THE KEEDIET STORE ~ www.thekeediet.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Intro kb76slimmer
NUTS / SEEDS & RECOMMENDED HEALTHY FATS... EmptySat Jun 20, 2015 9:26 pm by Kb76slimmer

» NEW VLCD BARS AND PIZZA WAFERS
NUTS / SEEDS & RECOMMENDED HEALTHY FATS... EmptyThu Apr 02, 2015 7:57 pm by KeeSupport

» VLCD - BACK IN STOCK
NUTS / SEEDS & RECOMMENDED HEALTHY FATS... EmptyWed Mar 11, 2015 11:36 pm by KeeSupport

» KeeDiet Soup Price Reduction
NUTS / SEEDS & RECOMMENDED HEALTHY FATS... EmptyThu Feb 19, 2015 9:05 pm by KeeSupport

» Exante Diet Shake Review
NUTS / SEEDS & RECOMMENDED HEALTHY FATS... EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 1:36 am by KeeSupport

» Keediet newbie - day 3 on rapid- anyone else out there?? it seems quiet.
NUTS / SEEDS & RECOMMENDED HEALTHY FATS... EmptyMon Feb 02, 2015 7:47 pm by KeeSupport

» Slimmer Mikey's Blog(s) 2015
NUTS / SEEDS & RECOMMENDED HEALTHY FATS... EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 1:38 am by KeeSupport

» NEW READY DIET MEAL - ADD TO THE KEEDIET STORE
NUTS / SEEDS & RECOMMENDED HEALTHY FATS... EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 4:38 am by KeeSupport

» KEEDIET - VLCD SALE
NUTS / SEEDS & RECOMMENDED HEALTHY FATS... EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 4:34 am by KeeSupport

NUTS / SEEDS & RECOMMENDED HEALTHY FATS...

3 posters

Go down

NUTS / SEEDS & RECOMMENDED HEALTHY FATS... Empty Additional info on NUTS for the FMRP

Post by Admin Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:04 pm

* Ironically, the WC FRMP diet is so low in fat that in order to keep your gallbladder healthy, it is recommended to add some fat to your diet. 3 TIMES A WEEK you can eat 1 tlbs / x6 small unsalted nuts / 1 tablespoon of seeds, or add nut / seed oil to your optional salad.

The type of nut you eat isn't that important, although some nuts have more heart-healthy nutrients and fats than do others. Walnuts, almonds, hazelnuts, you name it, almost every type of nut has a lot of nutrition packed into a tiny package.

study Nuts are excellent sources of fiber, Vitamin E, magnesium, zinc, selenium, copper, potassium, phosphorus, biotin, riboflavin, niacin and iron. One ounce of nuts contains 165-200 calories and typically 14-21 grams of fat. We don't recommend large portions of nuts because of the high calorie content, but eaten sprinkled on salads, as a snack or as part cereal they are certainly a welcome addition to a healthy diet.

4 brazils contain all the selenium you need for a day
Macadamia nuts are full of good B vits
Almonds are very good for your skin
Pumkin seeds supposed to make you randy lol
Chestnuts, a nut unusually low in fat
Pecans are extremly satsfiying and have lots of nutrients in
Walnuts though, because they contain n-3 fatty acids, may be particularly beneficial
Coconuts, on account of their high saturated fat content, should probably be avoided.

all nuts are good, as long as they are;

raw or dry roasted
not covered in salt
not oil cooked
tampered with in anyway 'honey roasted' 'flavoured' etc

You can't realy go wrong with nuts! The best advice we would give is to go for a variety on both FMRP programmes if using Total or WC but watch the portion size you have. As mentioned above 3 TIMES A WEEK you can eat 1 tlbs / x6 small unsalted nuts.

If you feel this will tempted too much use nut / see oil on your salads, many of our clients seem to prefer this option and use to add flavour to vegetables and salads. Remember you can always add further flavour to your oil by using garlic, chilli etc.

study Oils derived from nuts and seeds also contribute to a well-balanced diet. EG

Hazelnut Oil
This is a delicious, richly flavored oil that is extracted from the nut. Produced mainly in France, it is expensive and should be used with the finest vinegars for salad dressings, or as a marinade for fish or poultry. Its delicate flavor is lost when heated, but it can be whisked into a sauce at the last minute or used for baked goods in combination with hazelnuts.

Pine Seed Oil
With a distinctive pine seed flavor, this oil is produced on a small scale primarily in France. It is quite costly but the flavor will never disappoint. Use it for salads; it is especially delicious when added to a dipping sauce for artichokes.

Pumpkin Seed Oil
This is a dark brown oil with a pleasant flavor of toasted pumpkin seeds. It is popular in Austria, where most of it is produced. Use as a last-minute seasoning for steamed vegetables or fish.

Sesame Oil
There are many types of this oil. European, or cold-pressed sesame oil, is light in color and nutty in flavor with a high smoke point, making it a good cooking oil. Asian sesame oil is made from toasted sesame seeds, giving it a darker color and more pronounced taste. Middle Eastern sesame oils are lighter in flavor than Asian ones, with a deep golden color. All are aromatic and capable of being heated to a high temperature.

Sunflower Oil
This is one of the best allpurpose oils. It is high in polyunsaturates, tasteless, pale, light in texture, and inexpensive. It can be used for frying, cooking, salad dressings, and mixing with other more strongly flavored oils.

Vegetable Oil
This is an oil obtained from blending a number of oils in various proportions, and types and quantities are not necessarily given on the label. It may contain coconut or palm oils, which are high
in saturated fats. Vegetable oil has little aroma or flavor, making it popular as a allpurpose culinary oil.

Walnut Oil
A delicious topaz-colored oil, with a rich, nutty flavor. Walnuts from the Perigord and Dordogne in France are said to produce the best oil. In these regions, walnuts are strictly graded for quality; it is even possible for one tree to have two separate grades of walnut. Production is small, therefore this oil is expensive. Walnut oil does not keep long, either opened or unopened, so buy in small quantities and keep in a cool place, but not in the refrigerator. It makes a delicious salad dressing, and in baking it adds flavor to cakes, especially those that contain walnuts. It is also good with fish, poultry, and vegetables, or use wherever a walnut taste will marry well with the ingredients

Hope this has helped and allowed you to add a dressing to dry salad or vegetables or have a few moments of pleasure each week with a few nuts.
flower
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 905
Registration date : 2008-11-01

http://thekeediet.co.uk

Back to top Go down

NUTS / SEEDS & RECOMMENDED HEALTHY FATS... Empty Re: NUTS / SEEDS & RECOMMENDED HEALTHY FATS...

Post by anniepannie Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:48 am

hi Jenten
I am sure that was absoluetly fine as I am sure that the pixies said (somewhere) that you should get about the same weight loss if you do Etiquette 1 (please correct if wrong pixies) as with FMRP and that allows for an extra 150cals which obviously should be high protein with extra 50 cals of veg but only 3 kee products.
With and egg even if you had 4 products you aren't going to be over that are you?
so all should be fine and well done on the salt because that could have made a difference.
anniepannie
anniepannie

Number of posts : 174
Registration date : 2009-04-18

Back to top Go down

NUTS / SEEDS & RECOMMENDED HEALTHY FATS... Empty Re: NUTS / SEEDS & RECOMMENDED HEALTHY FATS...

Post by jenten2 Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:37 am

Hi Anniepannie,

Thank you for your reply.

I had one egg today which I boiled and I didn't even have salt which was hard but still lovely. I just really fancied one today and I thought stuff it so I had one. Your reply has made me feel so much better though because I was worried in case it was bad and would stop me losing weight or slow it down or something.

So thank you for that I feel a lot better now.

Take care anniepannie, I look forward to reading your posts in the other forum.

jenten2 sunny
jenten2
jenten2

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2009-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post by anniepannie Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:33 am

Hi jenten
not a pixie but until you get an answer from them I'm sure you can have an egg as you can make the weight control products into puddings by adding a beaten egg and as they are high proetin and not many calories and negligible carbs you would be alright and not affect weight loss or come out of ketosis as long as you didn't have too many I assume. Obviously the more you have the more your calorie intake would go up and the less very low calorie the diet would be.
Also you'd have to watch how you cooked it if cooking as Pixies said not to have oil allowance cooked.
Hope this helped.
anniepannie
anniepannie

Number of posts : 174
Registration date : 2009-04-18

Back to top Go down

Post by jenten2 Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:27 pm

Hi Pixies,

I'm sure I read somwhere that on the FMR we were allowed an egg??

Can someone please tell me if this is correct and if so how often are we allowed an egg and will it affect the weight loss in ANY way??

This is my second time on this diet and I really really want to succeed this time, I want to lose as much weight as I can and I don't want anything to stand in the way.

Can someone please help?

Thank you,
jenten2 sunny
jenten2
jenten2

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2009-04-21

Back to top Go down

NUTS / SEEDS & RECOMMENDED HEALTHY FATS... Empty NUTS / SEEDS & RECOMMENDED HEALTHY FATS...

Post by Admin Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:20 pm

Hi recently noticed some topics on the confusion of how many nuts / seeds you can use on the lower Kee Plan programmes. There does seem to have been an error on some of our pages where it is showing 1oz instead of 1 tablespoon. The Total ProtiKee products contain a higher quantity of fat and the nuts/seeds are therefore optional. For those following the programmes using Weight Control products it is recommended by us and the weight loss / obesity clinics in the USA, Canada & Europe that some healthy fat is added to the programme.

study GALLBLADDER Ironically, the Weight Control products are so low in fat that in order to keep your gallbladder healthy, you will need to add some healthy fat to your diet. x3 TIMES A WEEK you can eat 1tlbs / 6x SMALL NUTS or an equivalent food source for those allergic to nuts. (eg:1tbls of sunflower seeds or add oil dressing to salad/vegetables). ProtiKee Total contain a higher amount of fat within the product, adding nuts/seeds is therefore optional but can help with calcium and potassium requirements.

Hope this has helped clarify and hopefully we have corrected any of the mistakes on the website. If you notice any please let us know
All the best, and we love reading the Topics - Keep up the good work. cheers
Kee Support
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 905
Registration date : 2008-11-01

http://thekeediet.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down