THE KEEDIET STORE ~ www.thekeediet.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Intro kb76slimmer
chewing gum ? EmptySat Jun 20, 2015 9:26 pm by Kb76slimmer

» NEW VLCD BARS AND PIZZA WAFERS
chewing gum ? EmptyThu Apr 02, 2015 7:57 pm by KeeSupport

» VLCD - BACK IN STOCK
chewing gum ? EmptyWed Mar 11, 2015 11:36 pm by KeeSupport

» KeeDiet Soup Price Reduction
chewing gum ? EmptyThu Feb 19, 2015 9:05 pm by KeeSupport

» Exante Diet Shake Review
chewing gum ? EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 1:36 am by KeeSupport

» Keediet newbie - day 3 on rapid- anyone else out there?? it seems quiet.
chewing gum ? EmptyMon Feb 02, 2015 7:47 pm by KeeSupport

» Slimmer Mikey's Blog(s) 2015
chewing gum ? EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 1:38 am by KeeSupport

» NEW READY DIET MEAL - ADD TO THE KEEDIET STORE
chewing gum ? EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 4:38 am by KeeSupport

» KEEDIET - VLCD SALE
chewing gum ? EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 4:34 am by KeeSupport

chewing gum ?

+2
snackattack
jade4288
6 posters

Go down

chewing gum ? Empty Re: chewing gum ?

Post by slimmingagain Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:49 am

Thanks for the reply re chewing gum. Got the same in the email.
I never chew after the taste is gone anyway so well relieved! Will stock up on the mint gums for that daily fix.

Gareth, that's fantastic - 4st in 3 months! Did you manage to maintain this loss?
I'm struggling with the chocolate pudding/mousse, literally forcing it down with the water. Other than that always ready for a shake/bar/soup but of course it's early days for me yet. The headache is now gone, hopefully for good.
Good luck to you this time round.

slimmingagain

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2010-01-15

Back to top Go down

chewing gum ? Empty Chewing Gum

Post by Admin Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:25 am

Hi with a VLCD especially in the early days, the diet is about control and therefore it is recommended that you stick only to the products and water. We totally understand this is difficult and many of the tips given below are correct. Chewing constantly for some can reduce hunger for some, it can make you feel hunger, which won't help. There are some chewing gums out there which don't contain citric acid or have minimal carbs and we will look to put these in our Diet Accessories for you.

But it is recommended that you dont use gum especially if requiring to use FMRP for a long period of time because chewing constantly will release stomach acids which can cause errosion of the stomach wall or indigestion as you are eating no whole food as such.

If you are a chewer or you find that the occasional gum will help, we suggest that you only chew occasionally and whilst the gum has flavour. Once the gum has lost it's flavour, stop chewing and remove.

Use sparingly, make sure it is Sugar Free, generally the mint ones are okay ie Trident but the Fruit flavours contain citric acid. If you can read the small print, have a quick check.

Hope this has helped
flower
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 905
Registration date : 2008-11-01

http://thekeediet.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Gareth Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:32 pm

hi. ive just restarted on the kee plan having lost 4 stones on the lopotrim (very similar) plan a few years ago. it took me 3 months to lose and the feelings of hunger went away after about a week. that said the smell of fresh cooking was always a bit hard and tempting so using will power at times is a must. some days i had to force my self to drink the shakes because i just didnt fancy anything. if you are getting headaches then drink more water. the water is essential as now you are not eating you are missing a large amount that came from your food before. good luck and keep going

Gareth

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2010-01-17

Back to top Go down

Post by slimmingagain Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:19 am

It must be difficult to start again. I myself have never tried the food replacement before and have successfully lost weight twice just by eating very little + excersise but since my last pregnancy (and my little one is now 3 and a bit!!) nothing seems to work and I couldn't last on any diet for more than a few days. So this is a new page and day 3 for me though I was on cabbage soup diet until my Kee plan arrived so really coming to an end of week one tomorrow with a great result of -11lbs!

No food cravings for me but I've been feeling very weak, massive headache yesterday, feeling sick and unsocial. Really hope to feel better soon!

May I ask how long it took you to lose the 4 stone before and what plan were you on? And are you adding any food or just the shakes/bars, etc?

Kat

slimmingagain

Back to top Go down

Post by Cat Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:30 am

Hi

Sorry, some of us older dieters (that is older as in time dieting, not older in age ) call the support team, the Pixies - should have explained myself better.

Thanks for the kind words, trying to get through my first week of dieting since October really - finding it a little tough, keep thinking of eating and drinking stuff and keep having to talk myself out of it! My husband thinks I am mad due to the conversations that I am having with myself!!

Anyway, onwards and upwards - this is now day 4 and 7 pounds down so looking good

Good luck

Cat

Cat

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2009-06-13

Back to top Go down

Post by slimmingagain Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:39 am

Thank you for your replies.
Cat, I sent an email to Kee support on their website - don't know who the Pixies are... Embarassed It's good to hear that you still lost weight and so much as well! Really need inspirational stories like that to keep me going.
Will let you know what they say.
Kat

slimmingagain

Back to top Go down

Post by snackattack Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:05 am

There are 2 reasons for no chewy main 1 being it contains carbs and 2 the chewing action can cause u to feel hungry also not sure about what goes into if it has the likes of citric acid etc in it hope this helps xx
snackattack
snackattack

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2009-07-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Cat Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:55 am

Hi Kat

I know that chewing gum isnt on the list - but I was at one point, first time around, using it to help freshen my breath and it didnt stop me losing the 4 stone in a few months.

To be absolutely certain, can I suggest that you email the support team (The Pixies) for definitive advice, and I would be interested to know what they say :-)

Cat

Cat

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2009-06-13

Back to top Go down

Post by slimmingagain Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:38 pm

Hi,
I'm new to all this and only started the Kee Plan yesterday. Really shocked we can't have chewing gum?? I've already cut out diet coke and it might be too much for me to handle losing the chewing gum well. I only chew once/twice a day. Is there any specific type we can have or none at all?
Many thanks,
Kat

slimmingagain

Back to top Go down

Post by jade4288 Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:32 am

Aww neva Sad x
jade4288
jade4288

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2009-12-22

Back to top Go down

Post by snackattack Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:01 am

sorry jade no chewing gum xx
snackattack
snackattack

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2009-07-11

Back to top Go down

chewing gum ? Empty chewing gum ?

Post by jade4288 Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:05 am

are we allowed to chew gum because when i looked at the back of the pack theres carbs in them!!! and ive been so good reducing my carb intake under 20g but chewing gum in between as i smoke. does this mean tht it will affect ketosis :S ?X
jade4288
jade4288

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2009-12-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum