THE KEEDIET STORE ~ www.thekeediet.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Intro kb76slimmer
Magpie's Journey EmptySat Jun 20, 2015 9:26 pm by Kb76slimmer

» NEW VLCD BARS AND PIZZA WAFERS
Magpie's Journey EmptyThu Apr 02, 2015 7:57 pm by KeeSupport

» VLCD - BACK IN STOCK
Magpie's Journey EmptyWed Mar 11, 2015 11:36 pm by KeeSupport

» KeeDiet Soup Price Reduction
Magpie's Journey EmptyThu Feb 19, 2015 9:05 pm by KeeSupport

» Exante Diet Shake Review
Magpie's Journey EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 1:36 am by KeeSupport

» Keediet newbie - day 3 on rapid- anyone else out there?? it seems quiet.
Magpie's Journey EmptyMon Feb 02, 2015 7:47 pm by KeeSupport

» Slimmer Mikey's Blog(s) 2015
Magpie's Journey EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 1:38 am by KeeSupport

» NEW READY DIET MEAL - ADD TO THE KEEDIET STORE
Magpie's Journey EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 4:38 am by KeeSupport

» KEEDIET - VLCD SALE
Magpie's Journey EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 4:34 am by KeeSupport

Magpie's Journey

+4
Vashti
katyjay
pathurry2000
Magpie29
8 posters

Go down

Magpie's Journey Empty Re: Magpie's Journey

Post by Juliemarie Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:52 am

Me too, I've been wondering where you've been and how you're doing?
Julie X
Juliemarie
Juliemarie

Number of posts : 275
Registration date : 2010-01-13

Back to top Go down

Post by sazabaza Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:15 pm

Hi Magpie,

Hope your doing ok x x
sazabaza
sazabaza

Number of posts : 297
Registration date : 2010-02-25

Back to top Go down

Magpie's Journey Empty Week Eight

Post by Magpie29 Sun Mar 28, 2010 1:53 am

Week Eight: 240lbs. Two pounds gone this week.

Not huge, but that's okay as measurements are down by another three and a quarter inches, including one inch off the bust (thank you!) and another quarter inch off the upper arm. I'll say it again - weight training is a wonderful thing. Nothing is shifting off the waistline, though, so I definitely need to do some aerobic work. I'm looking into Vashti's advice to use a riding bra to conrol the bazoomas, and in the meantime I plan to take my trainers into work and do some running up and down the staff staircase.

Still feeling good, lots of energy, and total lack of desire for any of the junk I used to crave. We always have biscuits and sweets in the office and I love being able to walk past them all day and not be tempted, even slightly, to pick something up. I never thought I'd see the day when that would happen.

Hope everyone has a brilliant week! Very Happy

Magpie
xx
Magpie29
Magpie29

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2010-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Magpie29 Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:00 am

Thanks for your replies Sarah and Vashti. I've had a look at those riding bras on ebay, and they look really good. I have a colleague who rides so I'll ask her about where to go locally.

Hope you're both having a good week. Very Happy

Magpie
xx
Magpie29
Magpie29

Back to top Go down

Post by sazabaza Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:01 pm

Congrats Magpie, on losing another well deserved pound, it all counts in the end!!

And it shows that you have lost inches rather than weight which is always good Smile

I have lost my double chins *yay* it is rather good idea to measure your neck, I may do the same...

Keep up the good work hun x x
sazabaza
sazabaza

Back to top Go down

Post by Vashti Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:31 pm

Hi Magpie,

I have the same problem with boobs thinking they are baseballs! I am going to get a riding bra as riding, especially trotting pulls my straps down! Some great designs, holds boobs tight in, and have crossover sports backs, so shoulder straps cannot go anywhere! Go to your nearest tack shops and try some on, meanwhile have a look at ebay, a seller has two sorts on there you can have a deco at. Good luck
Vashti
Vashti

Number of posts : 221
Registration date : 2009-07-01

Back to top Go down

Magpie's Journey Empty Week Seven

Post by Magpie29 Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:30 pm

Week Seven: 242lbs. One more pound gone. Not a big loss, but after 10 days on a plateau I'm grateful to have taken a single step down the other side.

Very busy week, and no time to do Saturday's update until Tuesday. I did manage to get the tape measure out, though, and found I'd lost a total of two and three-quarter inches from various parts of my anatomy, including half an inch from around my neck (yes, I measure my neck!) and another quarter inch from the upper arm. I'm ridiculously pleased about those little changes! One of the things I hate most about being overweight is how my face and neck have puffed up. Other people say my face looks slimmer; I can't see it yet myself but when I wash my face I think I can feel my cheek and jaw bones a bit more easily. Upper arms are always a problem - but blimey the weight training makes a difference. You should see my muscles now! Definitely firmer!

Really need to do some aerobic training to prepare for the Race for Life, but I still can't face going out to run in public. There isn't a sports bra in creation that stops my bosom behaving like two ferrets in a sack if I so much as run for a bus. bounce bounce I'll have to think of something soon. Any suggestions gratefully received.

Have a good week everyone. Very Happy Hoping for a good result next Saturday.

Magpie
xx

PS Realise I haven't updated my ticker - I'm at work and can't log on to the site on this computer. I'll do it at home later.

Last edited by Magpie29 on Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:35 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : To add a PS)
Magpie29
Magpie29

Back to top Go down

Post by sazabaza Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:32 am

Hello Magpie,

Oooh well done on losing so much so far Smile

It is nice not having to think about what to have next or to weigh it out etc.... just eating my bar now ..... mmmm yummy!!

I am not gonna let it deter me, I have done this diet before so I know what to expect, I lost 4 stone last year on Cambridge, and didnt put much back on over Christmas, so I am going for the finish now tongue

Hang in there hun, you can do it!!

Sarah x x
sazabaza
sazabaza

Back to top Go down

Post by Magpie29 Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:17 pm

Good Morning Sarah

Yes I do have a ticker - 35lbs lost so far, but only 23 of them on the Kee plan, I managed to do 12 under my own steam just by cutting out junk food! I'm not the most domesticated of women, and after a day at work the last thing I wanted to do was stand in the kitchen chopping stuff! It was just too easy to nip into Iceland and pick up something to nuke in the microwave. That's what I love about the Kee diet - no need to think much about shopping and cooking.

Yeah, third week's a b**ch, I didn't lose a thing. Grit your teeth and stick with it, the scales will move again soon. Afraid my scales are stuck at the moment, though, as I've hit the dreaded plateau. No change for the last 9 days! Very frustrating, but I'm hanging on in there.

Good luck this week! sunny

Magpie
xx
Magpie29
Magpie29

Back to top Go down

Post by sazabaza Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:54 pm

Morning Magpie, I live by the Maypole and work in Five Ways, what a small world Very Happy

I am doing well I think, not going to have a major loss this week as I feel rather sluggish and it always slows down by the third week.

How are you doing? Do you have a ticker? How much have you lost so far?

Sarah x x
sazabaza
sazabaza

Back to top Go down

Post by Magpie29 Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:12 am

Hi Julie and Sarah

Hope this week is going well for you both so far. I know it can be very de-motivating when the weight loss slows down. I've always been weak and given up when the going got slow, but this time I know I have to keep on. Got my long term health to think about as well as appearance, and that really matters a lot when you get to a certain age! I see women around who are not much older than me, and they're really sick-looking and doddery - do not want to end up like that. affraid

I'm in South Brum too Sarah. Live in Acocks Green, work in Kings Heath. Whereabouts are you?

Have a successful week, both of you, and everyone else. Happy Weigh In Day! sunny

Magpie
xx
Magpie29
Magpie29

Back to top Go down

Post by sazabaza Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:36 pm

Morning Magpie,

Where in Birmingham are you? I am in South Birmingham..... Very Happy

Sarah x x
sazabaza
sazabaza

Back to top Go down

Post by Juliemarie Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:31 am

Hi Magpie

You are doing amazingly well hon! That's fantastic - WELL DONE sunny

We need to stick in there together and keep plodding along.....I'm finding it harder at this stage, I think the initial excitement at the quick weightloss has worn off yet there still seems to be a long way to go...however I need to remember that this is still WAY quicker (and easier) than any other time I've tried before.

So hats off to you, stick in there and we WILL do this, together. Here's to another successful and lighter week!

Love Julie X
Juliemarie
Juliemarie

Back to top Go down

Magpie's Journey Empty Thank You Mora

Post by Magpie29 Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:34 pm

Hi Mora,

Thanks for your very kind words. I hope you're settled into your chosen plan and doing well this week.

I haven't had any problem with loose skin - at least, not yet. I think a lot depends on your skin type; I've always had quite oily skin on my face, so I suppose the rest must be of the same type, and it seems to be shrinking to fit. Upper arms are always the danger spot, especially when you're of a certain age, so I'm doing a lot of weight training to target the arms. I don't go to a gym, just have a set of hand weights and work out at home. Weights are brilliant for raising your metabolism as well as changing shape. If you're interested, I recommend a book called 'Strong Women Stay Young' by Dr Miriam Nelson. study It gives detailed instructions on what exercises to do, and is very motivating.

As for energy, I've got more than I've had for donkey's years! bounce

All the best for this week!

Magpie
xx
Magpie29
Magpie29

Back to top Go down

Post by Mora Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:07 am

Magpie29, you're over a third of the way to your target! Congrats and well done! cheers

How are you finding the weight loss on your body? I was dreading having loose skin and stretch marks but a friend of mind halved her body weight and doesnt have that issue (wee crinkle by her arm pits is all).

Do you find you have more energy as well?

You're a real inspiration and I look forward to the day when you post you have reached your target. It just goes to show we CAN do anything we set our minds (and bodies) to. Especially with ladies like you lighting the way with hope. flower
Mora
Mora

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2010-03-11

Back to top Go down

Magpie's Journey Empty Week Six

Post by Magpie29 Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:37 pm

Week Six: 243lbs. Another 5lbs down the Swanee! cheers

It's been a pretty good week all round. As a member of the Civil Service union I was on strike on Monday and Tuesday bounce , and I don't work Fridays, so it was only two days chained to the desk this week. (I hate my job - does it show?) And on Thursday I had my hair done after work. It's been ages since I had a cut; it's only because of losing some weight and feeling better about myself that I could finally pluck up the confidence to go and sit in front of that big mirror. Very pleased with the result. You know what they say about going grey gracefully? Well, sod it! I'm off the buy some colour.

Got home after the hairdresser's and felt an irrestible urge to keep my MP3 playing and have a boogie around the living room. I have jolly songs on it, in the hope they will cheer me up on the way to and from work. So picture it - a large, middle-aged Civil Servant groovin' on down to S Club 7, and then showing my age by doing the twist (!) to Shania Twain. (Great exercise, the twist - Chubby Checker lost stones with it.) Anyway, nobody could see me, and I had fun!

Hope everybody here has a fantastic week! Very Happy

Magpie
xxx
Magpie29
Magpie29

Back to top Go down

Post by Juliemarie Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:05 am

Mag, you make me giggle too with your observations!
I'm off to have a bath and cut my toenails tonight I think, just to remind me how far I've come!!
Keep going hon!
Julie X
Juliemarie
Juliemarie

Back to top Go down

Magpie's Journey Empty hi magpie!!

Post by pathurry2000 Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:07 am

admin said they weren't going to sell the water flavours anymore as they had bad feedback ferom them, but they said you can drink flavoured water with malic acid in it (not citric acid) they sells these in sainsburys and iceland, they are a bit sweet for me, but i put water with them and it makes it more pallitable for me, good luck pat x Very Happy
pathurry2000
pathurry2000

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2010-02-01

Back to top Go down

Magpie's Journey Empty Thanks Katy

Post by Magpie29 Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:12 am

Thanks for the encouragement Katy! cheers

It must be tough for you going back to work on top of everything else. I see a lot of my colleagues trying to balance home and work, and I know it can be stressful. Hope you've got plenty of support, and that you get enough sleep! Sleep

Keep drinking the water - I'm lucky that I've always enjoyed having plenty of water, but I sympathise with those who don't like it so much. Have you tried any of the Kee water flavours? I was going to get some but they were out of stock last time I looked.

Yes, the bathwater thing is just great! Another thing I just noticed is that toe nail clipping is so much easier!

Have a good week. I hope your weigh in goes well and that life calms down a bit!

Mag
xx
Magpie29
Magpie29

Back to top Go down

Post by katyjay Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:02 am

OMG you just made me cry laughing!

I can sit in the bath without wedging myself in now too, such a small things makes a real difference doesnt it?!!!! Laughing Oh to be able to have water flowing around my hips hee hee!!!

Well done, glad you have found your mojo again, long may it continue! I've had a very stressy week, busy as hell in work, baby cut her first tooth and my Mum moved flat so i'm zapped of all energy and havent been drinking enough.....smack my (rapidly decresing) bum!! not looking forward to weigh in in the morning, boo

Katy xx

katyjay

Number of posts : 175

Back to top Go down

Magpie's Journey Empty Week Five

Post by Magpie29 Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:10 pm

Week Five: 248lbs. Another 5lbs gone; back on track. Very Happy

A much, much better week. The Kee Lite plan seems to suit me well so I'll stick to it, at least for the foreseeable future. Got my energy back so I've stepped up the exercise regime, which I'm really enjoying. bounce I've done two workouts with hand weights this week, plus three sessions of 100 step-ups and 100 abdominal crunches - sounds a lot but it's not so hard when you have one of those crunch gizmos with the headrest. The Race for Life training on the mini-trampoline didn't go so well because you can't do a normal running action so it hurts the legs rather a lot; hopefully doing more brisk walking will help.

Three great thing about this week:
1. My work trousers were literally falling off me so I had to go down a size.
2. Learned that making the shake mixes into puddings is a good idea.
3. I can sit in the bath and the water has room to flow on either side instead of being dammed up behind my giganto-ass! Only an inch of clearance so far but it's a start.

Here's to another good week for everyone,

Magpie cheers
Magpie29
Magpie29

Back to top Go down

Magpie's Journey Empty Week Four

Post by Magpie29 Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:10 am

Week Four: 253lbs. No loss but no gain either, and I'm happy with that as I thought I might have really loused things up this week!

After last week's re-emergence of hunger I carried right on feeling hungry all weekend, and on Monday the old siren song of crusty bread made itself heard again. Oh dear - one french stick later I was feeling bloated, tired and really, really pi**ed off with myself. Tuesday morning managed to grab back some control and decided if FMRP is too much for me then I'd have some food each day aswell. I thought I was doing Etiquette 1, but after looking at the Kee site again I realise I'm actually doing Kee Lite.

I think the lesson I've learned from this hiccup is that I feel so much better on the diet than off it. After the bread incident I felt physically rotten, and since re-establishing the diet I feel better again, and with a much improved mood too.

Hoping to see a few more pounds off next week.

Magpie
Magpie29
Magpie29

Back to top Go down

Magpie's Journey Empty Thanks Cat

Post by Magpie29 Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:52 pm

Hi Cat,

Thanks for your message of support last week. Sorry I haven't responded until now, but it's been a mixed week and I've been dithering about whether or not to keep up with the diet - the usual self-sabotage scenario! Anyway, it turns out I haven't done any damage and have maintained last week's weight - that's a relief, I was afraid I might have gained half a stone back.

So, I'm taking up your advice and having one ordinary meal a day, which works much better on work days because having something like chicken and salad at lunchtime keeps me going through the afternoon better.

Thanks again! Onwards!

Magpie
Magpie29
Magpie29

Back to top Go down

Post by Cat Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:38 pm

Hi Magpie

3 pound loss - that is actually very good and about what most people lose on their third week so please be happy :-)

I am on my second wave of the plan 4 stone off before and now 2 more to go (more or less) I do EQ1 and always have right from the beginning. I find that it works well and if you can manage a small amount of food without feeling the need to binge then I say "go for it" you might find it motivates you better.

I love the bars, especially the new one, and I have been eating one a day every day that I have been on the plan. I eat them at work for lunch - it doesn't make me feel so freaky when everyone else is eating. My team at work tend to eat at their desks (not working though), I do meet my husband every day at lunch time. I used to eat with him but now eat my bar before and then get a coffee.

I think that maybe I am having slightly too much protein, veg and milk but its working for me.

Anyway I have been back on it since Tuesday and have lost 7 pounds, despite having stitches in my thumb yesterday - took a lot of will power to not have wine last night to make myself feel better!!!

sorry I see to have hijacked your space - but I wanted to let you know that I think that you are doing great - keep going.

Cat

Cat

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2009-06-13

Back to top Go down

Magpie's Journey Empty Week Three

Post by Magpie29 Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:19 pm

Week Three: 253lbs. Another 3lbs lost, which is a bit disappointing. Still, a loss is a loss, and I know what went wrong so I can guard against it happening again.

It hasn't been an easy week. I started to feel hungry again early on in the week, and by Thursday I was so ravenous I had to eat some proper food, so picked up a pack of pork chops on the way home and had half on Thursday evening and half last night. Could have been worse - could have been bread! The only difference between this week and last has been the addition of bars. Having done LL before, I used their rule of no bars in the first week as they can delay ketosis. I think adding bars this week has booted me out of ketosis and made me hungry. I guess some people are just more carb sensitive than others, and I must be one of them. So, no more bars, for the time being at least. Fortunately I really like the fruit drinks, so I can have one of those as my sweet treat in the evening. Looks like I have a tough weekend ahead getting back into ketosis, but nil desperandum, the important thing is not to give up - like I did when this same thing happened on LL and my counsellor didn't believe I hadn't cheated! Next week I'll be bouncing again.

And speaking of bouncing - this week I put in my entry for the Race for Life! I've got a 10 week training plan but can't face taking myself out on training runs where people can see me, so I'll be training indoors on my mini trampoline - hope I don't break it. bounce

Magpie
Magpie29
Magpie29

Back to top Go down

Magpie's Journey Empty Beetroot

Post by Magpie29 Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:46 pm

Hi Pat,

I think beetroot probably comes into the same category as potatos, carrots, swede, etc. Anything we eat that comes from below ground is generally high in starch. I think onions have quite a lot of natural sugars in them too. Hope that helps.

Magpie
Magpie29
Magpie29

Back to top Go down

Magpie's Journey Empty hi!!! can anyone!

Post by pathurry2000 Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:57 am

hi can anyone tell me why we cant have beetroot as veg, and also can we have onions i know we have to be careful with spring onions but what about ordinary onions, pat Razz
pathurry2000
pathurry2000

Back to top Go down

Magpie's Journey Empty Thanks Katy

Post by Magpie29 Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:46 pm

Hi Katy, and thanks for your kind words. Yes, I do feel very bouncy! bounce

I hope you do well during your family visit - sounds like it could be tough, but keep an image of those skinny jeans and slinky dresses you'll soon be wearing firmly in mind!

I know what you mean about feeling in control. When I did Slimming World, it seemed that even if you stuck to the plan 100% there was still no certain outcome - you could be fantastically good all week and not lose an ounce. With Kee, you know that if you do it, the fat will come off. The other great thing for me is not having to think about menus or shopping or cooking at all - I'm very undomesticated, so I just love being free of all that!

Best of luck next week. Let us know how you get on.

Magpie
Magpie29
Magpie29

Back to top Go down

Magpie's Journey Empty Wow!

Post by katyjay Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:31 am

Well done you, thats a fantastic loss!

You sound so positive and happy, thats great to hear

I know what you mean about wanting to eat out of habit, the times I get bored and my mind leads me to the kitchen!

I'm loving this diet too, I can tolerate most of the products and its nice being able to cook with them for a bit of variety. I think why I like total meal replacement diets is that I feel so in control, everything is exact and I like that cos i'm a bit of a control freak, anything like diet clubs I don't feel in control do I wander off in my own direction and end up failing every time. Once I get rid of the weight there will be no greater motivation to keep it off than feeling slim and healthy!

I'm visiting my Mum for 5 days, seeing loads of family and friends, lunches out etc, its bloomin torture but I keep telling myself it will be worth it in the end, sigh, lead me to the Harvester Shocked

Katy x

Last edited by katyjay on Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:36 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling mistake)

katyjay

Back to top Go down

Magpie's Journey Empty Week Two

Post by Magpie29 Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:32 pm

Very Happy Week Two: 256lbs. That's 10lbs lost - result! I'm a lean, mean, fat-burnin' ketosis machine! cheers

The first week hasn't been as tough as I'd thought it might be. I was a bit light headed and spacey the first couple of days but haven't suffered too much hunger. Did the first four days as EQ1, then went on to FMRP, which hasn't been hard hunger-wise, although I've found myself wanting to eat out of habit. Keeping hands busy helps.

On the products side, it's a bit of a mixed bag. Leek soup is nice, spicy tomato foul! I like the taste of the shakes, but hate the sensation of drinking foam. I mostly make them up as muffins. Fruit drinks are good.

On the whole though, I'm absolutely delighted about finding the Kee Diet, and thanks to everyone on the forum for being so supportive.

What has struck me most about the past week is that it has been so much easier on an emotional level than I'd expected. Having been overweight for a long time, and largely for emotional reasons, I thought this diet would bring all sorts of personal demons out of the closet. Maybe it's a side effect of ketosis, but I've felt fine - energetic, cheerful, far better than I've ever felt on a standard diet. It's a bit staggering to think 'I can do this' and not have any doubts about it, or any urge to self-sabotage as I've done before. Early days, but long may this feeling continue.

Good luck and best wishes to everyone here.

Magpie
Magpie29
Magpie29

Back to top Go down

Post by Vashti Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:47 am

Hi Magpie,

Well done on joining Kee, I'm on along journey too, broke for Xmas, still trying to get through those first three days! Ridiculous as I know I can do it, does get harder the older you are too, 45 and counting. Need a good kick. Dying for weather to warm up abit as so much to do in garden and feel so cold on this, it's getting in way of me getting properly into it, and without getting into ketosis, I'm just stagnating instead of progressing.

Can't wait for your 1st weigh in, does help as a morale booster and keeps the motivation going, cross with myself for 'messing around' Evil or Very Mad

Hope I'll soon be able to get my ticker moving again and start to feel better again, foods the skinnies take for granted, just make me feel sluggish and as Katy said, it shows you can live well without the carbs and quantity that most people consume.

Keep it up Magpie, keep us posted!
Vashti
Vashti

Number of posts : 221
Registration date : 2009-07-01

Back to top Go down

Post by katyjay Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:38 am

Hi hun

Glad you liked the first product, off to a good start!

I was a nightmare with bread too, I don't think what I ate was a problem, yes I ate junk but not constantly, I think it was the sheer volume of what I was eating (and 2 pregnancies in 4 years) that just made me stick at 240lbs! I'm on week 4 now, 22lbs down and I feel great. I'm 5ft 11 so to get to a BMI of 23 I need to lost 70lbs to get down to 170lbs, anything else is a bonus!

Once you go on a diet like this, you realise how little you can survive on, yes you'll miss food but its the habit of it more than anything. I love the variety of the WC products and the fact you can 'cook' them to make cookies\crisps\biscuits. I know if I can survive on this i'll be able to survive on a diet that isnt packed full of carbs after I finish

Good luck, look forward to seeing your progress

Katy x

katyjay

Back to top Go down

Magpie's Journey Empty Nice to meet you

Post by Magpie29 Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:45 am

Hi Pat,

Thanks for your reply. It's good to know there is someone of the same age and whose journey is going to be similar to mine. I want to get down to 154lbs. I'm 5'7 and quite a strong build, so that would be a good weight for me. I've never been dainty! Like you say, if we are determined and stick to it, we can do it.

Had my first Kee product, the Pina Colada flavoured fruit drink, and it was really nice.

Hope you have a great week!

Magpie

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wm3l5qP/]
Magpie's Journey Weight
[/url][url]
Magpie29
Magpie29

Back to top Go down

Magpie's Journey Empty hi

Post by pathurry2000 Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:02 am

hi mags, your story was more or less parallel to my own, i've got a little bit less than you to lose, 225.4 and i wanna get down to 140, and my job is far from boring, but very stressful and i tend to miss meals and fill up on junk, and like you joined LL to expensive and like you say the meetings wern't helpful, so here we are, i've only been on this since tuesday and am still struggeling with it, but i'm determined to keep on with it, as the somments on here are spurring me on, and i use this forum as like diet buddies, because someone always comments on your comment and they are really supportive, also the people that run kee are fantastic, if i leave a message they get back more or less straight away, and any questions or concerns you have they will go through it with, you, so good luck, and if feel like some support this is the place to come,onwards and upwards girl, pat xx Laughing
pathurry2000
pathurry2000

Back to top Go down

Magpie's Journey Empty Magpie's Journey

Post by Magpie29 Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:12 pm

Hello Everybody,

I want to use this thread as a journal of my weight loss journey, but I'd welcome any input, comments, tips too. I'm 55 years old and have had a weight problem for most of my adult life, mostly because I comfort eat and eat when stressed. My weight has reached its highest over the last 6 years, while I've been working in a sedentary job in the Civil Service - it doesn't help that I hate the job and am bored out of my mind most days either - enter the comfort junk food. I did Lighter Life a few years ago but didn't last long due to the cost and also the meetings, which I thought were a waste of time. The group leader, supposedly qualified to deliver Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, was just reading out of a file, and the meetings ended up being no more than a chit-chat. I didn't think I needed to pay money to hear a bunch of women chatting about their weight! Found the Kee Diet whilst surfing the net for some kind of solution - I was seriously considering taking out a loan for surgery at that point - and here we are.

Week 1: I weigh 266lbs today, having managed to lose 12lbs under my own steam since Christmas. There have been a few lapses over the last month or so, mostly when I get tempted by bread or other baked products. I think I may be wheat intolerant or something, because I often crave bread and can go completely barmy once I start eating it (I've been known to finish a whole french stick in one day), but then feel absolutely awful afterwards with bloating, heartburn, sleeplessness & depression. I've had no bread for the last two weeks and feel so much better. Can I keep it up?

Well, by big box of Protikee products arrived nice and early this morning, so today is the first day of the next stage of my life. I feel excited and optimistic right now. I know I've got a long, long way to go, but I can do it this time. I plan to do Etiquette 1 for the next week as I have some suitable food in the fridge so may as well use it, and also to ease in to the full replacement stage. We'll see what next Saturday's weigh-in brings!

To anyone reading who thinks I've rambled on at great length - sorry about that, but it's been good to get my thoughts and feelings down. I plan to post here weekly with a progress report - for my own encouragement - but if I can encourage somebody else too, that would be great.

Good luck to everyone,

Magpie
Magpie29
Magpie29

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down