THE KEEDIET STORE ~ www.thekeediet.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Intro kb76slimmer
Slimmer Mikey's blog EmptySat Jun 20, 2015 9:26 pm by Kb76slimmer

» NEW VLCD BARS AND PIZZA WAFERS
Slimmer Mikey's blog EmptyThu Apr 02, 2015 7:57 pm by KeeSupport

» VLCD - BACK IN STOCK
Slimmer Mikey's blog EmptyWed Mar 11, 2015 11:36 pm by KeeSupport

» KeeDiet Soup Price Reduction
Slimmer Mikey's blog EmptyThu Feb 19, 2015 9:05 pm by KeeSupport

» Exante Diet Shake Review
Slimmer Mikey's blog EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 1:36 am by KeeSupport

» Keediet newbie - day 3 on rapid- anyone else out there?? it seems quiet.
Slimmer Mikey's blog EmptyMon Feb 02, 2015 7:47 pm by KeeSupport

» Slimmer Mikey's Blog(s) 2015
Slimmer Mikey's blog EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 1:38 am by KeeSupport

» NEW READY DIET MEAL - ADD TO THE KEEDIET STORE
Slimmer Mikey's blog EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 4:38 am by KeeSupport

» KEEDIET - VLCD SALE
Slimmer Mikey's blog EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 4:34 am by KeeSupport

Slimmer Mikey's blog

+2
Admin
slimmer mikey
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Slimmer Mikey's blog Empty Re: Slimmer Mikey's blog

Post by Annabelle Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:11 am

All the best Mikey!
Annabelle
Annabelle

Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2010-03-22

Back to top Go down

Slimmer Mikey's blog Empty Slimmer MIKE'S Blog

Post by Wendy Brew Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:55 am

What a positive note to finnish mike, congrats on sticking to it, keeping the focus. To say you may be back before Xmas shows you are determined to get there...hope the maintaining the loss is also your focus, sounds like you've made a plan.......Good luck with the dating scene..I wish you well.
Wendie x

Wendy Brew

Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2012-08-18

Back to top Go down

Post by slimmer mikey Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:38 am

Right then. that's me all done for now. Finish pics are up in the gallery. The main difference is the side on picture, the other 2 you have to look quite close to see the difference, it might be tricky to see both together. Actually, I might as well add a combined one.

Here's the stats.

Start weight 12st 4lb, finish weight 11st

Start belly 39 inches, finish belly 37 inches.

As you can see I'm hardly down to the six pack yet but it's a start, and it's not bad for about 3 weeks dieting with a couple of weeks break the middle!! A week from today I will be able to start back on some exercising (now my bad back is sorted out) and that will be for about the next 14 weeks. If I still have a belly after that I might do one more week of Protikee before Christmas, if I can fit it in.

Just regarding exercise once you have finished the diet - this is soooo important. I recommend doing something like P90X or Insanity. Insanity is excellent because you don't need any equipment whatsoever, you just leap about in front of the TV. I post on the P90X UK forum:

http://www.p90xukusers.co.uk/List-forums/

I am on there as michaelwx.
http://www.p90xukusers.co.uk/Round-2-and-beyond-including-hybrids/3739-Michaelwx-restart

Take a look at some of the pictures that show how people are getting on:

http://www.p90xukusers.co.uk/results-gallery

Some people on there have a fitness background, others are starting off for the first time. They are just ordinary people like you and me and they can do it, SO CAN YOU. Seriously, it's hard for the first few days but you do what you can and you get better. It's not about the starting point (either body or fitness level), it's ALL ABOUT THE IMPROVEMENTS.

So get your arses into gear and accept an Insanity or P90X challenge. Then you will really feel fit, slim and healthy.

And I wish more people would get on here and start blogging every day or so, it's such a great way to get motivation and support.

Anyways, enough preaching from me. I hope everybody gets on really well with their diet. It is in each and every one of us to be able to do this so dig deep for that determination and keep going. Just remember, it is making the effort on the hardest days when you feel like quitting that really mean the most of all.

slimmer mikey

Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2012-07-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Annabelle Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:22 pm

How lovely!

Well done you on completing your journey, i havent checked out the gallery yet, will do that later.

Im sure there will be a big difference, youve been so focussed

Annabelle
Annabelle

Back to top Go down

Post by slimmer mikey Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:02 am

Right, I've finished a day early. Basically, last night I got invited out for a trip today by someone I'm a bit sweet on, couldn't say no.

I did take some appropriate nibbles, but in the end it was better just to go with the flow today. And what a lovely day it was.

So, fairly sure I'm out of ketosis, and I have 3 sachets and a pack of wafers left (plus the 3 out of date shakes). I'm still going to have a cottage pie tonight with the last bit of cabbage.

I weighed in at 11st this morning which was my goal, so it's all good. I will do final weigh in and measurements tomorrow and take a picture to put in the gallery. I'm intrigued to see how different the beer belly will look.

I hope everyone had a great day. Keep up the good work everybody.

slimmer mikey

Back to top Go down

Post by Annabelle Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:42 am

im gonna write that down for the future weeks to come!! thank you
Annabelle
Annabelle

Back to top Go down

Post by slimmer mikey Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:57 am

I can handle doing this for a week or so at a time, no sweat. I have full admiration for all you longer term dieters.

Once you do reach your goal weight I whole heartedly recommend a week back on this diet if ever your weight goes back up a bit. The main thing, of course, is to make the effort once you are slimmer, making all this effort to lose weight is good but you are overweight for most of it. It makes far more sense to make the effort and be a slim at the same time, so keep working at your diet once you are back on normal food.

Just to repeat that little saying that really hit home to me:

Being fat is hard,
Losing weight is hard,
Staying slim is hard,
CHOOSE YOUR HARD

slimmer mikey

Back to top Go down

Post by Annabelle Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:28 am

almost the end of your journey, you must be pleased with yourself well done Smile
Annabelle
Annabelle

Back to top Go down

Post by slimmer mikey Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:09 pm

Wendy, it is so good that you are reaching your goals. It sounds like you've come through a lot and put your mind to making your life better for yourself. It sounds like your kids love you very much.

Right, that was the last porridge this morning. I don't think I would order them next time (if there is a next time that is). A day and a half left to go, although I do have 3 out of date choccy shakes which I am considering using on Tuesday. Tuesday night is back to regular food though, I have a friend coming round.

I'm roughly down at 11st this morning, we'll have to see on Tuesday where I'll end up. And it looks like I've lost a couple of inches around the tum, still feels like a lot of gut hanging over my belt though, but that might get better when the skin firms back up. It will be interesting to see the difference in the pictures. I will take them again on Tuesday and get them up in the gallery next to my start pics.

I hope everyone is having a good day and getting on alright with the diet.

slimmer mikey

Back to top Go down

Slimmer Mikey's blog Empty Slimmer Mike's blog

Post by Wendy Brew Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:35 pm

I totally agree, we should make the best of what we are, In not wanting to let myself get impossible hopes, I think it's a good thing to be pre warned IF there's no mirracle cure, then I'm still in a good place accepting that..
Not long to go now Mike, have you achieved ALL you wanted, I DO HOPE SO!
I will miss you from the Forum, as although it's clear I suspect that I can chatter/text on and on, you are full of information...and love your one liners,
AND one thing I will DEFINATELY take with me, to help me mentally, not only maintain my diet, but Life choices ... Can't count how many people I've already quoted it to. Not just on the forum, ...CHOOSE YOUR HARD ! .........My house is full of plaques
ECT, with pionient puns, clever one liners, I love them...
...........CHOOSE YOUR HARD..I WANT TO PUT UP!!
Note it's 2.33am I'm wide awake, Iseem to be on a total high....SO near to a goal I've wanted for TOO LONG....I can see in my mirror, the person I used to be..so very nearly there...putting the journey that seemed to be impossible whilst it was ahead of me...nearly over and completed and behind me...
BY ME, MYSELF AND I.........with help from my friends and co-conspirators .

Wendy Brew

Back to top Go down

Post by slimmer mikey Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:46 am

It is true that our bodies can show life's battle scars, and that's not a bad thing.

But one of the reasons for losing weight is to look better and feel sexier, so if there are things you can do that will help prevent some of the battle scars then it's not a bad idea.

The Nivea lotion is cheap, I got mine from Morrisons, so it's not a stupid price. I think cocoa butter and shea butter are good too. They keep the skin elastic, and basic brands can be cheap. And making sure you drink plenty of water massively helps as well.

Have a look around on google, you might find some more products that might help, but I'd be wary of spending too much cash if basic products are going to help.

slimmer mikey

Back to top Go down

Slimmer Mikey's blog Empty RE slimmer Mikey

Post by Wendy Brew Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:00 am

Blah blah blah, I've had four children, youngest c.section baggy tummy.. my beautiful daughter asked me
Would I rather my tummy back in shape...& no kids.....
OR tummy I've got ....& kids....WELL?????
Thing is to realise IF its not going to go back, you then will make choices THEN .I see it as LIFES BATTLE SCARS...
NOT that i was perfect to start with, BUT, IF the cream works GET ME SOME ..

Wendy Brew

Back to top Go down

Post by Annabelle Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:41 am

i had the cottage pie earlier, didnt like it! i do however like the chilli omnomnom

writing down nivea skin firming cream im sure ill need it!!

my friend has lost 7 stone in a year, she looks GOOD in clothes, out of them, her stomach is dreadful bless her it hasnt shrunk with her at all. i must admit that is one of my fears!!
Annabelle
Annabelle

Back to top Go down

Slimmer Mikey's blog Empty RE slimmer Mikey

Post by Wendy Brew Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:33 am

sounds like how my skin feels like a teddy with less padding. but it did before when i lost the 3 1/2 thats why i stopped for a while to walk and tone..I also am a cottage pie lover, with cabbage ''LOVELY''.

Wendy Brew

Back to top Go down

Post by slimmer mikey Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:21 am

Today is going OK. So looking forward to my cottage pie with cabbage, gonna try and wait another hour Smile

My tummy has gone really soft and wobbly at the minute, I'm sure if the skin was a bit tighter I'd look a bit trimmer. Patience is required, I have been using the Nivea firming body lotion but that takes a few days to do what little it will do, it will assist with the skin shrinking I suppose.

I am so keen to get back to doing exercise. The bad back has meant I've not done anything for well over a month, plus the type of things I do would not be possible on a VLCD like this, so I'm making the most of my bad back related downtime to get in a couple of weeks of Protikee. Anyway, I went ahead and did an hour long stretch routine this afternoon and it was lovely. I was careful with a few things due to my back, but other than that it was really nice to get stuff working a little bit again.

I'm going to hold off doing too much exercise for another week once I'm done with the shakes, then I've already got a two week warm up planned and I'm then tackling a really weights intensive program called Body Beast. It's not quite my thing so it makes it more of a challenge. I am very interested to find out if I can actually put a bit of muscle on!!!

Gosh. Really, really looking forward to my cottage pie.

slimmer mikey

Back to top Go down

Slimmer Mikey's blog Empty Re MIKEY's blog

Post by Wendy Brew Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:02 am

mike SOO near, you can't give up now,not that I think you would ..You've been dedicated to it.. I can nearly taste those nibbles of cheese..Can you see yourself your weight loss, good loss today, after bacon and sausage yesterday ..proving a little does you no harm.. KEEP IT UP, Thanks for ALL your good advice.

Wendy Brew

Back to top Go down

Post by Annabelle Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:46 am

ahhh amazing how some food inside us can lift our spirits, well done you for getting down to your last few pounds....not long to go and then SUCCESS cheers
Annabelle
Annabelle

Back to top Go down

Post by slimmer mikey Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:11 am

My quarter of a cabbage with my cottage pie was absolutely lovely. I'd eat that as a meal on a diet or not. Very nice. That leaves me 3/4 of the cabbage for my last 3 days.

Choccy wafer in a bit for pudding Smile

slimmer mikey

Back to top Go down

Post by slimmer mikey Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:21 am

slimmer mikey

Back to top Go down

Post by slimmer mikey Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:16 am

Still sticking with it. Had a few nibbles of cheese today.

Felt really lazy and lethargic today, not full of beans at all. I've got a cabbage to go with my cottage pie but I'm not sure it's one of the recommended veg. Had to go to the supermarket today, it's hard when you're doing this diet. So many tasty carb items on offer. Supermarkets are bad, constantly pushing bad food at you. And the thoughts of a MaccyDs or a Dominos have been in my head today. But, I must be strong, I've not got long left, only 3 days after today.

My weight took a bit of a drop this morning. It was hanging around 11st 4 or just above all week, it's gone down to 11st 1 this morning. We'll have to see of that is still the case tomorrow morning.

I hope everyone is doing OK today. If your struggling dig down deep and find that resolve to keep with it. Have a great Friday night everybody.

slimmer mikey

Back to top Go down

Slimmer Mikey's blog Empty MIKEYS BLOG

Post by Wendy Brew Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:55 am

Thank you,well explained, yes I'm on the VLCD, and just adding fresh veg. I'm in complete agreement we all need to do what feels right for ourselves, that way we will probably stay with it longer.. Although I'm not good at this posting blogging ect, I think this is far better than an LL meeting, I've been on the forum for one week and have more understanding and informative conversations ( albeit written ....poorly by me ) than in the 7/8 weeks I attended meetings there. I hope you enjoyed your sausage and bacon, I'm jealous.

Wendy Brew

Back to top Go down

Post by slimmer mikey Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:19 am

Ketosis is a result of restricting your intake of carbohydrates. You can eat protein and stay in ketosis. The Atkins diet is the most famous ketosis diet and that involves eating a lot of meat. As Annabelle has mentioned, eggs also contain no carbs so they won't interfere with ketosis either.

Protikee is different in that, if you do the full on version, you are doing a VLCD - very low calorie diet, so not only are you in ketosis but you are also on a very low amount of calories each day. When your body does not have enough calories coming in (calorie deficit) then it needs to get the required extra energy from what is already in the body. Unfortunately, even when you have loads of excess fat, the body does not only use up fat to find the extra energy, it also cannibalises muscle tissue. The advantage of going into ketosis is that helps the body to use up more fat and less muscle during a period of calorie deficit than it normally would.

You can eat bacon and sausage without any fear of coming out of ketosis, unless they are real nasty sausages full of rusk and you eat loads and loads of them. But because you are doing a VLCD, you don't really want to be pushing up your calorie intake much past 800 calories. So, some people might find it hard to just eat the occasional bit of bacon and sausage, it might sabotage their resolve. Again, it's what will work for you.

slimmer mikey

Back to top Go down

Post by Annabelle Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:07 am

if you follow the same lines as atkins, no sugar very low carbs, you can still eat protien. I know ppl that were on LL the same time as me that had a sneaky egg once a day without admitting it and they were fine
Annabelle
Annabelle

Back to top Go down

Slimmer Mikey's blog Empty RE MIKEY'S BLOG

Post by Wendy Brew Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:56 am

I hadn't got my glasses, so couldn't read what I was writing, but I've got them now,so sorry and thank you .I'm amazed you stay in ketosis eating sausage and bacon, I clearly don't understand it. I thought you put your system into a state just shy of starvation, forcing your body to use reserves ...

Wendy Brew

Back to top Go down

Post by Annabelle Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:37 am

sausages and bacon YUM!

sounds like you are managing your routine well Mikey, and your full of good advice (as is Wendy) so i have no doubt your going to smash it!

Annabelle
Annabelle

Back to top Go down

Post by slimmer mikey Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:11 am

Today started with a networking breakfast, I had a piece of bacon and a couple of sausages (3 actually as I snaffled one a bit later on). I'll check to see if I'm still in ketosis in a while, I can't imagine that I'm not, but I like to check. My 5 Protikee products only add up to either just over 600 or just over 700 calories (depending whether I eat both wafers in the packet), so that means I can make up the remaining 100 or so calories with some veg or something like sausage or bacon. I've maybe gone a bit over 800 today but that shouldn't be a problem.

Last night I found a box with a few chocky shakes, a cottage pie and a pack of wafers from ages ago, so I've got an additional day of stuff that I'm using up today. Some of them are out of date but I'm sure I'll live Smile So I'll be on the shakes now until the end of Monday.

slimmer mikey

Back to top Go down

Slimmer Mikey's blog Empty RE MIKEYS BLOG

Post by Wendy Brew Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:04 am

I need to say, I'm pretty dreadful on the computer, using of it a physically, but attempting to move it around this ( or any other forum).. its the first time on a forum, and writing a posting. Reason for stating this is Mikey mentioned writing something previously, I hadn't read, but clicking AROUND Iv'e found other postings........JUST A COMPUTER VIRGIN..SO please excuse my ineptitude . What a lot of waffle to say I'M Sh1te on ANY computer.

MIKEY I LOVE THAT, '' CHOOSE YOUR HARD '' ...

Thanks for explaining the SHAKES / DIET to me, I understand now.

Wendy Brew

Back to top Go down

Post by slimmer mikey Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:36 am

Hi Wendy. When I say "the shakes" I just mean Protikee. I'm actually on 1 porridge, 2 shakes, 1 cottage pie, 1 wafer.

As for why I go onto the 3 Day Diet meals, I explained in an earlier post. It's nothing more than an intermediate step for a couple of days or so from normal food to Protikee. Another reason is because 3 Day Diet food is cheaper than Protikee and it helps you get into ketosis faster once you start "the shakes", and as I only do Protikee for one or two weeks I want to spend as much of that time as poss in ketosis.

slimmer mikey

Back to top Go down

Slimmer Mikey's blog Empty Re,MIKEYS DIET

Post by Wendy Brew Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:13 pm

So does on the shakes mean, 4x shakes/vlcdmeals/bars ECT..? As I'm on the 4x Packet (pretend food )meals a day plan... I've not tried the meals ever, why would you go on them prior to the 4x plan ?

Wendy Brew

Back to top Go down

Post by slimmer mikey Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:36 pm

Thanks, I'm not quite out of the woods yet, there's still an issue and I have to carry on with the exercises, but unless it gets worse I don't need to visit the physio again.

Wendy - I'm not usually on a diet but I do normally try and eat fairly healthy. I do the 3 Day Diet meals for a few days before starting the shakes, that's all. This is my first revisit to the shakes since Nov 10.

One of my favourite meals just lately has been turkey mince with a tin of tomatoes and some seasoning (mustard seeds, Worcester sauce, chilli flakes, garlic powder, onion salt, mixed herbs). This lasts me four meals and I have it with wholemeal pasta and some peas, and some parmesan. I use a cup measure (as in the US measuring unit - you can buy sets of cups 1, 1/2, 1/3, 1/4 from the supermarket for about £2) as it's a bit quicker the weighing. Plus I track food using an online food diary like Fitday or MyFitnessPal. I often eat pretty much the same things for a few days so I don't have to monitor things everyday.

I think it's important to try and find healthy food that you enjoy eating, and resist the idea that you need to be giving yourself big meals. If you eat regularly throughout the day you don't get really hungry and then pig out.

slimmer mikey

Back to top Go down

Post by Annabelle Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:44 pm

Great news about you back! sounds like you'll b fighting fit AND super slim in no time !!
Annabelle
Annabelle

Back to top Go down

Slimmer Mikey's blog Empty RE MIKEYS BLOG

Post by Wendy Brew Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:56 pm

I've only been doing this diet for one week, intend to do three more, to loose 1.1/2stone. Please explain you say youre on a DIET sometimes and PROTOKIE other times ????? I'm confused! How much have you lost to date? You sound as though you've been on this diet before. Please resist mentioning FISH AND CHIPS AND PIZZA ECT, As it's making me very hungry....lol

Wendy Brew

Back to top Go down

Post by hawklans Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:27 am

That's great news Mikey

hawklans

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2012-05-22

Back to top Go down

Post by slimmer mikey Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:30 am

Right, that's another day done I'm just finishing my chocolate wafer as I type this.

I have had some good news today. I have had a bad back since the end of May. I have had back problems a few times before due to a prolapsed disc, and I assumed it was the same problem this time. After a few weeks of doing the stretches and exercises that usually help I was not getting any better so I've been back to see the physiotherapist. It turns out I had pulled a muscle in the bottom of my back rather than the disc issue and so I was given 5 different things to do to return the strength to my lower back and even both sides up. After my visit today I was told I don't need to see the physio again because everything is now moving like it should. Thank goodness for that, it been a painful and exhausting 3 months.

slimmer mikey

Back to top Go down

Post by slimmer mikey Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:19 am

Hmmm, maybe the packets could taste a bit flat when going straight from normal food. I have never done this. Anything from two to four days ahead of starting the Protikee I have always eaten from the Three Day Diet plan - you can google it. It's things like egg and soldiers, cottage cheese and Tuc, hot dogs with carrots and broccoli. The tuna meals are a bit horrible, one is tuna and a plain piece of toast. One of the breakfast is an apple and some cheese and Tuc biscuits and it is simply brill. Cheese and biscuits for brekky is well nice.

There's no milk and sugar in hot drinks etc., so it cuts some stuff a few days earlier, and the overall reduction in carbs means that ketosis starts quicker. My first week a few weeks ago I was in ketosis by the second morning of Protikee. It's a bit of an intermediate step I suppose, plus you get to eat lots of honeydew melon.

It's all going well so far this time. I actually feel lighter and like there is less of me and it's only been 2 days of this second week (plus 2 days of 3 Day Diet). I weighed in at 11st 4 this morning, so that's 6lbs gone already, and I have another six days to try and get to my target of 11st, maybe a bit below would be good so it settles back at 11st. (I still have six days because there's been the odd afternoon shake missed, and a porridge, so I have enough packetsvfor an extra day nearly).

I'm enjoying al the food as well, Maple porridge becomes nicer the more times you have it, chocky shakes are flawless and the cottage pie is so my type of thing anyway. Then a final treat of one chocky wafer that I eat really slowly and enjoy the sweet, salty flavour.

I hope everyone else is getting on OK too.

slimmer mikey

Back to top Go down

Post by hawklans Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:11 am

I really meant to catch that in I player but I'm sure it will appear somewhere soon. I think I might revisit the maple porridge, as I love maple flavour and maybe now I will be able to prepare it better after spending the time getting the normal porridge right.

At the moment I'm not finding any of the packs as tasty as they were before, I hope this changes over the next few days as my body forgets the quick high carb fix food I've been scoffing

hawklans

Back to top Go down

Post by slimmer mikey Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:20 am

Had the first of the maple porridge this morning. It is a bit nicer than the normal one. Plus I have learnt how to prepare it so it's nice. If you over-microwave the porridge it goes really thick and horrible and taste awful too.

I do 30 seconds, stir, 30 seconds, stir, 30 seconds, stir then go in 10 second intervals. You want it to start to thicken up but not for it go over and go really thick. This might help anyone else who is struggling with the porridge, you might be over cooking it like I was.

Mmmm, chocky shakes are as lovely as ever, and looking forward to the cottage pie later.

Did anyone catch the 'Eat, fast and live longer' episode of Horizon the other day which was about intermittent fasting? Very interesting, and in certain circles it is tipped to be the next big thing diet wise. And the health benefits seem rather good too. Check it out if you can. I think it's finished on iPlayer, maybe YouTube will have it???? The presenter of the show has adopted fasting for 2 days a week, the fast days can include a small meal of up to 500/600 cals for men, 400 for women, so a Protikee shake would be just the job.

slimmer mikey

Back to top Go down

Post by slimmer mikey Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:27 pm

Right, been away for a couple of weeks.

I had misjudged when August was starting, I thought I had another week until a friend came to stay. I finished using the Protikee on Sunday 29th as my friend arrived the next day. Then it was my birthday last week so I didn't want to be on the diet for that. So I had done a week and I think I went down to about 11st 8. I've eaten what I've wanted for the last couple of weeks but not gone mad and I've settled at about 11st 10. I'm quite pleased with that because it is an 8lb loss for just over a week of dieting.

However, 11st 10 doesn't look that different to 12st 4 when you look at the scales, it's a bit less than 12st rather than a bit more so, although it's pretty good, it doesn't feel like a massive change.

I've been eating 2 days of '3 day diet' food and I'm back on the Protikee for the second week as of tomorrow. I find the 3 day diet regime helps get me prepared for Protikee. I've actually got just over half my stuff left as I missed one or two meals last time. If I can shed another 8lbs this time then that would be excellent because the scales will be somewhere around 11st.

I hope everyone else is getting on OK. Bye for now.

slimmer mikey

Back to top Go down

Post by hawklans Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:57 am

That's good news. I'm having the cottage pie a lot myself, and like the porridge it can take a few goes till you get it how you like it

hawklans

Back to top Go down

Post by slimmer mikey Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:04 am

I think I've heard the beige thing too.

Five days in and it's still going well. Not had a headache or anything and I was only really hungry on the first couple of days. I'll wait until the first week is up until I get back on the scales.

I'm really enjoying the cottage pie, it hits the spot. I've found that microwaving the porridge for a shorter time to keep it a less thick is helping. I only have two of the original left then it's onto the maple.

So far so good. I hope everyone else is getting on OK.

slimmer mikey

Back to top Go down

Post by hawklans Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:41 pm

Hi Mikey, great progress so far. Agree about the chip shop food never being as nice as you think it will be, if I ever return to eating that sort of takeaway I will go to one of the premium ones, we have a couple round by us who make real chips etc.

I can't remember exactly who told me this so I can't credit them with it but it was pointed out to me that a lot of bad food is beige - and looking back on some of my past meals this feels right and in fact I use it as a guide when looking at meals.

I'm getting married in 15 days (not that I'm counting or anything) so have very little time at the moment to keep up to date on the forums. I will post an update tomorrow after my weekly measure and weigh in. I hope though that some of the others here will blog with you in the mean time.

hawklans

Back to top Go down

Post by slimmer mikey Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:27 am

I have to say that this is a really quiet forum. If a few more people blogged every day or so and said how they were doing and offered support if someone else is having a tough day then that would be great.

If you're reading this then get involved. It only has to take a few mins of your time. The journey is so much easier once there's a group of people that you share it with.

Come on everybody, get blogging!!

slimmer mikey

Back to top Go down

Post by slimmer mikey Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:32 pm

The porridge was much nicer today. Not sure what I did differently but it stayed a bit more runny, so that was good. I will try and do the same again tomorrow.

slimmer mikey

Back to top Go down

Slimmer Mikey's blog Empty Photos posted

Post by slimmer mikey Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:42 am

I've just uploaded a pic of the belly that will hopefully be a bit smaller in a couple of weeks time.

slimmer mikey

Back to top Go down

Post by slimmer mikey Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:28 am

Stuff from the chip shop is never as nice as I think it's going to be, I probably only have chip shop stuff two or three times a year. It just smells nice when you're hungry. And I did try the strawberry shakes last time I did Protikee, I didn't like them as they have seeds in plus I'm not a fan of strawberry flavour things anyway. I don't like banana flavour things either so I've never purchased those. I did like the vanilla for a while but went off those. A vanilla shake with a spoon of coffee was popular as a breakfast for a while, it was known as coffilla.

Day 2 - the porridge is not good. I'm looking at eating them as a punishment for getting so out of shape again!! An extra item for the day is a spicy pepperami. I had to take my sister to the supermarket so I ate half of it while I waited, I shall add the other half to my cottage pie tonight. I imagine shopping for your family would be hard when doing this diet.

I was mildly in ketosis this morning, the colour was about the second or third box along. I was surprised after just one day, although the '3 day diet' food that I had for the previous 4 days is quite low in carbs.

Just about to have my 2nd shake of the day, and looking forward to my cottage pie and choccy wafer later on.

Hope everyone else is still going strong.

slimmer mikey

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeBeeKate Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:21 pm

6lbs already? well done you!

glad you like the choc shake - my favourite is the Total Strawberry. We are having some lovely weather right now and i have been making mine in the blender with crushed ice - i am lucky as i have a lovely balcony that overlooks the coast so once mixed i pour it into a nice glass and i head out and enjoy it in the sunshine before i toddle off to work... some days i forget its actually a diet product!

Just remember that fish and chips 'smell better than they taste' and dominoes?...well the 'smells better than it tastes' mantra has just had to become a part of me now... i have to run past places like that and repeat it over and over then i get home and lock myself in and hope and prey that, that night i dont dream of owning a chip shop or pizzaria! friends and family think im mad but its the only way that i can sometimes resist lol

glad to hear you are still going good.

remember the mantra lol
Like a Star @ heaven

KeeBeeKate
KeeBeeKate

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2012-03-29

Back to top Go down

Post by slimmer mikey Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:11 am

Right, today was my first day on the shakes. Weigh in this morning was 11st 12 so that's 6lbs gone already. Good start!!

Can't say I was over impressed with the porridge. It didn't have the odd taste that the LL porridge did but it had quite an odd texture. I think I'll use the normal ones up before moving on to the maple ones.

The choccy shakes were lovely. I've been having protein shakes from time to time as part of the P90X diet and these are so much nicer. I was a bit hungry mid morning, and was ready for the evening meal around 7.30. The cottage pie was lovely, although I made it wrong by adding cold water instead of boiling, and I used a but too much water, so I'll get it right tomorrow. Just having a delicious chocolate wafer as my afters now, so nice.

So 13 more days to go. If they are as easy as today then it should be fine. It's getting the smell of food that is hard, driving by the chippy smelt lovely!!! And I've had the odd fantasy about Dominos!!

I hope everyone else is getting on well. Keep going!!!

slimmer mikey

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:31 am

Hi Mikey,

Yes! lots of people do make a photo diary to track their weightloss, it can be a great way to stay motivated. We have a gallery on here for you to post to if you would like to? If you arent wanting to do that just yet then its still a great thing to do privately.... i know that our KeeBeeKate has lost just over 1stone and she has her weekly weigh in picture taken ,when she gets home she prints it and sticks it to the inside of her kitchen cupboard....
so when her family are raiding the cupboards for biccies and the like she has her photos to keep her from any temptation... plus when other people venture for a bag of crisps they see how she's coming along which is a nice confidence boost when its commented on bounce youll be surprised that 4 photos over a period of 1 month show a loss, however big or small, which can be very rewarding...

flower

Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 905
Registration date : 2008-11-01

http://thekeediet.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by slimmer mikey Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:59 pm

Thanks for the photo idea, I might do that later. Do many people post pictures to this site? I imagine it would be great encouragement to see the progress other people are making. There's always the reluctance to post a pic that you look awful in, but I think if you can be that honest about where you are now by posting a pic then that indicates a great level of self honesty and determination.

I read something last year that really clicked with me:

Being fat is hard
Losing weight is hard
Maintaining a healthy weight is hard
Choose your hard

That to me sums it all up. Committing to lose the weight is bad enough. Keeping it off is the real issue of course. Ketosis means your body can access fat as fuel more efficiently but this does not mean 0% of lean body tissue gets used as a result, if only. After any weight loss through diet alone you have less muscles and so a lower metabolism. Taking on some sort of challenging exercise is so important around the time you move back to eating more normally. It is easily the riskiest time for things to start on a gradual move back the other way.

Got through all yesterday's meals OK. I've had peanut butter on toast and some grapefruit for brekky. Egg and soldiers for lunch then ham, the other half the cauli and some beetroot later on. And lots of water of course. Love water, easily my favourite drink.

Be pleased everyday with how far you have come, losing weight is a real positive thing to do so don't ruin the well deserved feeling of being a lighter person by finding unhappiness in your progress. I hope everyone is having a good week with all your diets. Keep it up!!

slimmer mikey

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:27 pm

HI Mikey!

Glad to have you on board! You certainly seem very determined to do this and are well motivated! Keep it up....have you thought of starting a photo diary for your personal use? Many people take a front on snap and a side snap when they start the diet and repeat the process when they weigh in each week. youll be surprised by the difference that you see as you look back at the pictures as your journey goes on... It really helps with the motivation and im sure it builds confidence too :-)

Let us know how you are getting on!

flower
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 905
Registration date : 2008-11-01

http://thekeediet.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content