi travelgal, wlcome. I did LL for 4 weeks! How did you get on with it?
Good luck on you Kee journey!
Louise
Louise

Back to top Go down

Post by travelgal Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:19 am

Hi All. I just finished Foundation on Lighter Life, and then I found out about the Kee Plan. I just bought a week's worth of products and will try it out. I was really happy with the results at LL, but if I can do the same thing at half the cost...well, that means more new clothes when I hit my target!

Are there any other former LLers out there?

travelgal

Back to top Go down

Post by anniepannie Sat May 23, 2009 11:52 pm

Hi all
Louise, it doesn't matter about the 5lbs, you don't know how much was the diff between am & pm & clothed or buff, some of it was probably still a loss & you have just done so well getting rid of those books you had on your body.

Ym, have posted on other topic but just want to say stop thinking about what's ahead just keep thinking about what you have achieved so far. i know it's difficult but it's the only way of staying sane I think.

Mind you this is from the person who lies in bed working out, If I lose so much a week, I can be such and such a weight by.. and of course this is never realistic.

I'm thinking abut trying the string with buttons or beads on that the pixies suggested with a bead for each lb lost. I think that might be motivational if I have to take more off because of silliness & gaining.

You are so right we will look great by Christmas won't we? and already our health has to have improved because they say just a stone can make a great difference to that.

Perhaps the long haul will give us time to get ourselves reeducated and you know how time flies when you are having fun. Laughing Laughing

a good day to all
anniepannie
anniepannie

Back to top Go down

Post by yummymummy09 Sat May 23, 2009 7:56 pm

Hi Ladies,

well i think i just qualify to be a member of this loose 6 stone club lol, i started at just under 16 stone (and at my heaviest i have been 16 and more), im pleased to say that i weigh 13 stone 13 this morning (weigh day isnt officially until Monday so im really trying for another pound), being 13 something today has made me feel absolutely brilliant, i havent been 13 stone something for a good few years now so im really motivated today!

I know it can seem like such a long journey when we have this amount of weight to lose but with this diet it seems to come off really quickly, its week 5 for me and im not even half way there but for the first time i feel like im really on my way. We can all do it, iv had a really bad week (time of the month) but yesterday i was so strict and today i feel even more determined. Imagine us in our slinky dress this christmas!!! All those comments, not having to worry about our health so much, there are so many positive reasons to do this.

Good Luck everyone.

YM09
yummymummy09
yummymummy09

Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2009-04-17

Back to top Go down

Looking to lose more than 6 stones? Empty ha

Post by Louise Sat May 23, 2009 7:32 am

ha Ann, 5lbs of the 26 was the difference between weighing at 7.30pm fully clothed and weighing at 7.30am "nakie"!
Still any loss is a good one and I certainly don't miss those 2 carrier bagfuls of books(or their equivalent).
Let's hope for good weather, it usually helps sunny Best of luck everyone
Louise
Louise

Back to top Go down

Post by anniepannie Sat May 23, 2009 5:39 am

Louise
I gave had trouble with my ticker but am hoping I've got it cracked this time, I had to start from scratch with a new one to get it to work.

I'm another one that had just under 6 stone to lose and unfortunatley I'm not nearly there yet., last week
But I am lighter than when I started & I think I might be back on track after my "slip", well downward headfirst rush really, last week.

Your weight loss is great isn't it when you total it, well done

Sophie you are doing so well, over halfway. well done
anniepannie
anniepannie

Back to top Go down

Looking to lose more than 6 stones? Empty Aaarh..... losing it

Post by Louise Sat May 23, 2009 4:54 am

Well you live and learn, the forum is great so why am I muddling it up?!
Lost my draft, lost my ticker.....
but it all keeps my mind out of the fridge x

Good to hear from you Yummy, Vakwi and Sophie
Look at you halfway there! I've got lots to lose but 6 stones at present seems enough to get my head round Arrow
Louise
Louise

Back to top Go down

Post by sophiejackson Thu May 21, 2009 3:33 am

Hi,

i had almost 6 stone to loose. at the moment i'm about 1/2 way there!!

it's easy to get distracted as the bigger you are the more you need to loose before all the compliments start flooding in to keep you motivated- but trust me they will!

just remember we're in it for the longhaul, but it's not like we all woke up one morning and were suddenly 6stone over weight! it took alot of extra food to get us here and i will take alot of milkshakes to get to where we want to be. but with a little effort we WILL ALL GET THERE!!!

... oh and of course it's a great excuse to go shopping!! still trying to get my head around having to buy down a size and not up one each time i get new trousers Smile

good luck everyone!!!!!

sophiejackson

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2009-04-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanda Wed May 20, 2009 6:42 am

Hi Louise

I'm on day 5 myself want to lose 5 stone, had lost 4 1/2 stone with slimming world but fell off the wagon and put some back on - but hey ho still 3 stone lighter!

I considered LL but when I looked into it this looked like a better bet with no faffing around.

Best of luck.

Vanda
Vanda
Vanda

Number of posts : 22

Back to top Go down

Looking to lose more than 6 stones? Empty well done

Post by Louise Wed May 20, 2009 6:07 am

Good work, Yummymummy, you're an inspiration! Surprised
Louise
Louise

Back to top Go down

Post by yummymummy09 Mon May 18, 2009 7:35 pm

Hi Louise,

& welcome, we are a friendly group and we support each other through thick and thin so i hope we can help you too.

You could shed that six stone for Christmas, this plan is really good, if you stick to it and get your body into keytosis then the cravings stop, but you probably know all this from reading the other posts.

Well let us know how you get on, i lost another 3 pounds today thats 20 pounds in 4 weeks.

xx chat soon xx
yummymummy09
yummymummy09

Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2009-04-17

Back to top Go down

Looking to lose more than 6 stones? Empty Looking to lose more than 6 stones?

Post by Louise Mon May 18, 2009 10:44 am

This will be a life plan for some time. Friends welcome, started on LL and reckon this suits me better, nice friendly forum too.
Come on folks all we have to lose is you know what! cheers
Louise
Louise

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down