THE KEEDIET STORE ~ www.thekeediet.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Intro kb76slimmer
Cashew nuts EmptySat Jun 20, 2015 9:26 pm by Kb76slimmer

» NEW VLCD BARS AND PIZZA WAFERS
Cashew nuts EmptyThu Apr 02, 2015 7:57 pm by KeeSupport

» VLCD - BACK IN STOCK
Cashew nuts EmptyWed Mar 11, 2015 11:36 pm by KeeSupport

» KeeDiet Soup Price Reduction
Cashew nuts EmptyThu Feb 19, 2015 9:05 pm by KeeSupport

» Exante Diet Shake Review
Cashew nuts EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 1:36 am by KeeSupport

» Keediet newbie - day 3 on rapid- anyone else out there?? it seems quiet.
Cashew nuts EmptyMon Feb 02, 2015 7:47 pm by KeeSupport

» Slimmer Mikey's Blog(s) 2015
Cashew nuts EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 1:38 am by KeeSupport

» NEW READY DIET MEAL - ADD TO THE KEEDIET STORE
Cashew nuts EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 4:38 am by KeeSupport

» KEEDIET - VLCD SALE
Cashew nuts EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 4:34 am by KeeSupport

Cashew nuts

2 posters

Go down

Cashew nuts Empty Re: Cashew nuts

Post by MrsHtobe Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:12 am

Brilliant, thank you :-)

MrsHtobe

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2014-06-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:01 am

Hi Caroline, and welcome Smile Copied here as useful for others as well. Please give us an update when you get a chance, it all helps to advise others Smile

Thanks for your question and hopefully we can help put your mind at rest. There are many things that can affect Ketosis, unfortunately it is rather fickle, especially in the early days and dropping out for a short time can be down to something as slight as a change in body temperature, monthly cycle, insufficient water or onset of a cold/fever, whilst still being established.

Many of our clients use nuts or seeds as choice and it is very rarely that problems are experienced or reported. As you and we mention on our page Nuts and Seeds they are a higher calorie/fat produce, but in controlled moderation introducing them into your plan is seen as a constructive step forward for a healthier lifestyle due to their numerous health benefits and trials carried out.

There is more here on our website but we would suggest no more than 1tlbs of nuts/seeds so if using pumpkin and cashew share the 1ltbs. Nuts are high in unsaturated fats and relatively low in carbs, sufficiently low in small amounts in our opinion to maintain a Ketogenic condition. If concerned and as you mention registering a negative feeling, possibly consider stopping for one / two weeks until ketosis is more established. Do not be concerned about re entering ketosis, if a difference has registered it will be so slight that overnight you will easily re-enter.

Hope this has helped, and I have copied further information below to help put your mind at rest
Kind Regards
Kee Support

Food Item: Cashews
Food Quantity: 1 oz
Carbs: 11g
Dietary Fiber: 1g
Net Carbs: 10g

Cashews and Carbs

Nuts and The Glycemic Index (GI)
Low in net carbs, nuts have a low-GI value and are typically rich in monounsaturated fat which is believed to reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease. Almonds, regular peanuts, walnuts and Brazil nuts are good food choices. Although low on the glycemic index, nuts are calorie-dense and should be eaten in moderation. That said, diet trials show that nuts have a high satiety factor which means they satisfy appetite and help prevent overeating.

GI Diet Advice About Best Carbohydrates to Eat
High blood sugar is associated with numerous metabolic disorders, including: obesity, insulin insensitivity, impaired glucose tolerance, pre-diabetes, type 2 diabetes, insulin resistance syndrome and heart disease. As far as eating is concerned, the best way to maintain optimal control over your blood glucose is to choose dietary carbohydrates with a lower GI value.Included in many low carb diets. as a better snack option, most nut and seeds (like Cashews) are relatively low in net carbs (total carbohydrate minus dietary fiber), although they can be high in calories. Nuts and seeds are good sources of nutrition , like vitamins and minerals , as well as healthy unsaturated fats and phytochemicals. Ideally, avoid oil-roasted nuts, which can be high in trans-fats and extra high-calorie, and choose lower-sodium unsalted nuts.
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 905
Registration date : 2008-11-01

http://thekeediet.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Cashew nuts Empty Cashew nuts

Post by MrsHtobe Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:25 pm

Hello everyone.,

I'm new to this (am on day 7 of the VLCD). My ketostix arrived in the post yesterday and happily showed that I was in ketosis. I checked the guidance on the website and what I could find on here (which said that all nuts and seeds are fine so long as nothing has been done to them) and ate (for the first time on the diet) some pumpkin seeds on a green salad and a small quantity of cashew nuts.

Today I feel a bit hungry. Hungrier than I did yesterday and naturally, I'm a bit concerned that the cashew nuts could be responsible and might be kicking me out of ketosis. A quick google search just now on ketosis and cashew nuts indicates that they are high in carbs and should be avoided. Having just gone through six days of pure hell to reach ketosis I am going to be devastated to have to go through that all again. I should add that I haven't tested again yet (I'll do that when I get home) and I might still be in ketosis, in which case, fine, but given the proliferation of dire warnings on the web (which I dearly wish I'd checked first!), please could I have some official Kee Diet guidance on cashew nuts?

Thanks,
Caroline

MrsHtobe

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2014-06-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down